1. AVOID SCAMMERS!
      (1) Do not transact without protections in place! Different payment options may limit your payment protection
      (2) Use a payment service like PayPal that has purchase protection.
      (3) Terms like 'Friends and Family' are a warning that NO payment protection exists.
      (4) Avoid transactions with new members with no history and "family or friend of friend" offers.
      (5) If you do not understand the payment method you're being asked to use; stop and do not proceed until you do
      (6) If you receive a suspicious private message, click the "report" link and let us know!
    LISTINGS MUST INCLUDE: Price, Location, Product Description(s) and NO Links to CL or EBAY or your post will not be allowed. Read the rules!

FOR SALE 2001 CR250R (MARIETTA, GA)

Discussion in 'Bikes' started by Lotta Throttle, Nov 9, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lotta Throttle

Lotta Throttle Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I haven't ridden the bike since Jan but if someone has an itch to relieve the wild days of MX 2-strokes and promises to take care of her then I would sell her for $3000. Ricky Carmichael was one year too late to enjoy the last of these cylinder reed CR's, he rode that weakling 2002 case reed motor. YEAH, I SAID IT :lol3

Because i was way past my MX prime I converted it to enduro/hard enduro to enjoy single track trails.

It has MVR enduro suspension front and rear that made it next-level in the woods (sprung for 185lb rider + 22lbs of gear). For additional woods comfort she has Acerbis low profile barkbusters, IMS wide pegs, Devol radiator BRACES & guards, skid plate, pipe guard, ASV unbreakable levers, 18" Warp 9 rear, Shenko 505 cheater, Tubeliss, oversized pegs and steel braided brake lines. For those 60 mile trail rides it has 3gal tank and a plush seat (that could use a new cover).

For increased low-end woods lugging it has full FMF gnarly exhaust with Turbine muffler, Rekluse z-Pro Start auto clutch, oversized rear sprocket, extra exhaust manifold spacers for more enduro style low-end (see MXA 2001 article about this genius $1 mod) and Vforce3 reeds. Top end is OEM spec from Honda (I took no chances on an aftermarket top-end) and has maybe 4 hours on it. I even have a new unused Polisport plastic kit for it as well as a 2001 owners manual. Because it's now geared for the woods the top speed is maybe 55mph, so you wont be winning any drag races. However, you can lug in tight woods where older bikes fail or overheat. If you feel jiggy twist the throttle and hold on, she can scream.

This bike is far and away more exhilarating to ride than my 300XCW and anyone who raced MX in the glory days will appreciate this motor. The power is MX exciting but the low-end mods make gnarly hill climbs and tight single track a blast. DM me If you're ready for that old-school 2 stroke MX power in a woods set-up.

NO TRADES.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
  2. dave0

dave0 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    How many manifold spacers?
  3. Lotta Throttle

Lotta Throttle Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I'm running 4.
    dave0 likes this.
Thread Status: