Fortnine

Discussion in 'Canada' started by Jbone11 11, Apr 7, 2016.

1. Night_Wolf

Night_Wolf Leg Humper

Oddometer:
    Yesterday I received a mailing label to return the Kappa KRG 52 top case & shipped it off today. Now I have to reorder the case & hope the next version is "ok"
  2. shuswap1

shuswap1 Long timer

Oddometer:
    I've never called F9 customer service so no opinion, but I have had HORRIBLE customer service with RMATV and I won't buy from them again. I've probably spent at least 10k there in the last 10 years....but I'm sure they won't miss me. My biggest issue with them was trying to get a correction when they sent me an incorrect gasket, the part numbers are off by one digit and they insist that the part fits a DRZ, when it is actually the correct Part number for a Hayabusa. I sent photos of the engine, the gasket in its OEM wrapper, the part number stickers, etc etc., explained in detail and they just keep arguing that it is the correct #. After 15+/- emails I gave up, but took the lesson.
    cmattina, Propfrwrd and Night_Wolf like this.
  3. Adanac rider

Adanac rider O.S.T.R. 62 Supporter

Oddometer:
    As much as I like to deal with my local dealer who are Awesome , Fortnine and Ryan are a service with their reviews . I had to return some Dr 350 petcock parts and theirs no problem when I sent a pic and explanation .:thumbup
    Ronzo69 likes this.
  4. 250senuf

250senuf Long timer

Oddometer:
    They have to draw the line somewhere. $49 is it.
  5. Propfrwrd

Propfrwrd Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I suppose everyone does, including me. Spent my money elsewhere today and will continue to avoid Fortnine whenever possible.
  6. WOLF1090R

WOLF1090R Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Even the Fortnine parts people I've spoken to were good. The guy was really good and was actually conversant in tire. I've always had great service though never had to send anything back.
  7. Oilhed

Oilhed MarkF Supporter

Oddometer:
    I believe TT has an even higher threshold for free shipping. Did you ask if the had anything for $1? Buy it and throw it away.
  8. Propfrwrd

Oddometer:
    I did, but just got a there might be but you'll have to find it yourself. In my experience, TT and Revzilla are always head and shoulders above. TT didn't have what I needed in stock, so I went with Revzilla. Paid $3 less and it came in three days from Las Vegas. The quickest I've had anything from F9 is 9 business days.
  9. yamalama

yamalama wet coaster

Oddometer:
    3 days from the USA?
    i've never had that happen .......... always takes 10-14 days.
    Night_Wolf likes this.
  10. Propfrwrd

Oddometer:
    I know!!
  11. GreatWhiteNorth

GreatWhiteNorth Long timer

Oddometer:
    Winterpeg - site of flatness beyond belief
    Would just like to share this...

I had a great customer service experience today... I received an HJC helmet from FortNine this morning - it was too tight! Dunno why, as I have a large HJC dirt bike helmet that fits good, but this "large" wasn't (a good fit). I phoned 'em up, explained the issue - no problem, did a return free shipping. The guy emailed me a .pdf shipping label I printed off, covering return mail costs. So that was free shipping, AND free return shipping for exchange (ordered next size up).

The guy said that's their policy. I'll get full refund on the return when they receive it. Excellent customer service, and great no hassle return policy for helmets.
  12. Night_Wolf

Night_Wolf Leg Humper

Oddometer:
    I will note that the processing of the refund right now takes a cpl weeks, but you will get it. I returned my Kappa KRG 52 (manufacturing defects) & my refund was processed today. I will be reordering the Kappa KRG case
    GreatWhiteNorth likes this.
  13. GreatWhiteNorth

GreatWhiteNorth Long timer

Oddometer:
    Winterpeg - site of flatness beyond belief
    Not in this case - just received an email "to confirm that we have processed a refund for your order" crediting my credit card account. I mailed that helmet Monday afternoon, pretty quick I say, and I should have the exchange helmet Monday.
    Night_Wolf likes this.
  14. Night_Wolf

Night_Wolf Leg Humper

Oddometer:
    I was wondering where my refund was, so I e-mailed & was told they were "backed up" & it might take a cpl weeks to see the refund. Wasn't a big deal & it did show up, so all good. Ordered a replacement case, so I'm happy
    GreatWhiteNorth likes this.
  15. Cal

