1. ADVRIDER Print Magazine!
    We're doing two more print magazines year. July & November. 144 pages of high quality adventure riding stories, photography and interviews!

Click here to purchase both for $35.
    Dismiss Notice

Fortnine

Discussion in 'Canada' started by Jbone11 11, Apr 7, 2016.

1. cmattina

cmattina Long timer

Oddometer:
    I have been told that by my a local brick and mortar guy (who hates fortnine, for obvious reasons)... However, I think they actually do have a big warehouse of tires. The same can be said about many of their parts. For that matter, I have only had items shipped by Fortnine from Montreal or Calgary. They have/had a Calgary hub for the busy season. I presume some form of drop shipping is happening for items that a have a multi-day lead time... but how does the item originate in montreal and have a fortnine box???

The difference is Revco orders can original anywhere in NA, whereas Fortnine orders always originate in Canada and 90% of the time Montreal. So if they do drop ship... I don't know how their system works.
    Night_Wolf likes this.
  2. Vikingtazz

Vikingtazz Will ride for food.

Oddometer:
    It's a hybrid system.
    They have some parts in their own warehouse, but most are from supplier warehouses.
    You order your goods, they gather your order from internal and external warehouses, when your order is fully gathered, they assemble and ship.
    If your order is for item(s) from one external source, they can ship direct from that source to you.
  3. Night_Wolf

Night_Wolf Leg Humper

Oddometer:
    My Kappa KRG 52 was shipped from Quebec Guess they are not stocking cases at the Calgary warehouse :dunno
  4. jeckyll

jeckyll Kneedragger

Oddometer:
    Late to this post, but I've bought from them. They're local so I've actually stopped by. Very helpful and interested in feedback (bought one of the 'new' E07+ tires when they came out from them).
    Taylorericjohn, Cal and Night_Wolf like this.
  5. motogoat

motogoat Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    FortNine for the win. Ordered after 4pm on the Friday of the long weekend, regular (free) shipping and the box arrived this afternoon! That’s way faster than even Amazon these days... I couldn’t be happier.
    Night_Wolf likes this.
  6. SaugeenADV

SaugeenADV Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I have ordered a lot of stuff from Fortnine and never had an issue.... however... I ordered some Klim riding jeans on May 18th - shown in stock on the website and they are now (May 28th) showing "shipping soon" on their website. WTF???
    Northern_Rider777 likes this.
  7. Candubrain

Candubrain Been here awhile

Oddometer:

Must be something us Bruce County guys have to deal with.....lol
  8. sprinter27

sprinter27 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Fwiw I ordered online through Fort nine and immediately after had 3 fraud charges against my visa . Considering that’s the only card use I made over the last few weeks I thought I better tell them . Apparently their site is secure was their response
  9. D&g roads

D&g roads Back on 2 wheels...

Oddometer:
    I tried to make an online purchase last week and at checkout received a fraud notice (visa). I immediately checked with visa and there was no problem with my account... So, called f9 customer service and was informed that they're having issues with some visa transactions - apparently there's some sort of glitch that they hadn't sorted out yet. I used a different card and...no problems.

Edit for clarity: The fraud notice was generated on the fortnine checkout page - did not come (to me) from visa.
    Night_Wolf likes this.
  10. Night_Wolf

Night_Wolf Leg Humper

Oddometer:

I use PayPal & never have an issue
    250senuf likes this.
  11. sprinter27

sprinter27 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    After seeing multiple friends screwed by the false sense of security PayPal gives (granted years ago) I refuse to add to the billons they are worth . Visa has treated me well , just giving readers here the heads up of possible hacking at forts site
    hawkbox and Night_Wolf like this.
  12. chevmekanik

chevmekanik Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    Ordered parts that showed in stock May 29th. Now showing possible delivery by June 15th.
  13. Candubrain

Candubrain Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    finding them really hit and miss, wish they would tell you up front before hitting the add to cart button estimated shipping dates
    Propfrwrd, Night_Wolf and chevmekanik like this.
  14. hawkbox

hawkbox 800 (Ironhide!) Supporter

Oddometer:
    They still don't have my motorbike compatibility listed so I've really dropped buying parts off them. Not sure what is going on there but it's not impressive.
  15. devildogg

devildogg Long timer

Oddometer:
    I use Fortnine often but I ordered a seat Concepts seat and a clean speed rear brake foot pad from RMATV on May 27th arrived today June 14 th with exchange still cheaper than anyone in Canada also and 8 to 10 week wait for the seat if I bought it here. No brokerage fees I pocked Standard International shipping.
    Night_Wolf likes this.