Fotografie Moto Guzzi Stelvio

Discussion in 'Moto Bellissima: All Other Dualsports' started by WitchCityBallabio, Jan 1, 2014.

1. Dracula

Dracula afficionado Supporter

Oddometer:
    :dirtdog:D.. please do, next time! You may even find out a new passion in photography.
  2. Dracula

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]
    I need to plan a bigger trip for more major change in scenery; autumn is hopefully going to be rich in colors.
  3. goodolguzzi

goodolguzzi Guzzen around the hood

Oddometer:
    Thank you...way over due joining the stelvio party!

IMG_20190907_165842.jpg

Another mini stelvio rally...at the Maine moto guzzi shindig this past weekend
  4. Dons1911

Dons1911 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Yesterday was an odd day for me, both sad and glad at the same time. A friend of mine passed last spring, damn you cancer! Anyway, he was an occasional rider and very proud of his 2010 Harley Dyna. We used to live 2 doors down the street from him and his wife, and I helped them out occasionally with snow removal and the like. We moved a few miles away last fall. Anyway, I've been checking in on his widow occasionally and starting and even riding his bike around for a bit. Their son has been planning on coming to get the bike, just hasn't made it happen yet. So he is coming to get the bike this weekend, and I was asked to check it out one more time. So yesterday I went over to the old 'hood and visited for a while and took the Dyna out for a last ride. Certainly not my style of bike, but this is one fine specimen of a Dyna. Never seen rain, pristine condition, only 10,600 miles. My friend loved to tool around with leather, and made the saddle bags and some other stuff for it. After about 30-something miles and fill up of fresh fuel, I took the bike back and bid my farewells. Godspeed Leon, I miss you buddy!

KIMG1072.JPG KIMG1073.JPG

End note, I prolly looked like a real tool riding that Dyna in my full ADV gear, boots and helmet!
    MFS, Lupin 3rd, chief 06 and 9 others like this.
  5. Dons1911

Oddometer:
    This threads been idling for 11 days, so here is a couple from yesterday's ride...
    KIMG1125.JPG KIMG1126.JPG KIMG1128.JPG KIMG1131.JPG KIMG1132.JPG
    I've ridden in Farragut State Park at least 50 times, and never knew this was there.
    chief 06, Dracula, twowings and 3 others like this.
  6. shuckinator

shuckinator Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Back to reality i.e. heat & humidty:becca. It was a really nice trip out west and I'm busy planning my next excursion. The last day in Colorado was really nice with a ride over Cottonwood Pass on fresh pavement.

P1070065.JPG

I loaded the bike back on the trailer in Colorado Springs and took two lane highways for the first two days with the last day on interstate highways as I wanted to pick up some cajun food at Joyce's Supermarket In St. Martinsville LA. The first night I stayed in Clinton OK where I took this photo early on the next morning.

rsP1070072.jpg

Between 8/22 and 9/11 I put 5,100 miles on the bike and 2,900 on the car. Other than interstate travel on the first and last day I traveled primarily on some very enjoyable two lane or four lane non-interstate highways. I'm including a link to a google album for those interested.

https://photos.google.com/share/AF1...?key=VDRyeDZSV3hDZ3RGN2JZSlVGZ1VYM1dTcWd6NUNB
    chief 06, jbar28, Dracula and 7 others like this.
  7. Sailorlite

Sailorlite Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    ^^^ I like that trailer rig. Do you load and unload by yourself, or do you need an assistant?
  8. shuckinator

shuckinator Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I've done it both ways but it's always nice to have somebody on standby to give a little nudge during loading. If loading solo I use a length of 2x12 to shallow up the approach angle. This is the first trip that I've removed the windshield and mirrors and that helps a lot once your on the trailer.
    Dracula and Sailorlite like this.
  9. Dons1911

Oddometer:
    I've always admired this grain storage building on Hwy 95 in southern Idaho, but never stopped. On a recent trip I had ridden a bit faster than my buddies so I stopped to wait for them. The building had a wing that went off to the left, but that collapsed last winter...
    KIMG1100.JPG
    chief 06, Jonnybeau, Dracula and 2 others like this.
  10. Dons1911

Oddometer:
    Got out yesterday for a nice ride in some crappy weather. Ride thru some snow in the higher elevations. Went south of town to see a couple buddies that leave for Yuma in a few weeks for the winter! Then east out to Fernan to drop something off to a buddy, got stopped by a Forest Ranger on the road to the saddle. Apparently I was going 'a little' fast. Good dude behind the ranger badge! We yakked for a bit and he let me off with a warning. Awesome since I was doing a bunch more than a little over! The warmest temp I saw was 45, but most of the ride was in the mid 30's. Got home to snow trying to cover things up! I live in some gorgeous country, but I'd trade some scenery in for for milder winters. I know, I know, it's just getting started!
    KIMG1168.JPG KIMG1169.JPG KIMG1172.JPG KIMG1173.JPG KIMG1174.JPG
    chief 06, Jonnybeau, Dracula and 8 others like this.
  11. HarveyMushman

HarveyMushman Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

The above photo was taken on a road the Pennsylvania Hillclimb Association uses for one of its events.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
  12. Lupin 3rd

Lupin 3rd Raygun Gothic

Oddometer:

Nice! I was betting on RT33 between WV and VA.

PS: love the ziptie method of securing foglights! :D
    Dracula likes this.
  13. HarveyMushman

Oddometer:
    Ha! Yes, my little aux lights are not near rugged enough for the crash bar vibes. They’re stuck on with silicone adhesive and zip ties. Lights have never failed though. :D

The B&W photo was just south of Flintstone, MD, on the bumpiest—but not broken—paved road I’ve ever ridden.
  14. Dracula

Oddometer:
    Great ride and amazing panoramic views today from West Virgina's Spruce Knob mountain tops. Glorious autumn colors, my camera can't do it justice and I can't stop at every vista.. but hope these will do. Views from South slope side:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    chief 06, Utrider1, Jonnybeau and 6 others like this.
  15. Dracula

Oddometer:
    Near the top, on the other side:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    chief 06, Utrider1, Jonnybeau and 6 others like this.
  16. Dracula

Oddometer:
    The lake nearby. There are so many miles of cool forest / gravel roads to explore in this whole area.. I better check exhaust gaskets!
    [​IMG]
    chief 06, Jonnybeau, guzziraz and 4 others like this.
  17. Dracula

Oddometer:
    I always enjoy cool trains in action too, and was in luck
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    chief 06, bar-low, Jonnybeau and 5 others like this.
  18. Dracula

Oddometer:
    Nothing beats a beautiful day's ride on superb roads with cool and interesting destinations.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
  19. HarveyMushman

Oddometer:
  20. Dons1911

Oddometer:
    Damn man, you take awesome pics!!!
    Dracula and HarveyMushman like this.