Fortnine

Discussion in 'Canada' started by Jbone11 11, Apr 7, 2016.

1. hwunger

hwunger Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I ordered a small items and shipped arrived without incident, may do it again.
  2. SonnyJim

SonnyJim Long timer

Oddometer:
    Does revco have cheap returns like fortnine?
  3. Taylorericjohn

Taylorericjohn Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Has anyone ever bought from MX1Canada? Their prices are pretty good on seat concepts products.
  4. devildogg

devildogg Long timer

Oddometer:
    I have, don't remember what, tires probably no issues that I remember
    Taylorericjohn likes this.
  5. Cal

Cal Long timer

Oddometer:
    Many times, Lots of Mitas tires, no problems but their Mitas stock of tires has sucked in the last 6 months.
    Lycan1 and Taylorericjohn like this.
  6. rob1313

rob1313 Still learning

Oddometer:
    Often I’ll buy tires from Mx1, check pricing against F9. I’ve never had an issue with either.
  7. Lycan1

Lycan1 Grizzly herder

Oddometer:
    I have many times. Fast shipping and no issues. Tires to my door in two days.
    Cal and Taylorericjohn like this.
  8. Taylorericjohn

Taylorericjohn Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I priced out a seat concepts foam and cover. They were around $100 less than what the local guy quoted me. I like supporting local shops whenever possible and I am even willing to spend a little extra to buy from a local shop but not that much extra! I will probably talk to the local guy and see if he can get close to the price on it before I order.
    Night_Wolf likes this.
  9. Chuck Roll

Chuck Roll Allergic to Organic

Oddometer:
    I have been enjoying their YouTube Channel , high quality and entertaining .
  10. MGV8

MGV8 Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    The latest on "Break in Oil" is entertaining.
  11. ryamatt

ryamatt Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I just got my seat concepts KLR foam/cover kit from them. It took a while because of covid delays but that was on the seat concepts end and totally understandable. The communication with MX1 was excellent and the price was better than anywhere else in Canada. I would buy from MX1 again.
  12. shuswap1

shuswap1 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Only mildly informative, however, due to the choice of Chinese manufacturer. Wish Ryan had tested Loncin and a few other more prominent manufacturers, those assembling the latest BMW engines.
    MGV8 likes this.
  13. MGV8

MGV8 Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    True, but he did have to rely on friends who had bikes. If you can believe the internets
    shuswap1 likes this.
  14. Drif10

Drif10 Accredited Jackass

Oddometer:
    I needed a shield for my Shoei. My local dealer cost 2 bucks more than f9. I like to support my local gunslinger.

I like that we have a resource like F9, they have what my dealer can't get some times.

Now, when the border opens back up, that stateside drop point is gonna get a work out. Motoz all you want, half the fucking price, free shipping to there. Kimpex can suck it.

:D
  15. Night_Wolf

Night_Wolf Leg Humper

Oddometer:
    for a $2.00 difference, if he has it in stock, I have no issue supporting local, but when they don't have it & it's dbl the cost on a freakin wear item (Honda gaskets), next time, I'll order online
  16. Drif10

Drif10 Accredited Jackass

Oddometer:
    Honda in general has sucked for a few years now. The quality isn't there, and the after sales service has been piss poor if it's anything dealing with Honda Canada. I gave up after 3 years with my Africa Twin. That was my last Honda, I bet.
    Night_Wolf likes this.
  17. Bill 310

Bill 310 Poser Emeritus Supporter

Oddometer:
    Yeah I gave up on Honda when I needed a bunch of parts due to hitting a rock that was rolling off a hillside on Highway 3 in the fog. and landed just in front of me so I had just time to hit it

It was a Wing built in Ohio and the plant was still operating them . Honda Canada had to order the parts from Japan. Which went from Ohio to Japan and then back to Canada. The parts person seemed to think that a 6-12 week delivery time was acceptable.

I wondered if I could get the parts from a Honda Dealer in the US faster. I had the list of part numbers and called a nice Honda shop in downtown Seattle. Gave the parts guy the order and got a price. It was about 20% less after exchange than the price in Canada . I called the insurance company and sent them the PO . They said they would reimburse me and so I ordered the parts. I drove down to Seattle that weekend picked up the parts and dropped them off at the dealership. The Parts guy wanted me to sign a waiver to release them from any liability regarding the parts not being Honda Canada ordered parts .

When my bike was done he told me I had an invoice owing for labour. I told him to send it to the insurance company and here was the my claims managers name

He then had the nerve to try and put a both rush order and special handling fees on to the bill he sent to the insurance company. The claims adjuster called me and he was laughing so hard at the parts guys gall that I thought he was crying.
    Northern_Rider777 and Night_Wolf like this.
  18. shuswap1

shuswap1 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Sounds like fraud. Thanks for reminding me why I continue to avoid dealers.
  19. Tytan

Tytan Long timer

Oddometer:

I have not experienced anything like this from Honda my dealer has most consumable stuff in stock or can get it within about a week Yamaha parts seem to be really hit and miss 5 to 6 weeks from Japan for basic parts I can order online from the UK and have the same parts in about a week the downside is the shipping and import expenses depending on value. Triumph always surprises me if the dealer doesn't stock the parts they are usually a week from a main warehouse in the US or two weeks at the most from the UK and the parts availability for the older models, back to mid 90's, is still good.
    ommoran likes this.
  20. Night_Wolf

Night_Wolf Leg Humper

Oddometer:
    I can understand a dealer not having stock near the end of the season :lobby but there in NO EXCUSE for them not having basic maintenance items in stock at the beginning of the season :baldy To add insult to injury, when the moran behind the parts counter, tries to argue with me, that a gasket is NOT a wear item I want to scream :becca If I have to remove the side cover to clean the "spinner" when I change the oil, that gasket can tear (typically does) & thus it's a "wear item" :dirtdog

Then when he tells me it's next day delivery I just :photog Let's see; it's Saturday, you are closed Sunday & Monday, so next day delivery is now Tuesday :becca Never mind the fact that it's a minimum of a hour & a half round trip, that I have to make twice, because you stock SFA & then charge me DOUBLE what I can purchase it for from the US :doh

Yes I have to wait a bit longer, but the stealer sold the bare minimum, that I needed that day, & I went home & ordered from a supplier in the US, for 1/2 the cost & now have my "spares" :deal