Fotografie Moto Guzzi Stelvio

Discussion in 'Moto Bellissima: All Other Dualsports' started by WitchCityBallabio, Jan 1, 2014.

1. HarveyMushman

HarveyMushman Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    I get to ride through some pretty nice scenery. :D
    Dracula likes this.
  2. Dracula

Dracula afficionado Supporter

Oddometer:
    I must say, there is great variety of riding in Virginia and the WV. Allot of very nicely maintained, scarcely travelled back roads and fine groomed gravel routes. Just picking any of the areas crossing mountains East to West, for best rollercoaster twisties in the US, or simply cruising the valleys taking in idilic Meadows rivers and mountain views riding N / S roads.. it's all amazing riding! The Nikon lenses and know-how notwithstanding.
  3. HarveyMushman

Oddometer:
    Talking of rural routes, the big difference between western NC and VA/WV is the amount (or type) of engineering that goes into the road making. In NC they put much more effort into grading good camber and constant radii, while in VA/WV they tend to just pave the existing gravel/dirt path, with less earth moving. It makes for very different motorcycle rides. I like 'em both!
    Dracula likes this.
  4. Dracula

Oddometer:
    I have only been more seriously spending time & riding exploring the areas on both states, this year. Thus far my perception is that there are more miles of mountain roads in VA than in NC. Maybe I just need more time to discover them in WNC too but I find myself drawn to the VA quite often. Bullpasture river rd I rode yesterday is a great example. Recommended by a MV Agusta sport rider the other day while in line for a sandwich in Marlinton ;-) Oh, and I think I know exactly where you took one recent foto!
  5. Doug Mclaren

Doug Mclaren Adventurer

Oddometer:
    It was a nice sunny autumn day here in the north east of England yesterday so I had a ride around the Blanchland and Hexham areas of Northumberland. Cool but not cold, about 10 or 11 degC /54degF.

[​IMG]DSCF4031 by Doug McLaren, on Flickr

[​IMG]DSCF4030 by Doug McLaren, on Flickr
    chief 06, Xlratr, Jonnybeau and 5 others like this.
  6. HarveyMushman

Oddometer:
    If you jumped on 250 from Bullpasture I bet you do know where that photo was taken. :D
    Dracula likes this.
  7. Dracula

Oddometer:
    That's exactly what I did!
    [​IMG]
    .. this road is so good I had to turn around and do it all over again next day! I ended up riding each day an hour or so after dark - not really ideal but the Philips LED lights and Baja Design auxiliary ones really show everything. I do slow way down however, around 45 especially in some areas I may expect a bambi to jump. And had to get hard on the brakes on few occasions I spotted them - because it would be stupid otherwise to assume they'll just sit and behave "normal". It does get chilly quick after dark, even 55 F some places.
    chief 06, Xlratr, twowings and 3 others like this.
  8. Dracula

Oddometer:
  9. Lupin 3rd

Lupin 3rd Raygun Gothic

Oddometer:
    Plenty of folk out there with expensive cameras taking shit photos of beautiful scenery.
    chief 06, HarveyMushman and Dracula like this.
  10. Dracula

Oddometer:
    Where I find really hard to take decent ones (at least to my taste) is in strong light conditions. For that matter even other scenarios where simply tilting camera one degree causes dramatic changes in exposure (even using a phone camera) - to me those conditions are quite challenging.
  11. HarveyMushman

Oddometer:
    That’s why the pros go scouting mid-day. The photos are made early or late in the day.
    Dracula and Lupin 3rd like this.
  12. Blueboarhound

Blueboarhound Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Mid-Atlantic BDR - June 2019

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Festus, chief 06, Jonnybeau and 3 others like this.
  13. Dracula

Oddometer:
    :beer:deal awesome memories and thank you for sharing :dj
  14. Dons1911

Dons1911 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Met my daughter and her boyfriend for breakfast, then a nice ride north. The Western Larches are really turning. High 30's and low 40's today. A beautiful fall day here in the Pacific Northwest!

KIMG1292.JPG KIMG1293.JPG KIMG1290.JPG KIMG1288.JPG
    Utrider1, chief 06, Lupin 3rd and 3 others like this.
  15. Dracula

Oddometer:
    A very long, wet and foggy day, but with views worth the efforts
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    c-zulu, guzziraz, chief 06 and 3 others like this.
  16. Jonnybeau

Jonnybeau 2014 Stelvio NTX

Oddometer:
    Hey Doc - My new rotors turned up today !!!

DSC04157.JPG

New vs Old Originals...

DSC04158.JPG

Fitted and after a quick test ride (about a mile round the block)

DSC04160.JPG

I'll take it to work tomorrow to give the pads a bit of a bed in - then drop it off @ the test centre on the way home..

The pulsing had gone - but when the pads were 'free' when I installed the brake calipers - I spun the wheel - it was making a rubbing sound on the disk at the forefront of this pic.

I will try and up load the Video..or link in a bit..
  17. Jonnybeau

Jonnybeau 2014 Stelvio NTX

Oddometer:
    Please forgive the heavy breathing :fpalm

18. jbar28

jbar28 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hello Stelvio-land!

First time Guzzi owner here, just wanted to add a little something to this thread I've been enjoying the past two weeks. Just a phone pic, didn't have the camera with me.

IMG_20191023_121052663_HDR.jpg

Two weeks ago I returned from a 7,000 mile trip to Oregon on my Wee-Strom, which gave me lots of time to think about the things I liked about my bike of the last 10 years and 47k miles, and things I wish were better. Good luggage, a bit more umph, less turbulence. Found this Stelvio for sale not far away (at Cadre in Cincinnati) and decided to satisfy my long-running Guzzi curiosity. The NTX seems a bit of a bargain right now compared to other big ADV bikes, so why not try it out. Only have 200 miles on it, still not sure about a few things, mostly vibration in the right side of the handlebar at 3500-4000 rpm, but willing to give it time to grow on me.

Really enjoying this thread's shared knowledge and great photos, hope to learn a lot and contribute a little something now & then.
    Xlratr, guzziraz, Utrider1 and 4 others like this.
  19. HarveyMushman

Oddometer:
    Welcome! Sounds like you have the right attitude. Give it some time to resolve the quirks—you’ll either learn how to fix them or love them as they are.
    Dons1911 likes this.
  20. Dracula

Oddometer:
    Congrats on your new Stelvio!!! And a beautiful picture. You will over time understand what fuels the Guzzi passion.. Although the two threads at times overlap, for tech knowledge the much larger thread is located here. (in case you didn't already know)
    chief 06 and Utrider1 like this.