Forum Appearance and Usability Tweaks

Discussion in 'Ask Baldy, Blame Cannonshot' started by James Adams, Jul 14, 2015.

1. Rudy

Rudy Learnin' Administrator Supporter

Oddometer:
    oof, okay on it. This is logged in?
  2. Z50R

Z50R Not lost yet

Oddometer:
    Yes

It happened once last night around 10 and again this morning at 4:30 this morning (damn, I have a problem).
  3. Rudy

Rudy Learnin' Administrator Supporter

Oddometer:
    thanks, I let Confiant know and they're on it, they block the known bad actors. It works pretty well but sometimes spammers will sneak through for a short period of time.

It's probably happening on a lot of sites if it's here but we'll get that crap blocked.
    SnowMule and MrKiwi like this.
  4. Riversong

Riversong Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    Please consider changing the Hacks thread to Hacks and Trikes . I realize the subheading indicates 2wheels + but I think with the popularity of trikes , reverse trikes ( Can Am Spyder ) it deserves equal billing . I love hacks btw and used to own a Ural gear -up. I now own a 2020 can am spyder limited. Thanks for your consideration.
  5. Hogges

Hogges Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I would like the ability to delete a reply not yet submitted. I have on two occasions started a reply, changed my mind, and then days later when replying to the same thread accidentally submitted two replies, including the unfinished and now outdated first one.
    Needs a cancel button next to the “Post Reply” button. Thanks
  6. Andrew

Andrew Optimus Primer Administrator Super Moderator

Oddometer:
    You can already do this. XenForo saves a draft of your post after a few seconds. Use the tool above the text to delete the draft.
    SnowMule likes this.
  7. Hogges

Hogges Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Based on your hint, I saw that the “save” button also allows deletion of the draft. Is this what you referring to? It seems to work although I had to leave the page and go back to it to verify it being gone. It didn’t work every time, or so it seemed, but might have been me doing it wrong. Thanks!
  8. MrKiwi

MrKiwi Increasingly Grumpy Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    The disk icon allows save draft or delete draft.
    Hogges likes this.
  9. Andrew

Andrew Optimus Primer Administrator Super Moderator

Oddometer:
    Floppy Disk, you mean. An ancient icon.
    Hogges likes this.
  10. MrKiwi

Oddometer:
    Yeah that too
  11. fullmetalscooter

fullmetalscooter Let me take this duck off

Oddometer:
    Just an idea that Mods need to stop lumping every post about electrical scooter into electric motorcycles . it shouldn't matter at all what the hell the engine is in a scooter . Post about scooter should not be moved out of BS. If it looks like a scooter , runs like a scooter then it's battlescooter and not electrical motorcycles . There a huge diff between a zero , BMW evolution , ola s1 that I just posted about. It's BS that this happening instead of the post staying in BS. So far lots of post about electrical scooter end up moved . Vespa converted to Electrical moved etc.. This is going to be a big issue with in 5 years seen scooter like motorcycle are going electrical. People looking for scooter info dont head over to electric motorcycle forum . They go to battlescooter .i. The rulers of ADV need to have talk about this please. Form a policy about where they go and not what just one or 2 mods think where it should be.
    Hogges likes this.
  12. Hogges

Hogges Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Personally, I can’t stand icons. Never know what they are trying to depict, give me plain text any day. And to hide a delete option behind a save icon is obviously a bad joke. I would still suggest a “cancel” or “delete draft” clear text option next to “post reply” or inside “options”. I can’t be the only person who has wanted to delete a post once started. Or make the draft go away when I backspace everything.
  13. Hogges

Hogges Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I have never even been to BS but this post raises a valid point for the entire forum. Automotive electrification is a thing, just look at IAA (car show) news these days. To loosely quote Captain Jack Sparrow: what the Black Pearl IS is more important than what it DOES.
  14. MrKiwi

Oddometer:
    Sure and until I found it I would have agreed with you.

Now that I know it is there it is very easy and convenient to use.
  15. bpw

bpw Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Is everyone else getting these big pop-up ads or just me? They are really, really annoying.
    261802EB-E356-4BEF-99C7-F293FBD816C1.png 509E7E54-1333-4F6A-9F83-650477C9EE47.png
    ClutchDumpinDan and yeroc40 like this.
  16. fullmetalscooter

fullmetalscooter Let me take this duck off

Oddometer:
    Well check out BS it far better then the BS your find in about your mama on adv . 99.5 % of people whom show up there arent acting like asshats .
  17. flux_capacitor

flux_capacitor I know a shortcut!

Oddometer:
    Yes and it’s terrible. Ads across the top of the page. Big pop ups that change size across the bottom. Random ads in the middle of a page. It’s ridiculous and as a longtime member of this forum I’m a little insulted about this push to get us to pay advrider off so we don’t see the ads anymore although I guess I’ll have to because the forum is close to unusable like this.
  18. ozmoses

ozmoses persona non grata

Oddometer:
    Yes. I find the mobile version of the site to be unusable due to ads; as a result, I generally don't.

Disclaimer: this is not a complaint, rather, a statement of personal preference.
  19. firstshadow

firstshadow Urban Warrior

Oddometer:
    I'm getting ads that take over the whole mobile window. Looks like they're from kargo. These ones will flash up multiple times on the same loaded page.

Screenshot_20210923-061913320.jpg
  20. ozmoses

ozmoses persona non grata

Oddometer:
    Obviously, you just need a bigger phone screen!