For Winnipeg and the surrounding area!

Discussion in 'Canada' started by BOBMUNZ, Jun 6, 2009.

1. stubblejumper

stubblejumper ,,,

Oddometer:
    I can make it to. What time should I be at your place Carl?
  2. calan818

calan818 The CarMexican

Oddometer:
    Charlie, I will email you tomorrow. I have to talk to Reg on tuesday afternoon, and make sure I have a bike!!:huh
  3. BackRoader

BackRoader Life Is A Hiway, Ride It.

Oddometer:
    Saw a note, there has been flooding in south eastern MB. May need to take an extra pair of dry socks for this trip and a tow rope.
    "I hate water crossing's":puke1

Quote "Somewhat larger streams such as the Roseau, Whitemouth and Fisher rivers are still rising but will crest in a few days. Many streams east of Lake Winnipeg will not crest until late this week or next week due to the effect of the many lakes in the area." Dated today
  4. calan818

calan818 The CarMexican

Oddometer:
    The plans have been set, meeting up at Robins Doughnuts Fermor and Lagimodiere at 10 am, Canada Day. Come celebrate our country's birthday by playing on the back roads! Looks like 4 or 5 confirmed riders, but of course open to anyone else who wants to show up! Come out for the day, should be home by supper hour. See you cats on Wednesday morning!:clap
  5. BackRoader

Oddometer:
    See ya there Carl. I plan on getting there a little before 10:00 to grab a coffee.
  6. jimtoe

jimtoe Dream'n of a Dream

Oddometer:
    The Peg 2 seasons short summer & long winter
    I have to pass on this one as I will be moving one of my daughters out to her new apartment. FREEDOM.

All kidding aside i will miss her around here and it seams I miss another ride as well.
  7. BackRoader

Oddometer:
    See you on another run I am sure.....
  8. calan818

calan818 The CarMexican

Oddometer:
    Good Luck on the moving day Jim! Don't lift anything too heavy and hurt your back, might wreck your motorcycle summer! Happy Canada Day! Heading out in a few minutes to meet up with the guys in the city...
  9. BackRoader

Oddometer:
    Happy Canada Day for you "shut ins" that are reading this post and not out riding.....
  10. champ

champ Adventurer

Oddometer:
  11. champ

champ Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Happy Canada Day for you "shut ins" that are reading this post and not out riding.....[/quote]

Thanks, someone has to work.....too bad I'm one of them
  12. calan818

calan818 The CarMexican

Oddometer:
    There were 5 riders out for the ride, On-Off, backroader, johnfry, stubblejumper, and myself. Had a perfect day weatherwise and good company all around. A few highlights: First time for me riding to Labroqurie and Marchand, real nice road out that way. Sandilands were a bit too sandy for us today. Pineview BusShack is not open yet, but we did very well at Prawda gas station. Hwy 44 was spectacular as usual. A great bar at Rennie with cold beer, and good people running it. The ride from Elma to Winnipeg is still too long and boring. The only thrill was the Hell's Angel Harley rider passing us through Dugald on the centre line between us and the oncoming traffic at a Hellish Speed.:lol3

We need John to weigh in and tell us how his Panniers are looking today?

Backroader can provide an update on the thrills of riding a bike with ABS while coming down a bumpy trail in the bush?

Happy Canada Day!
  13. speedracer

speedracer The Lucky One

Oddometer:
    Middle of Canada.......no really.........it is
    Hey all...........what's the final head count for a ride to Bisset one week from tomorrow with an over night along the way in tents??

Kyle
  14. BOBMUNZ

BOBMUNZ In jail for a while.

Oddometer:
    I'm in, I booked time off work, girlfriend is jelous, I just told her to start saving and buy a wee-strom ( she is far too short even for a lowered and Corbin equipped KLR)
  15. BOBMUNZ

Oddometer:
    So I'm heading out riding tomorrow, dont know where but it will be around noon.

Depending on who chimes in will depend on where we go.

Not sure where to meet either, also depends on who is joining me, may be some point on the perimeter or at the robins at Fermor.
  16. BOBMUNZ

Oddometer:
    Well this doesn't look very promising, we only get 6 months of riding weather a year, and only 4 months of that are warm. I'm surprised that nobody wants to take advantage of nice Sunday afternoon.
  17. 'Dumbdog

'Dumbdog Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I just got in, it was perfect out there this morning... this aft I'm tied to the house, but can get out this evening for a bit. next week tues through thurs I'm camping with the family....
  18. speedracer

speedracer The Lucky One

Oddometer:
    Middle of Canada.......no really.........it is
    Great!
    For those of you who came out on the WestHawk camp out last fall and met him.... (Jeff) from Brandon is coming also with his KLX250 If we can chip in a tiny bit for gas he'll bring his truck a little further so we have a support vehicle in the bush. I'd say he should bring it as far as Lac Du Bonnet at least or maybe up to bird lake area. It will be nice light riding till then too as we can put our camping gear in his truck for much of the highway ride to and from Winnipeg.

I"m looking forward to trying out the bike now that I have the Jardine exhaust on it. Seems like it has more power and I got the frame work for the hard bags redone so the bike finally handles a little better now too.

PM me or call me at 795-1245 if you have any questions regarding the ride.

19. calan818

calan818 The CarMexican

Oddometer:
    Hey all, what type of crew is expected to be out for this ride?
  20. 'Dumbdog

'Dumbdog Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I'm going canoeing in pinawa this week.... so have fun guys.. I need a drz...