Fortnine

Discussion in 'Canada' started by Jbone11 11, Apr 7, 2016.

1. Smashy

Smashy Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Are those distributors willing to let you order from them directly for a lower price than what Fortnine is asking? My guess is no.
    MacNoob and gpfan like this.
  2. GP1200

GP1200 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    You guessed correct. But you understood my point , right ? Not only do they not have a brick and mortar store, they are shipping from another distributor , not even their own warehouse. Every KLIM order has taken two weeks + . That's unacceptable.
    Adanac rider likes this.
  3. Ronzo69

Ronzo69 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I ordered Klim Vanguards from F9 and they were here in less than 5 working days.
    GP bikes did not have my size in stock and I was told if I ordered them they will take up to a month to arrive. :hmmmmm
    gpfan likes this.
  4. shuswap1

shuswap1 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Talk to Klim in Richmond, BC. I've been pretty happy with F9, not sure what REvzilla does better, never dealt with them.
    gpfan likes this.
  5. drrod1

drrod1 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Got tires from Fortnine recently. Shipped from Montreal. 6 days from order to delivered to my door.
    Hard to fault that service.
    gpfan and Ronzo69 like this.
  6. CDN Rick

CDN Rick Canoodia Eh?

Oddometer:
    Actually yes they do. And even better, they allow YOU to select the dealer you want the profit of the sale to be shared with!
    So you can buy product, shipped to your house, at the same price as fortnine (who doesn't care about riders in Canada at all), and the profits can be kept in your locality, or sent to any dealer anywhere in the nation who you'd like to send a few dollars to for sponsoring events you ride or trails you enjoy as a thank you for their work, even when they're too far away to visit!

Kimpex Canada (the largest distributer in Canada by the way) offers this service at https://www.kimpex.com/en-ca/home
    Motovan Canada also offers it at https://motovan.com/
    Ronzo69 and Cal like this.
  7. Drif10

Drif10 Accredited Jackass

Oddometer:
    F9 just got an equity firm to buy in, apparently to fund an expansion, it was just announced. No details given, just a press release.
    Night_Wolf and EmmEff like this.
  8. caje47

caje47 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    My latest order was placed on Friday afternoon, arrived today (Monday). Never had an order take longer than a week. It helps being just outside of Montreal.
  9. Some_Dude

Some_Dude Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I ordered a helmet last Sunday. Shipped Monday, arrived Friday.

5 days to Edmonton, which is faster than pre-covid.
    Night_Wolf likes this.
  10. Ronzo69

Ronzo69 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Ordered Antigravity XP1 Sunday at 10:30pm.
    They price matched and threw in an coupon for extra $15 off.
    Arrived today!!!!!!
    Less than 36 hours to get to me.
    If you have a problem with that type of service....you have issues.
    EmmEff and shuswap1 like this.
  11. yamalama

yamalama wet coaster

Oddometer:
    we fortunate, having Fortnine in Canada.
    my local dealer bends me over at every opportunity. takes no prisoners.
    i only buy factory parts from them - even then, it's sometimes less expensive to order from Europe.
    in the "olden days" a 10% discount was the norm, at dealerships. i've given up on even asking, these days.
    Night_Wolf likes this.
  12. Adanac rider

Adanac rider O.S.T.R. 62 Supporter

Oddometer:
    My dealer in Courtenay is competitive with F-9 , I don't have to haggle , If they can't beat or match they usually give a recommendation . I buy most of my stuff there and if I don't want to fight with a stiff sidewall tire , they do it for $ 20 - $ 30 . :thumbup:thumbup:thumbup Edit ; F-9 is usually quick and they have stock , Ryan does good reviews so I don't mind giving them my online business .:thumbup:thumbup
    996DL likes this.
  13. frazman

frazman Post***ern Redneck.

Oddometer:
    Ordered and received a bunch of stuff from Fortnine over the last couple of months. Stuff the local dealers didn't stock, couldn't order or couldn't be bothered to help me with. Klim, Alpinestars, Rekluse, TKCs. Lead time not an issue. In one case, the stuff arrived less than 48 hours after ordering. Good communication/customer service unlike some of the local shops. Has saved me many trips to the suburbs for gear/parts. What's not to like?
    Night_Wolf and Candubrain like this.
  14. Candubrain

Candubrain Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I have to admit, my last order was much quicker....I'm glad they have.
    pvwheeler likes this.
  15. MGV8

MGV8 Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Haven't had to order much Fort Nine this year. I bought too much last year and still playing catch up. But on a work front where we order car parts from all over on a daily basis. Even our local supplier is starting to feel the effects of the Covid Slow down. Just Random stuff. Waited two months for a quality steering rack to arrive. Two remans leaked but that is a different story. Ordered bits for a TR6 Trans and Moss can't deliver. No time line on the Back order and they are struggling to keep warehouses open. Got them from England in 6 days. Hmmmm. So just a warning that maybe this random shipping delay is going to be with us for a while and Fort 9 is going to have no control of what is available today and not tomorrow. Not defending just speaking from what I am experiencing.
    Night_Wolf likes this.
  16. B-Nads

B-Nads Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I live a half hour north of Laval, so my orders from F9 have always been ridiculously fast on anything that's marked "in stock". I've also yet to find any Canadian-based gear outlet that has the volume of discounted or new gear. That said, one of the local dealerships with a very impressive stock of gear on hand has shown a willingness to compete with F9 prices when I go in - good for me on both fronts, and if F9 weren't there, those prices would remain inflated. I shop with both.
    Night_Wolf likes this.
  17. smoky

smoky Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I like FortNine and use them a lot.

I ordered a new Cardio last Friday, shipped same day from Montreal, received here in BC today, the following Wednesday, by Canada Post.
    Night_Wolf, Ronzo69 and MGV8 like this.
  18. MGV8

MGV8 Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Which one did you get, Am I going to have to step up now??
  19. smoky

smoky Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I got the Cardo PACKTALK Bold, it works with Sena, so didn’t have to replace the wife’s. Will Bluetooth with other brands , but has Mesh communication.
    MGV8 likes this.
  20. Drif10

Drif10 Accredited Jackass

Oddometer:
    Parts shortages are starting to become more common now.

I have two helmets, one Shoei, one Schuberth. Run both with Pinlocks. Been trying to buy replacement visors, without a lot of luck.

Got a Schuberth visor, no Pinlocks for it until maybe next year. Shoei visor, no stock anywhere, no eta for when they'll have them.

Not so much a f9 problem, as a global supply problem. I think that all those factories that switched to making ppe included ones who made bike stuff.

So you might want to give that old visor of yours some love, it could be a while before you can replace it.
    EmmEff, shuswap1, MGV8 and 1 other person like this.