Forma Adventure Boots eBay listing from FM.

Discussion in 'Equipment' started by Schmokel, Apr 12, 2019.

1. Schmokel

Schmokel Key to Happiness: Low Expectations

Oddometer:
    What happened to the thread in the Flea Market section about the eBay listing that had the cheap boots? Confirmed scam? I wanted to follow up on that to see what happens.
    Tonixsur likes this.
  2. dmcc67

dmcc67 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Me too! I ordered a pair each of the standard height and short ones, we'll see!
  3. NorskieRider

NorskieRider Long timer

Oddometer:
    Today I received a couple emails from Ebay:

We're writing to let you know that we've removed an item you recently won due to concerns with the seller's account .... blah blah blah
    Since you've already paid for the item, you don't need to do anything else. If your item hasn't arrived yet, it should arrive soon. If it doesn't, then you'll want to open a case in our Resolution Center. blah blah blah

So what is "soon" ? I give until the end of the week.
  4. Stasher1

Stasher1 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    They've apparently been relisted. I bought a pair this morning for $18.99 shipped. I'm just going to sit back and see what shows up, if anything at all.

Regardless of what happens, the transaction is insured and it's less than $20. As far as I'm concerned, it's like a $20 raffle ticket.
    PineLaneRider likes this.
  5. DerekS

DerekS Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    @Stasher1 I’m with you!

I opted for a $19 gamble on a pair of <likely knockoff> Sidi Adventure 2 boots.
  6. Schmokel

Schmokel Key to Happiness: Low Expectations

Oddometer:
    51 positive reviews all on the same item.
  7. Sidecar Jockey

Sidecar Jockey Bike Doctor

Oddometer:
    It's a scam, you probably won't be receiving anything. I also ordered a pair of the Forma Adventure tall boots back on April 11 in the AM. I received notice a few hours later that my order had shipped via SpeedPAK. I'm familiar with SpeedPAK and have received several items through them in the past. They have an excellent tracking system and provide tracking numbers for all of their packages.

I messaged the seller after receiving the shipping notice and requested the SpeedPAK tracking number. No response.

On April 15, I received the following message from Ebay:
    "We're writing to let you know that we've removed an item you recently won due to concerns with the seller's account:
    352637471565 - Forma Adventure motorcycle boots, mens, brown, black waterproof adv touring gear"

The estimated delivery is Fri, Apr 26 - Wed, May 08. There is still no tracking information provided through Ebay. The seller's account has been deleted so I cannot ask them again.

I was expecting to receive a cheap pair of knockoff boots, which I was totally fine with for $18. At this point though, I don't think i'll be receiving anything. 100% scam.

Since May 8 is the latest expected delivery date, I'll be filing my Ebay money back guarantee claim on May 9 if I don't receive anything. I'm sure I won't. You must file your claim within 30 days of purchase, so it's cutting it really close with these long shipping estimates. I noticed that some of the scammer sellers other items were not estimated to arrive until outside of 30 days. In that case, good luck getting your money back, since you'll be asking Ebay for a policy exception...

I was expecting a pair of knockoff boots, and was totally fine with knockoffs for the $18 price. The way it's been going though, I don't think I'll get anything. I think the shipping notice was bogus, and I don't think anything is actually in the mail. I'll let you know for sure on May 9.
  8. kwb377

kwb377 It's All In The Reflexes...

Oddometer:
    Dan Diego and TripleTriples like this.
  9. TripleTriples

TripleTriples Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I mentioned this in the last thread, it's definitely a scam.

The seller will stay active until eBay figures out that they're a fraud, then liquidate before they can come after them for refund money.

Anyone who bought from them will get $20 back from eBay, but the scammer will make off with whatever they can pocket.
    Dan Diego likes this.
  10. Sidecar Jockey

Oddometer:
    Yeah, I knew it was a scam going in. But for my $18 I was hoping to receive a pair of knockoff boots, just to have a an extra junk pair for those close to home trail rides when you know they're going to get soaked or mud filled.

I'm pretty sure I'll get nothing but my $18 back. Oh, well.
  11. Tonixsur

Tonixsur n00b

Oddometer:
    SCAM SCAM SCAM. I wish I was able to read this before purchasing. Now the boots are under
    Ruiminwan-2 scam seller.
    Lailiw_0 scam seller.
    New Forma Adventure $18.99 SCAM big time.

They are selling the same item very cheap, they create other accounts and make purchases from their own products under another account name and number, then, they rate themself all with excellent scores.

There is another seller under the name of Hang something. Do not buy it.
    Dan Diego likes this.
  12. NextAdventre

NextAdventre Been here awhile

Oddometer:

EBay will refund your money. Not a big deal, friend. Too bad their system can’t block scammers more effectively.
    Dan Diego likes this.
  13. Stasher1

Stasher1 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Exactly. I received my refund the other dsy.
  14. Sidecar Jockey

Oddometer:
    I got my money refunded too.
  15. TripleTriples

Oddometer:
    I posted this in the other thread before it was deleted, but I've had good luck with the seller "moto-boots" on ebay. They've got floor models, blemishes, etc for sale cheap if you don't mind not having a box to throw away when your new boots show up. No affiliation to me, just passing on the info.
    Stasher1 likes this.
  16. Yinzer Moto

Yinzer Moto aka: trailer Rails Supporter

Oddometer:
    This is what the person hopes, basically, if a few hundred people take your approach and do not ask for their money back, the scam worked. You are not going to get anything. The scammer just creates accounts and makes fake listings. They never ship a single item. They keep the amounts of money low enough that it is not worth peoples time to ask for a refund.
    TripleTriples likes this.
  17. Dan Diego

Dan Diego Long timer

Oddometer:
    313E7479-D849-43CE-87C1-99D3A3152878.jpeg I’ve been seeing these items (Forma boots, Scorpion helmets) coming from China for $18.99. We’ll, “listed” from, not actually coming from...

Unsure what the scam is, but haven’t seen any real world reviews of someone who’s actually received them.
  18. TripleTriples

Oddometer:
    Usually, they just liquidate as fast as possible so that eBay can't track them down for refunds.

Sure, folks get their money back, but I'm sure eBay and PayPal will raise their rates to compensate at some point.
    petertakov, Dan Diego and Yinzer Moto like this.
  19. petertakov

petertakov Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Exactly. Everyone knowingly (19$, come on) participating in a scam scheme is making us all pay for it.
    Yinzer Moto and TripleTriples like this.