For Winnipeg and the surrounding area!

Discussion in 'Canada' started by BOBMUNZ, Jun 6, 2009.

1. BOBMUNZ

BOBMUNZ In jail for a while.

Oddometer:
    I might be able to join you depending on what time you leave at seeing as for once I have a Saturday off, Backroader feel like joining us? A retired man cant be that busy. (BTW side note, passed my road test today, I'm a free man):rilla

Give me a call on my cell 295-7677 (not before 9am, I'm not an early riser)
  2. EvilScottie

EvilScottie Adventurer

Oddometer:
    That'd be great. I won't be heading out early - it's 2am now and I just finished wiring a 12V cig style power thingy to feed the GPS. Took off lots of plastic find a spot, and some more to tap power off the horn, picked up a ground off a turn signal... then I skillfully cross wires and blew a fuse... took off more plastic to get the seat off to check the fuse box but those were ok... blew the main 20A fuse. Nice job, eh? Great way to learn the bike. Nice that the KLR comes with spare fuses. :clap

I'm out in East St. Paul - be stopping at Cdn Tire on Regent on my way tomorrow to pickup spare fuses. I think I'll be there between 11am and noon. I'll try your cell. Mine is 794-7190.

Scott.
  3. BackRoader

BackRoader Life Is A Hiway, Ride It.

Oddometer:
    Great news on your license..... now you go out get some good wheelie tickets ! I recall it cost 6 points....at least, that's what the judge took back in the day.

Tied up today..... Mrs Backroader has a list of things to do for me....will try to escape if things go well later in the day...I have your cell number.

Take it easy on ElviScottie. Have a good ride.
  4. calan818

calan818 The CarMexican

Oddometer:
    Hey guys, I am up for that ride out in the Whiteshell in July. Just got back home from the big trip out west, had a great time! The KLR limped home burning oil, a leaky rear tire and a stretched out chain that kept getting looser by the hour. Of course Deborah's Vstrom ran like a thoroughbred...
    We did close to 7000kms up to Hyder Alaska and down through Lake Louise and Banff...fun times! Will get some pictures up eventually, I took like 500 of them!:lol3
  5. jimtoe

jimtoe Dream'n of a Dream

Oddometer:
    The Peg 2 seasons short summer & long winter
    Glad you had a safe trip. Will talk to you soon.

Will have to miss the July ride since I never miss the Folk Festival.
  6. BOBMUNZ

Oddometer:
    Dont be bringing any contraband in, my friend is running event security (not campground) and has no problem taking things people shouldn't have away from them (most notably drugs) but you seem like a respectable type so I'm sure there will be no problem...
  7. jimtoe

jimtoe Dream'n of a Dream

Oddometer:
    The Peg 2 seasons short summer & long winter
    No worries there. There is always more than enough that gets through. Not that I care. I go for the music and meeting old freinds. The beer gardens are OK though.
  8. calan818

calan818 The CarMexican

Oddometer:
    Hey fellow riders of MB! I just got off the phone with Speedracer, and he was planning this ride on July 11,12. Early meeting time on Saturday and head out to Bissett by some 304 I believe. Spend one night camping, and ride leisurely around on Sunday before we head back. Rules are as usual for adventure riding...bring your own gear and food, and whoever shows up is there and whoever is not there is not!:clap
  9. BOBMUNZ

Oddometer:
    Because I have some notice, I should be able to get that Saturday off and join you guys.
  10. calan818

calan818 The CarMexican

Oddometer:
    That is the key, a bit of notice...I hope you can make it T, you should enjoy this ride with your offroad prowness...Who else can make it!!
  11. BackRoader

Oddometer:
    Can't committ until last minute on this one.... would like to go though, sounds fun.

Will further update.
  12. speedracer

speedracer The Lucky One

Oddometer:
    Middle of Canada.......no really.........it is
    Gotta hate it when "retirement" gets in the way of riding eh??

hahaha

13. speedracer

speedracer The Lucky One

Oddometer:
    That's why I don't go to the FF.....they frown at the gun case on my KLR.:D :rofl :D :rofl :lol3 :lol3 :lol3

14. 'Dumbdog

'Dumbdog Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Should be standard equipment...
    :thumb
  15. BOBMUNZ

Oddometer:
    So I am for sure coming to bissett, All I need is a meeting time and meeting place and I'm there, been hoping to meet you with Carl again now that I have capable off road tires now and see if I can really keep up or pass him.
  16. BackRoader

Oddometer:
    Hey John Fry...sent you a PM....I am good to go on Tuesday the 30th or July 01.....

If anyone is interested we could try making it into Whitemouth Lake through the Sandilands...it's probably fire roads, lots of dust and very little technical riding.

Also can explore...east and south of Labroquirie.
  17. speedracer

speedracer The Lucky One

Oddometer:
    We can probably meet at the Robins at Lagimodier & Fermor at 8:00 am

KP

18. BOBMUNZ

Oddometer:
    Heh just noticed this, you are just jealous of my sand hill climb on bald tires.
  19. BOBMUNZ

Oddometer:
    So I actually just looked at the map, Bissett is a lot further away then I had originally thought.

I sure hope most of it is going to be done off road/twisty back road, because 5 hours of strait slab riding each way was not what I was expecting.

Now that being said, judging by every ride I have taken with this crowd I'm doubting that slab is the plan.
  20. BOBMUNZ

Oddometer:
    Ok so I just looked back at some of the previous posts and there was mention of taking 304 most of the way up, might I suggest this route (as with all dual sport adventures the route is up for some creative adjustment )
    <small></small>
    <small>View Larger Map</small>"><iframe marginheight="0" marginwidth="0" src="http://maps.google.ca/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=38+Glenthorne+Crescent,+Winnipeg,+Division+No.+11,+Manitoba&daddr=50.397138,-95.743103+to:Bissett,+Division+No.+19,+Unorganized,+MB&geocode=FQw2-AId6iI2-g%3B%3BFfWWCgMdX_dL-g&hl=en&mra=dpe&mrcr=0&mrsp=1&sz=11&via=1&sll=50.433454,-95.911331&sspn=0.236619,0.780716&ie=UTF8&ll=50.433454,-95.911331&spn=0.236619,0.780716&output=embed" scrolling="no" width="425" frameborder="0" height="350"></iframe>
    <small>View Larger Map

We would have to likely get some gas before we head into the park because I personally have no idea what there is for fuel stops in the park but it looks like it could be a fun route on some twisty roads
    </small>