For Dads & Daughters

Discussion in 'Photos' started by dlrides, Jul 17, 2007.

1. dlrides

dlrides 1:1.618 Supporter

Oddometer:
    I always wanted a son, but now I prefer a daughter. Daddys can spoil their little girls without guilt !
  2. treebender

treebender Avid Crasher

Oddometer:
  3. CanyonChaser

CanyonChaser Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    My wife and I are unable to have chitlins of our own, but my wife has three older brothers all with scads of children (18 total) Only two so far have shown any interest in us or our bikes. David whom we sent through and MSF class when he turned 18 and Amber (14) who was an Olympic hopeful for gymnastics until she crushed some vertebra in her back a year ago. She spent a week with us a while back and really liked the SV race-bike and said she wants to learn to ride.

[​IMG] dp
  4. Old Nuke

Old Nuke Flatlander

Oddometer:
    Daughter checking out my Harro. Circa 1979.

[​IMG]
  5. Brett737cap

Brett737cap Life is short... leave with no regrets.

Oddometer:
    As a divorced Dad of 2 daughters, 12 & 17, with 50/50 custody I totally relate to this thread. My 12 y.o. has been bugging me for some time to take her on an overnight trip on the bike, but I have been putting it off because I have been "too busy". The longest she has ridden so far is about 2 hours, so I am a little worried about whether she will like a longer ride. This thread has convinced me that I need to stop being too busy and get off my ass and take her riding!
    Billy52 likes this.
  6. SteveRed

SteveRed Adventure Moto

Oddometer:
    Just stop and smell the roses every couple of hours and you will have a ball. I think when we were in NZ we covered 2200 km's or 1400 miles in a week with one day of rest in the middle doing some fun things. Having an autocom with my daghters ipod plugged in helped her but almost drove me crazy :lol3 But at least we could communicate along the way.
  7. mistercindy

mistercindy In a state of equilibrium

Oddometer:
    North Dallas 'burb in a box made of ticky tacky.
    Great thread. My daughters are 14 and 16. Day by day I can feel them slowly leaving the nest. Sad and beautiful at the same time.

My oldest has expressed interest in a motorcyles, but not seriously yet. I've never pushed it, but she just might do it one day. I don't think my youngest has the slightest interest.
  8. kluts

kluts The Lost Tourguide

Oddometer:
    My daughters ride pillion with me and still like going. My oldest is still mad about not making one particular tour I promised her when she was ten-- despite the fact that I've sent her to many points on the globe since. :huh

Here's one taken by daughter number two over my shoulder a while back in 06.

Attached Files:

9. andijim

andijim Jean-Marc

Oddometer:
    Adopted 2 older girls 4 years ago (10 and 12). I went for a 2 week trip with the youngest one for “bonding” purposes (2 summers ago) <st1:City w:st="on">Seattle</st1:City>, glacier NP, Yellowstone, <st1:place w:st="on">Grand Teton</st1:place>, Lolo pass. It was one of my best 2 week trip ever. She loved it and we camped almost every night. I hope to do it again before she grows up …..

Attached Files:

10. andijim

andijim Jean-Marc

Oddometer:
    not sure how to attach several pic

Attached Files:

11. andijim

andijim Jean-Marc

Oddometer:
    maybe she will keep riding .....

Attached Files:

12. Joe Bar

Joe Bar Middle England

Oddometer:
    I can totally relate to that, I didn't realise just how far our musical tastes were apart until I listend to my 11 year olds music non stop for 2 hours at a time :rofl :rofl

Still great to have her there though :lol3
  13. Joe Bar

Joe Bar Middle England

Oddometer:
    It's never too late to take your daughter, my friend didn't get the chance to take his daughter when she was young (work, time, money - usual things). Now she's 36 and he's taking her touring Scotland in September, he can't wait.
  14. SteveRed

SteveRed Adventure Moto

Oddometer:
    Well first you are a legend for adopting two girls... Are they sisters? And two weeks of camping... BRILLIANT! Good on you 'andjim'.
  15. dlrides

dlrides 1:1.618 Supporter

Oddometer:
    Due to the response of this ride report, a couple of us are thinking of having a overnight father/daughter trip in Tellico Plains, TN. I will post it if there is any interest.
  16. svwayne

svwayne Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Aunts/uncles are the next best thing to grandparents IMO. I've been riding for 40+ years and I ride today because I had an uncle who took the time to teach me how to ride.
    Billy52 likes this.
  17. svwayne

svwayne Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    +1:thumbup
  18. svwayne

svwayne Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I'd be interested from down here in GA.:clap :clap
  19. GB

GB . Administrator Super Moderator Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    :clap for your most humanitarian act of giving 2 girls a loving adoptive family and giving them a shot at a better life :thumb

You can only attach 1 picture per post, or get yourself a smugmug.com account and share your pics with your friends and family and "hotlink" them to your reports, and... support the operation of this site :thumb
  20. jmoore813

jmoore813 Road Warrior

Oddometer:
    2 :thumb way up for this thread. My little one (year and a half) is already showing signs of the "sickness" (as my wife calls it). She sits on her older brother's PW50, moves the handlebars and makes the "vroom" sounds. She also likes to sit on the Buell, and on an old Power Wheels Harley we have sitting in the yard. Riding with my sons (I have 2 boys) is a joy, but I have a feeling riding with her will be something special...thanks for this thread guys.