Cal Long timer

Oddometer:
    SW Motech order from Fortnine via post office left Montreal Jan 7th at 2pm eastern time and arrived at my house Calgary Jan, 11 10am. Now thats quick
    Night_Wolf, BackRoader and The Maz like this.
  16. CordR

CordR Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    Not a lot to contribute here, other than that I've had several orders from F9, shipped to Vancouver. Some where I wasn't concerned about timelines and others where I was. Had one phone call with them to discuss the minutiae of the tires I was considering....fully competent response, shipping was always reasonable. No complaints. I try to shop local when possible, but if not, F9 has been a good Cdn resource for me.
    gpfan, B10Dave, Night_Wolf and 2 others like this.
  17. tennyis

tennyis Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I've probably ordered from them 100 times over the years. Couple minor issues in those but nothing that I really remember the details on. I do find the pricing is getting higher and higher. My last few orders have been from Rocky Mountain ATV, better selection and pricing. Nothing against fortnine though and I always check them first. RMATV order placed last Friday and I got it Monday, shipped via fedex from Kentucky I believe to Southern Ontario. I was shocked it showed up so quick as previous orders from them took a couple weeks. Figure the one that comes that quick is in winter when i'm in no rush lol.
    Cal likes this.
  18. toddiscdn

toddiscdn Take off, EH!

Oddometer:
    Since I live near a small border town, for many years almost everything bike related came from Motorcycle Superstore and a couple others, no shops close locally and the availability and price was amazing at the time. I discovered Canada Motorcycle(FortNine) and it pretty much been my go to for quite a few years, was really nice when they had Suzuki OEM parts for a while. Borders closed now and my general thoughts on supporting US companies is pretty low right now anyway, but after tennyis mentioned RMC I thought Id give them another look.

Ive been shopping for some things for winter project so I had some things to compare
    -Race tech fork springs & 2lt of fork oil- Basically a wash after exchange, maybe a bit cheaper here, but its mute as they wont ship the oil to Canada
    -Random helmet -AFX 41, like above, possibly a bit cheaper in the States, but close. Its good that RMC gives you shipping and pre paid duties, but most of the time this is pretty close to the tax we pay here, so again kind of a wash.

RMC also sells OEM parts, so heres a comparo. to Snow City Cycle some where in TO
    - Exhaust valves X2, Oil seal X2, cylinder gaskets top&bottom, Rings set
    - Snow City = $263.44 CDN and about another $34 tax, free shipping
    -RMC = $203 US, at best exchange around $259 , your CC exch. will likely be a bit more than that. From what I saw in earlier comparo,s the Shipping/Duties would be as much or likely more that our taxes, but once I got to the cart, they dont ship OEM to Canada anyway, so no shipping was offered.

Anyway, just a quick look since I was shopping for some stuff anyway, prices are close, certainly much closer than the used to be not that many years ago! and availability is getting better, but the market is so big to the south of us it will alway be a bit better down there. But I,ll keep my money here for now, although sometimes Europe is worth a look too.

Cheers, Todd
    Night_Wolf and Cal like this.
  19. rob1313

rob1313 Still learning

Oddometer:
    Just before Christmas I ordered the motion pro wheel bearing removal tool from F9. It took a bit to ship but with the holidays I can understand. It showed up here in decent time once it had shipped but it had obviously been used and repackaged. I took a few pictures and sent them to F9. I then followed it up with a phone call. A little back and forth and we worked out a reasonable discount (store credit) to make up for the issue. I found them fair to deal with, and professional. Prices are good and so far when something goes wrong they put in the effort to make it right.
    Night_Wolf, Taylorericjohn and Cal like this.
  20. shuswap1

shuswap1 Long timer

Oddometer:
    I used to buy from RMATV almost exclusively but they have screwed around with me over an incorrect part number/gasket, entirely their error and they have BS'd me with repetitive emails. Ok.... telling me that a case gasket for a Hayabusa will in fact fit my DRZ400, despite photos of everything, detailed explanation, etc? They simply made the choice to frustrate the situation to the point that never again!. That pissed me off thoroughly after the effort I made to bring them up to speed. Different person responding to each email, etc.

But, shopping around for stuff last fall the prices for a top case, mounts, stem bearings, etc. and other stuff from Fortnine was substantially cheaper than I could find it ANYWHERE else and believe me, I looked everywhere! Obviously they got the business but you do have to be careful and do a little comparison shopping, as that is not always the case.
    Cal likes this.