Forma Adventure Boot

Discussion in 'Equipment' started by KilLeR Kawasaki, Mar 19, 2013.

1. numbaphive

numbaphive not quite rite

Oddometer:
  2. 1coolbanana

1coolbanana Long timer

Oddometer:
    What are these like for standing in for a while?
    Some have said that the sole isnt hard enough for a lot of standing and can become painful.
    Anybody have info on this?
    Cheers
  3. Deadelk

Deadelk Adventurer Supporter

Oddometer:
    I like mine.
    If I wear them out, I'll get more.
  4. keeper1616

keeper1616 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I had a pair of these for a brief and painful hour. As a normal/skinny guy (6'/160lbs), these boots are very big in the calves, and have a piece of plastic that digs into my ankles. Not the right boot for me, but I'm sure they're right for someone. Since trying these on, I'm 2k very happy miles into wearing my Toucans.

FWIW, mine came partly disassembled already, the pad velcro at the top was coming apart on arrival.
  5. metavug

metavug Adventurer

Oddometer:
    If money was not an issue, would you choose the forma adventure or the sidi gore-tex adventure?

Thanks for any feedback
  6. Navy Chief

Navy Chief Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Curious how the protection in these compares to the TCX Infinities, externally they do not look that different...
  7. ride4321

ride4321 Long timer

Oddometer:
    I have a pair of these arriving today. I did quite a bit of research and hope they do the job. Will post up when I have some miles on them.
  8. Brtp4

Brtp4 Powdercoat it. Supporter

Oddometer:
    metavug, answered via PM.

BP
  9. jredford

jredford Ninja Racer

Oddometer:
    I road race forma boots and love them!
  10. LtsGoRyd

LtsGoRyd Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    the TCX Gore-Tex Infinity's and the Forma Adventure's. I like both of em, for fit and quality. The forma's have larger toe box(not a problem for shifting on the xr400 or the xr650l). The Forma has more aggressive sole tread pattern. I think the Forma has a tad(I do mean tad) more protection. Forma also has a bit more metatarsal protection. The Forma does have more room for larger calf. The TCX has a more firm feeling chin protection(but without takin them apart I couldn't honestly say if one would offer more protection than the other in that area). I would need to compare the sole stiffness when I get home to be able to say which one is stiffer. Both are super comfortable to wear on, and off the bike. Both have been super comfortable to wear for 5+ hr dual sport rides standing and sitting, riding in wheel size rocks and smaller for miles, dirt, and road. No problems on either model with water, and both have good heal protection. Riding in this rock infested area, I feel like the Forma has more protection, but with that being said, these are Adventure type boots, Not claiming or offering the same extensive type of protection on a motocross boot, but still very effective and comfortable and better protection than just wearing steel toe work boots, and shorts :rofl:rofl(no I don't wear shorts while riding motorcycles, just poking fun). Just passing some time at lunch, maybe this info can clear things up for someone......wishin I was ridin, joe :D
  11. Navy Chief

Navy Chief Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the comparison, I currently ride in the TCX Infinities and was trying to decide if the Forma was an upgrade in protection or not. You provided everything I needed to make that decision. :1drink
  12. LtsGoRyd

LtsGoRyd Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    If ya think of any questions, just give me a shout :ear:D. Main thing I'd be thinking about is type of terrain that you spend most time on, and, is most accessible to ya. For the rocky infested area that I ride most, I should really have a set of motocross boots and forego the waterproof aspect in trade for the most protection available. But.......I really like the Adventuring part of Dual Sport Riding. I'll eventually get a pair of motocross boots for that rocky specific all day riding, but haven't found the right used pair yet. :D
  13. ride4321

ride4321 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Mine arrived yesterday and got tested this morning on the commute to work.
    They felt great right out of the box. I wear a 45 in a BMW road boot but got a 46 in the Forma after reading as much as I could find on sizing. The 46 fits good but I think the 45 might have fit also, lots of room in the 46.

As mentioned the toe box is big but isn't a huge problem on my DR650. The lugged sole was more of an issue shifting as I can't slide my foot around on the DR peg, but the tread feels very good and planted both on the pegs and on the road so it's a small trade off I think.

I'm keeping them and am happy with the boot so far. They seem to have good protection and should suit my off road needs well. I'm not sure they'll see much on road action but maybe once they're softened up a bit.

BTW, I ordered from MotoStorm for $209. $40 in shipping but still much cheaper than the $299 I see everywhere else.
  14. scbob

scbob Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I've had mine about 6 months, from the great folks at Atomic.
    Very comfortable out of the box. I wear wide fitting shoes /boots and these fit great. Big on the calves
    Waterproof to about 18" deep.
    I ride DS, and I really like the compromise of fit, protection and comfort.
    Good gear is always worth it - I highly recommend these boots.
    Bob
  15. kag

kag Wander Lust

Oddometer:
    Had mine now for 7 months...about 12k miles of tarmac and gravel. Just rode through heavy rains....

Best MC boot I have ever owned. I ordered them direct from Manufacturer