1. Livestream NOW at 9pm EST / 6M PST! Any Questions for Marc?
    Baldy + Alta CEO & Co-Founder Marc Fenigstein YouTube Live Chat here
    Dismiss Notice

Fortnine

Discussion in 'Canada' started by Jbone11 11, Apr 7, 2016.

1. Jbone11 11

Jbone11 11 Long timer

Oddometer:
    You guys seen/heard about this? Looks like a great project. Good on this guy for getting excited about Canadian motorcycling and getting the word out.

https://fortnine.ca/
  2. CDN Rick

CDN Rick Canoodia Eh?

Oddometer:
  3. Jeepraider

Jeepraider n00b

Oddometer:
    Looks excellent, subscribed!
  4. Jbone11 11

Jbone11 11 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Wait....Canada's Motorcycle is changing into Fortnine??? ....actually now that I take a closer look, it says on the website, in itty-bitty font waaay down at the bottom "Brought to you by Canada's Motorcycle"....Huh...I guess it true.
  5. NeilF9

NeilF9 n00b

Oddometer:
    Hey! Neil here, I'm part of the FortNine project.

Canada's Motorcycle will be changing names, however we are the same group of people and still only serving Canada. We will be making a more official announcement on May 1st that explains why the change, why "FortNine", when the change will happen, and more.

PS - We are going to be filming season 2 of the explore series this summer in Ontario, send us a message if you want to join or recommend some good spots.
    ForestFrog likes this.
  6. Cal

Cal Long timer

Oddometer:
    I ordered some highway pegs from them on Friday night and had a question at the same time, they responded to me on Sunday morning! Now thats service.
  7. Jbone11 11

Jbone11 11 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Hey Neil, Thanks for taking the time to post up! Always great to get feed back from industry folk ;) As for the upcoming shoot for this season, I'll definitely get in touch. There are some great trails/roads.... I use the term loosely LOL....in the Ottawa area.

Keep up the good work, great to see some local fellahs out there instead of the usual intrepid English dudes ;)

inmate Ryan Carman knows most of the trails and routes we've done pretty well. He'd be a good guy to get in touch with.
  8. dustin2

dustin2 VFR800

Oddometer:
    I got the same notice in my most recent delivery from Canada's Motorcycle but was relieved to read that they're not going anywhere, just changing identities. I have had nothing but great service & good prices from Canada's Motorcycle so I'd hate to lose 'em!
  9. Vikingtazz

Vikingtazz Will ride for food.

Oddometer:
    Looks like a cool project.
    Looking forward to more.
  10. rkluftinger

rkluftinger Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Glad to hear some positive feedback on the FortNine switch / our new travel series! We'll throw together a more formal thread in a few weeks, when we start planning the rides for this season. Definitely need some help finding good riding terrain in Ontario...
    ~RyanF9
  11. Vikingtazz

Vikingtazz Will ride for food.

Oddometer:
    There are of course LOTS of good riding terrain in Ontario.
    My favorite area is Calabogie - dirt and pavement.
  12. jackalsour

jackalsour Xennial

Oddometer:
    Just noticed this when I went to order my resupply of filters and chain sprays. The new brand definitely has a more personal travel/adv feel. The first season of the travel series was a great coverage of Quebec :thumb
  13. smashley

smashley Adventurer Supporter

Oddometer:
    I discovered FortNine last Spring (around the time this thread started) and have placed a few orders with them. I was always surprised at how quickly my package arrived. Order on Monday, see it on Wednesday. I bought Nelson Rigg Adventure Dry Saddlebags from them last August for my annual bike trip in September. On my one and only trip with them so far, my bike took a dirt nap and a buckle on one of the straps broke. 4 months later and I contacted them to see if they could sell me a replacement. Instead of selling me something, they are arranging a warranty replacement for me and shipping it out. What great customer service. I don't think I can shop anywhere else now.

@RyanF9, I haven't seen any new travel videos. You weren't able to make it out to Ontario last summer? If you come this year, I would like to say thank you in person.
  14. SaSaMCKZ

SaSaMCKZ Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Love these guys .. great customer service
  15. pelvis_98

pelvis_98 Havin A Time

Oddometer:
    I'm very happy with their customer service too. For the most part now I dont even shop around much, I just go to them.
  16. CanadianX

CanadianX Don’t leave a steaming pile for others.

Oddometer:
    Still shop around but Canada Motorcycle now Fortnine has always been good to deal with. GP Bikes has been really good as well as far as online shopping and service.
    Just ordered a FXR MC Adventure Jacket from Fortnine, seemed to have a lower price than FXR (?) Can't find many reviews on this jacket so as there is no real risk (don't like it send it back) I ordered one up. The jacket has all the right sort of features and material based on the spec sheet, though will need to compete with mid range KLIM jackets as they are in the same price point. I'll post up my thought as a separate thread in the Canada forum.
  17. rob1313

rob1313 Still learning

Oddometer:
    Yup, I've been using them for the bulk of my motorcycle requirements for just over a year now. Prices are good, service is good. Flat rate returns take the pain out of returns too. Much appreciated
    filterx likes this.
  18. ommoran

ommoran Experienced Newbie

Oddometer:
    Love your videos, Ryan. It must have been fun beating up on that helmet this week...
  19. Dru

Dru Hardly an Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Really dig Fortnine. Product availability, competitive pricing, fast shipping. What more could you ask for?
  20. tattewell

tattewell Mad Poser

Oddometer:
    Boots in my size?