1. ADVRIDER Print Magazine!
    We're doing two more print magazines year. July & November. 144 pages of high quality adventure riding stories, photography and interviews!

Click here to purchase both for $35.
    Dismiss Notice

Fortnine

Discussion in 'Canada' started by Jbone11 11, Apr 7, 2016.

1. Droptarotter

Droptarotter Long timer

Oddometer:
    Rocky Mountain did not want to sell OEM KTM parts to a Canadian........so you might want to check before you take the time to fill your cart.

Cheers
    shuswap1 likes this.
  2. Night_Wolf

Night_Wolf Leg Humper

Oddometer:
    GIVI/Kappa PLX cases, racks & top rack for my 500X was pretty close to what I could order from Italy, but when I added a cpl more items to the order the savings really started to add up. My Sidi Adventure Gore Tex came from Europe for a savings of $300 (at that point in time) Would save about $50 now if that was the only thing I was ordering, add a few items to the order however & the savings start to add up. Then again returns with Ft Nine are very easy, if you have any issues
  3. Frank06

Frank06 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I ordered a tire on Monday and received it here in rural NS on Wednesday. I was surprised and happy.
    ommoran, Night_Wolf and Cal like this.
  4. xscoobysnack

xscoobysnack Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I ordered 2 tires on the 27th, one from Fortnine and the other from Revco, both in stock. Got the Revco order today, we'll see when the Fortnine order arrives.
    Night_Wolf likes this.
  5. ommoran

ommoran Experienced Newbie

Oddometer:
    Order placed Saturday, January 30th (heated gloves for Mrs.), Canada Post delivery estimated February 9th.

They process things quickly, and tell you how long it will take to get the order out as you are selecting items for your cart. I think they're a great company.
    motogoat likes this.
  6. Lycan1

Lycan1 Grizzly herder

Oddometer:
    Whatcha get???
  7. xscoobysnack

Oddometer:
    E07+ for the rear and Shinko 804 for the front. I liked the AX41 but they didn't last long and I rode a lot of gravel.
    Lycan1 likes this.
  8. jowul

jowul Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    You will like Merino. I use merino as my base layer when road cycling. It keeps you warm even when wet. My wife is allergic to wool but not merino
  9. Candubrain

Candubrain Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Placed an order yesterday, mainly to take advantage of a discount coupon I had with them, paid for express shipping as I need this item asap. As of today no delivery notice. At this point wish I ordered from GPBikes as if they have it in stock its shipped immediately.
  10. jowul

jowul Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I have 5 merino t-shirts 150 wt from Icebreaker and each has numerous moth holes. I suspect that the wool is not properly treated after harvesting. A full zip merino sweater 260 wt had the seams fall apart at the cuffs 3 months after purchase. None of this happens with the items I have from Louis Gatineau and Pearl Izumi
  11. Candubrain

Oddometer:

I'm surprised by that, I have numerous IceBreaker items that I've had for years without issue. Although I'm slowly replacing all by another brand that offers tall sizing.
    jowul likes this.
  12. Candubrain

Oddometer:
    Well eating crow now, just got an email stating it has been shipped. That's one day, which in my opinion if acceptable and much improved since my first post on this thread
    ommoran likes this.
  13. jowul

jowul Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I am surprised too, particularly when you pay $100 for a t-shirt. I talked to them at the Icebreaker store and their response is that moths like the “quality” product
  14. Candubrain

Oddometer:
    I called them up after loosing 50,000 loyalty points just because I updated my email address. They said that doesn't happen. I never got my points back and I've never ordered from them again. They went downhill after being bought out by an American.
  15. xscoobysnack

Oddometer:
    Front tire from Fortnine arrived today, a week slower than Revco. To be fair, I'm not sure where each company sends their stuff from but Revco has impressed me the last few times I ordered from them.
  16. Ymirtrials

Ymirtrials Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    I finally this year ordered from Taiga and so far the quality is easily as good or better than the base layer wool garments I’ve worn through from MEC, Icebreaker and LL Bean. Made in Canada...
    Candubrain likes this.
  17. Candubrain

Oddometer:
    I've ordered from them as well, but for anything other than socks its a no go as they don't make tall sizing. I've been paying stupid expensive prices from Minus33 just to get tall sizing
    Bill 310 likes this.
  18. Ymirtrials

Ymirtrials Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Ah, tall isn’t something I’ve ever had to worry about! I’m on the other end of the spectrum (sort of), the most common sizes fit me usually and so far on line ordering hasn’t been a problem....but I need a step to reach the top shelf so take your victories where you can!
  19. Bill 310

Bill 310 Poser Emeritus Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    I had given up on Merino Wool because I couldn't find talls. Do their shirts fit small or large?
  20. Candubrain

Oddometer:

I wear their L tall in a top and a XL tall in their bottoms. The legs and arms are almost too long for me. I’m more of a thin build with a belly and their fit is true to size. Also noticed their wool feels softer than Icebreaker. Perhaps a finer quality hence the more money
    Bill 310 likes this.