Found! - Missing Friend IN Mexico

Discussion in 'Latin America' started by oscar95, Feb 6, 2015.

1. Yustmike

Yustmike Yustmike

Oddometer:
    I have some freinds who are near there they are going to post something.

Ginny and Curt Brommeland, We are about a 30 minute drive from Puerto Angel, Mike. We can post something here. Sorry to hear about it, so much goes on down here!
    2 hrs · Unlike · 1

Hope this ends well

Mike
  2. oscar95

oscar95 Oscar

Oddometer:
    Teotitlan de Flores Magon, Oaxaca, Mexico
    Keith Hartley Riddiough is on a Black 08 Varadero last reported near Puerto Angel. I have not got his Adv Rider Handle unfortunately. You are correct he is one of our own. Please keep an eye out for him. He may be just broke down or lost at the beach. :evil

Either way the family after two weeks is concerned. Thanks for any assistance. Ian
  3. bananaman

bananaman transcontimental

Oddometer:
    Has the family contacted the Canada embassy?

When Americans go missing, we're supposed to call the FBI and then let the FBI take care of working with foreign governments, usually through the local embassy. Has the Canadian equivalent gotten involved?
  4. GSABest

GSABest El Aventurero

Oddometer:
  5. GSABest

GSABest El Aventurero

Oddometer:
    Hey Bananaman, I sent an email to Connie and Ian recommending that they contact the Canadian Embassy and also Ann from Help Find Harry as a resource to assist in locating him. I am sharing as much info here in Manzanillo as possible so that as many people here are aware and keeping an eye out.

Hopefully they find him safe.
  6. Kowalski

Kowalski Brummie

Oddometer:
    Me any my girlfriend have been in the area you described in that time frame . We were in Zipolite just outside Puerto Angel for the last 2 weeks of January and did not see any ADV guys. We rode the Mex 200 from there to PV in the last few days. The area was very peaceful with no sign of any problems. There was a high military presence in Guerrero but little in Michoaocan but I doubt very much that he ran into anything bad unless he was maybe riding at night. There are a lot of amazing remote beaches in Michoaocan with no cel coverage, it may be possible he has found a spot?

I wish I could be of more help but unfortunately we are now in Mazatlan. I`m sure he will turn up. Best regards
  7. bananaman

Oddometer:
    Good.

Whenever these kinds of things happen I like to remind people to take basic measures to help rescuers, such as:

Register with your embassy. I do it online and I call them. I like to be the squeaky wheel. I want them to remember me.

Carry good travel insurance. Travelguard and medjetassist are popular.

Check in with a trusted friend or relative, and have a contingency plan for if you miss a bed check. Remind your check in people that none of you can get complacent.

Use your credit cards regularly for hotel, dining, and fuel.

You don't have to be public with your plans. Facebook and blogs are fun, but if you're averse to social media, that's ok.

Find trustworthy locals. Make friends with several different types of people. Hotel owners, restaurant owners, local guides, etc.

Things like a Spot or real PLB only work if you actually use them. Spot is notoriously unreliable, but can be useful. PLBs are reliable only if activated.

If you decide to just disappear for a while, you can still register with your embassy, and instruct them not to reveal your location, but to release only enough to say "we find no reason to initiate a search." You have the right to privacy. But unless you're a fugitive from the law, try not to be a dick.
  8. oscar95

oscar95 Oscar

Oddometer:
    Teotitlan de Flores Magon, Oaxaca, Mexico
    :thumb Thanks wish my buddy was reading this.

9. Misery Goat

Misery Goat Positating the negative Super Moderator

Oddometer:
    Hopefully this is just a case of someone wanting to drop off the grid for a bit. Plenty of us have done it.

Hopefully we'll get some updates soon.
  10. bananaman

Oddometer:
    It's starting to spread on Facebook. I just saw it coming from DiamondDave in Canada. By tomorrow every adventure rider will have seen the notices.
  11. Cal

Cal Long timer

Oddometer:
    In Tehuantepec and keeping my eyes open.
  12. Grynch

Grynch Long timer

Oddometer:
    I drove back from chacahua oaxaca to Acapulco Two weeks ago, there were a lot of check points. the road seems safe. I hope this is some kind of consolation. Here is an email to the federal police that replaced the local police here in Guerrero : division.gendermeria@cns.gob.mx.

and phone number: 744 202 8325
  13. inverted

inverted Berwyn rocks

Oddometer:
    I have the guy's email from his nephew, would it help in anyway to determine his username on ADV? in case he's mentioned it to someone he may have met down there.
  14. AceRph

AceRph Affluenza Free!

Oddometer:
    Where the stupidest people on earth run things
    Thanks, but no match. Could be that the ADV sticker was there from a previous owner. dunno
  15. AceRph

AceRph Affluenza Free!

Oddometer:
    Where the stupidest people on earth run things
    Found his handle.

User name - keithr11
  16. TerminalHavic

TerminalHavic Been here awhile

Oddometer:
  17. mrphotoman

mrphotoman Long timer

Oddometer:
    I hope he turns up soon, that is terrible.
  18. ebi

ebi ...Hellebauer---who?

Oddometer:
  19. SkizzMan

SkizzMan aka SkiddMark ;^)

Oddometer:
  20. gofast1320

gofast1320 Been here awhile

Oddometer: