Fortnine

Discussion in 'Canada' started by Jbone11 11, Apr 7, 2016.

1. H96669

H96669 A proud pragmatist.

Oddometer:
    Effing pain in the ass the Honda (and others) gaskets that will probably break or stick in a way they can't be reused next time around.

So one should probably use Hylomar Blue on the gaskets as a dressing upon installation.Good old product, non drying so gaskets should peel off easy and could be reused.And/or even a small break in a gasket can be fixed with Hylomar.

Can be hard to find off the shelves in Canada so best price for the larger tubes was Ebay from the UK.

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/Hylomar-BLU...le-Non-Setting-Sealant-Compound-/382868094568
    Night_Wolf likes this.
  2. Tytan

Tytan Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    "We can order it for you" True but I can go home and do the same thing from multiple online retailers, have it shipped to my door and I don't have to come back here next week.

This one left me scratching my head. Triumph accessories have anodized valve cover caps with the Triumph logo on them, useless bling but I wanted a set, dealer parts guy tells me the black is sold out, the Triumph website shows them available so I order a set shipping to my house was almost the same as the item price shipping to local dealer was free so that's what I did. I thought they would be sent with the dealers next stock order but no they were sent UPS from the main US warehouse to the dealer in an individual package all for an item that cost me about $20 cdn :hmmmmm
    Night_Wolf likes this.
  3. Tytan

Tytan Been here awhile

Oddometer:

I found some at the local Acklands Grainger branch.
    Night_Wolf likes this.
  4. H96669

Oddometer:
    I just bought the ebay 100gr.Not that I need any just yet but my older open tube might go off and dry out.So I'd rather have some fresh unopened backup for next time?

My local auto parts guy already asked his suppliers if they had some in their warehouses.....Nope!
    Night_Wolf likes this.
  5. Ymirtrials

Ymirtrials Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    That’s good info. When I change the oil in my trials bike (Honda) the stator cover has to come off to change the filter and more times than not the gasket will stick to the cover and rip where the wire harness passes through. I’ve tried a few things to keep the gasket from sticking without any luck. Might order up some of this blue stuff.
    Night_Wolf likes this.
  6. borscht zanetti

borscht zanetti Pura Vida ! ... eh?

Oddometer:
    FortNine tire ordered on 18th ... delivered here today. Not bad. I’ve had them from F9 in as little as four days.
    ommoran and Night_Wolf like this.
  7. H96669

Oddometer:
    That's what it is for! Formerly called Hylomar Racing Blue.Racers having to often remove parts and not wanting to install new gaskets everytime?

Great thread sealer, LP gas proof and gasoline proof.

And great Oring dressing! Had to do that on my buddy's old mostly unwashed GS when corrosion got at a mating surface normally sealed with a green Oring.I knocked all the powdery white crap off witth the Dremel, used Hylomar on the old Oring, put the cover back on and done with that leak.
    borscht zanetti and Night_Wolf like this.
  8. Bill 310

Bill 310 Poser Emeritus Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    Online Tire Sales

Years ago we had to order from the US and then bring them across the border. No duty on MC tires and it was a good deal.

I remember getting a strong warning from the parts guy at John Valk BMW ( long closed) that the online tires we really old and not safe to ride on. I said innocently how can I tell if the tire is old. The service manager went an got me the set of tires from the back that they wanted to put on my bike. He read me the date code and they were 3 years old. I went and got the tires I had just bought online from my car (at half the cost) and they were 10 months old. And that boys and girls was the day I started to change my own tires.

When I buy tires while travelling I ask to see the tires I am getting and write the date codes on the invoice. Once I bought nice black fresh tires and the bike came out of the shop with UV greyed new but 5 year old tires . They were changed out for me but what a waste of time.
    Night_Wolf and Cal like this.
  9. cmattina

cmattina Long timer

Oddometer:
    Watch out for revco. They are drop shipping from US and delivery times are terrible. Looks like I'm potentially waiting 4 weeks for a tire that was listed as "in stock" on their site.

Glad I'm not really in a rush.
    gpfan likes this.
  10. Candubrain

Candubrain Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Good to know about Revco. I saw their tire prices are better. I will plan ahead
    Thanks
  11. cmattina

cmattina Long timer

Oddometer:
    Yeah, if you're not in a rush, go for it. Cheapest tires in Canada.

Royal distributing can also have good prices. Not as good a selection tho
    gpfan and Candubrain like this.
  12. Night_Wolf

Night_Wolf Leg Humper

Oddometer:
    Placed an order for a Kappa KRG 52 on April 23rd, confirmation on the 26th that the order was being processed, Notice that it was shipped on the 27th with an expected delivery of May 5th. Case arrived today May 3rd
    Candubrain and BackRoader like this.
  13. MGV8

MGV8 Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Just a slight delay, Placed a tire order, Listed as in stock, on the 19th of April. Received confirmation a day later. Then and email that they were backed up. Ontario?? Covid ?? Got notification that they were in delivery, Canada Post on the 29th. The tracking says May 10th for delivery. Hmmmm We ordered a GM exhaust manifold from Rock Auto as they were the cheapest by a long shot and 4 days landed at the shop. How do they do that from some warehouse in the eastern states??? I know Don't ask !!!
  14. Cal

Cal Long timer

Oddometer:
    Love Rock Auto free delivery to my sons in California in 1 day! I order stuff and then bring it home when visiting him( which has been not at all in a year)
    MGV8 and Night_Wolf like this.
  15. shuswap1

shuswap1 Long timer

Oddometer:
    If Rock Auto ever get the cost of shipping more consistent they would sell me more. Last time parts were dumped in the cart.... freight was a fright! Even though their prices were less than half, after freight it was too close to wait 5 days. They are also great with harder to find parts and selection of manufacturers is very good.
  16. Night_Wolf

Night_Wolf Leg Humper

Oddometer:
    For Revco?
  17. shuswap1

shuswap1 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Sorry, no, Rock Auto, edited above
    Night_Wolf likes this.
  18. Schmittenhymer

Schmittenhymer Northern Gravelholic

Oddometer:
    Just bought a set of tires from Royal Distributing. Good price and quick shipping.
    Night_Wolf likes this.
  19. MGV8

MGV8 Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Yes you definitely have to shop. but sometimes it is hundreds of dollars different so makes it worth it. Or they just have that odd ball part that has gone obsolete every where else. Seeing that a lot in the Car business.
    shuswap1 likes this.
  20. Smashy

Smashy Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Doesn't Fortnine do the same? I doubt they have a huge warehouse with thousands of tires. Or do they?

Anyways, I ordered a set of tires from F9 just over a week ago and they arrived yesterday so I'm happy.
    Night_Wolf likes this.