Frank Raines OHV on Thanksgiving

Discussion in 'West – California, the desert southwest and whatev' started by Veeblefetzer, Nov 19, 2020.

1. Veeblefetzer

Veeblefetzer Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I just noticed that the Frank Raines OHV is open as of today and I'm thinking of rolling out there on turkey day.

http://www.stancountyparks.com/frank-raines/

I hope to see you there! Look for a red Africa Twin and a yellow Aerostich. And a blue helmet. All the primary colors. I'm not trying to organize a group ride or like that, but chime in if you'll be in the area. Morgan Territory, The Junction, Mount Hamilton, all that San Antonio Valley business.

I've never ridden Frank Raines, only drove an IH Scout around there one weekend day. Seems friendly.

If it's closed, I'll have to go to Alice's Restaurant* and complain that I'd never heard of an OHV being "closed on Thanksgiving" and eat a pickle, even if I don't want a pickle.

*I'm not a fan of that place, but I'm from Massachusetts and I'll give it a chance on Thanksgiving day.
  2. High Country Herb

High Country Herb Adventure Connoiseur

Oddometer:
    You might be able to get that pickle to go, but I'm doubtful on Thanksgiving day. My favorite thing at Alice's is the fish tacos.

I'm dying to go ride some OHV trails on the '74 Suzuki trials bike I'm rebuilding. A few of the parts have been a bugger to find, but I'm getting close. I'll probably take it to my local Deer Creek/Crandall Peak first.