For Winnipeg and the surrounding area!

Discussion in 'Canada' started by BOBMUNZ, Jun 6, 2009.

1. speedracer

speedracer The Lucky One

Oddometer:
    Middle of Canada.......no really.........it is
    Alright guys......we've talked for two seasons about doing this ride. Who else is in? I think we're up to 4 so far. Who else?

2. calan818

calan818 The CarMexican

Oddometer:
    Hey Kyle is the plan to meet up on Friday night? Then leave early Saturday?
  3. speedracer

speedracer The Lucky One

Oddometer:
    I'm open for anything, give me a call during the day & lets talk
    795-1245

4. BOBMUNZ

BOBMUNZ In jail for a while.

Oddometer:
    The only thing I had heard was we would leave early sat morning (8am) and it's a six hour ride from Winnipeg on slab. Might be a bit of a pain for you having to tack on another hour and a half.
  5. speedracer

speedracer The Lucky One

Oddometer:
    We come home on slab but the rest of the ride is on a fantastic logging road all the way there from Lac Du Bonnet.
    Check it on google maps. I've driven this road and it will be a fun ride. Some areas are sand, some gravel, some grass. lots of twists and turns, lakes and hills.

We could even come back the same way if everyone likes it. If ur tired you can take the slab home.

KP

6. speedracer

speedracer The Lucky One

Oddometer:
    Also.........its less than 6 hours on slab for sure. you can get to Thompson in a bit more than 6. This will take 6 on gravel if we make some stops to play. I'm thinking we may camp at Wallace lake camp ground if no one wants to rough it or we could just camp somewhere along the way.

I'm easy...........what ever works.

7. speedracer

speedracer The Lucky One

Oddometer:
    One last note.................Gotta love the weather. Calling for temps of 20-23 and sunny. couldn't ask for better riding and camping weather. not too hot..........not too cold.
    YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8. BOBMUNZ

Oddometer:
    So whats the official departure time from Winnipeg? Is it 8am for sure?
  9. speedracer

speedracer The Lucky One

Oddometer:
    That works fine for me although......what kind of interest is there to meet at the 59er on Hwy 59 for Breakfast on the way out??? MMMMmmmmmm......I love a good breakfast!!!!

We could meet there at 8:00 am, have breakfast and then take off.

10. stubblejumper

stubblejumper ,,,

Oddometer:
    Ya it was fun wasn`t it
  11. on-off

on-off Six String Slinger

Oddometer:
    Are you guys coming out{up to bisset} this weekend? As well, I found a dirt road by the mars hill area that is suppose to run up to Traverse Bay. I didn't follow it that far but what I was on was fun, if anyone wants to do a run that way next week P.M. me.
  12. calan818

calan818 The CarMexican

Oddometer:
    I like that plan for breakfast:clap 8am is good too, can't be leaving late in the morning or we will never make it there.

Big rain supposed to be on the way for a couple of days, will see what develops!
  13. speedracer

speedracer The Lucky One

Oddometer:
    There's the plan folks. Meet for Breakfast, gas up and off we go. The weather man says sunny and 20 for Sat. and sunny and 24 for Sunday. I couldn't ask for better riding weather. Looks like we have two trucks going up to Lac Du Bonnet so we have lots of support vehicles. Bring your tent and lets have fun!:clap :clap :clap :clap :clap

14. BOBMUNZ

Oddometer:
    So, as it stands there are 4 people going?
  15. RabidRover

RabidRover Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Just picked up a thumper and am new to the forum ... keep me posted if there are any day trips planned in the future. :ricky
  16. EvilScottie

EvilScottie Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Man I'd like to be along for this - sounds excellent. Too busy with work, too much travel, but at least I've finally hit the 1,000km mark on the KLR, and got caught in first mega downpour.

Thanks BOBMUNZ for showing me the trails around Seddon's Corner. Have a fantastic time guys - hope to meet you'all soon. Safe ride!:1drink
  17. speedracer

speedracer The Lucky One

Oddometer:
    see you there

18. on-off

on-off Six String Slinger

Oddometer:
    Got up,got outa bed, but no need for a comb. Then I drove to the 59er and the guys were gasing up and I met "Bentforks" who came out for breakfast. After some chating we left and drove to Lac du Bonnet,where I took the "pony" off the trailer. We rode up into Nipoming Park and found a gas station, Kyle our "ambassador" dialogued with the natural resource officer about the area{you should see him calm down a redneck when you get caught riding on their land}. After a snack we went down a mining road which was a good time and saw some beautiful lakes.We returned to the gas station for a massive burger{you may see pictures of this beast} at about 2:00pm. At about 3ish I said goodbye and rode back against some fierce wind as I watched a dark cloud, which I happen to ride around. I got back and loaded the bike and made it home at about 6ish. When I left them,the boys were in good shape to ride another 2 hundred k to a camp they were eyeballing,hope all is well.
  19. calan818

calan818 The CarMexican

Oddometer:
    Hey Doug, going to help out your thread by posting a picture of that monster burger!!

Attached Files:

20. calan818

calan818 The CarMexican

Oddometer:
    You are right Doug, we headed North on #304 through Nopiming Park, the Conservation Officer had warned us of the water on the road, but it was not a challenge to the mighty KLR's! (or the KLX either for that matter). We wanted to ride north and find a spot to camp for the night, but first we had to get past the water.

Attached Files: