Fredericksburg Area Riders of Trail and Street (FARTS) (some old and some young)

Discussion in 'Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge' started by Jollyrogers, Nov 20, 2016.

1. ClutchDumpinDan

ClutchDumpinDan Go do

Oddometer:
    I’m sure it’ll be packed this weekend. Not ready to go for another week or two.
  2. Knobspinner

Knobspinner Let's go.

Oddometer:
    If anyone of you wants a pitstop off of 33 at Skyline Dr, PM me. I've got a garage, bikes, coffee, and even a couch if you don't stink too bad. Might even come along.
    woods wizard, DCrider and Downhill502 like this.
  3. Buckee

Buckee Scott

Oddometer:
    Help me understand.

My daughter has been the light of my life for 23 years. She’s awesome, working from home long days through all this. Amazon yesterday brought her a “personal blender” that showed up on both our phones as a Bluetooth connection even before she opened the box. It apparently makes a whopping cup of smoothie and can be controlled from her smartphone with an app.

Today she got a box with 6 thick rubber zip lock sandwich bags that are reusable - bring them home after the picnic, put them in the dishwasher, and tomorrow you can put another PB&J in. 6 sandwich bags for $12; eliminate throwing away plastic bags.

She’s trying to do good things so there’s that, but WTF? I guess this is how my parents felt when i started wearing bell-bottoms & stacks. It was important to me but incomprehensible to them at the time; what she’s aiming for is more important so I’m all in.

Random geezing, all finished.
  4. DCrider

DCrider Live from THE Hill

Oddometer:
    ^^^Ur retired stop thinking and tying to figure out the world, more riding!
    woods wizard likes this.
  5. windblown101

windblown101 Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Packed would be the word. Especially along the route up from Switzer Lake up to Union Springs. I've never seen so many folks in the GW. Every spot along the route that had enough room to pull over had people camping in it, even up top. Saw no one on German River or Rough Run though. And not a single other bike all day. I passed probably 20+ vehicles on the trail from Switzer lake and then down Union Springs and at least that many doing dispersed camping. There was a heck of a traffic jam in the middle of the route going up the long hill from the lake to the top. 6 vehicles coming one way and 5 going the other all facing each other in an area where passing just ain't gonna happen.

Was still fun. Streams were swollen, mud holes filled, what's not to like?
  6. DCrider

Oddometer:
    Crazy # of cruisers and sport bikes out in the valley this weekend, maybe even more than normally would see if Rolling Thunder was still happening. Talked with a few old BMW geezers at Linden who were riding WV all weekend.
  7. Jollyrogers

Jollyrogers Long timer

Oddometer:
    We were at Uwharrie and the atvs and jeeps where everywhere, and the OHV and camping were closed. So the atvs where running the FRs!

I am thinking about a 390A, so my wr250r may come up for sale...
    DCrider likes this.
  8. DCrider

Oddometer:
    Guess that means the shoulder is good? I've developed "frozen" shoulders, they alternate as to which is worse, right now its the right. Got a 5-day oral steriod that helped a lot with ongoing all day pain but thinking I need to try the shot to the joints.
  9. Jollyrogers

Jollyrogers Long timer

Oddometer:
    shoulder is “ok”. I really need to exercise it more though.

I was thinking of a ride and camp. Off friday here.

ETA: No interest huh?
    DCrider likes this.
  10. Jollyrogers

Jollyrogers Long timer

Oddometer:
    I think I’ll be up around Staunton or Harrisonburg tomorrow morning by 10 or so. If anyone wants to meet up enroute or somewhere up there let me know. Camp saturday and ride some then head home.
  11. DCrider

Oddometer:
    Wish I could join you JR.
    Jollyrogers likes this.
  12. ClutchDumpinDan

ClutchDumpinDan Go do

Oddometer:
    Little bike moto camping trip June 12-14. Final route not done yet but will include Taskers Gap, Big Levels, and various GW Forest roads. 3 in so far.
    phreakingeek and DCrider like this.
  13. Jollyrogers

Jollyrogers Long timer

Oddometer:
    Wish I could go Dan, I can’t take a 3 day that weekend due to some work I have to do for my job. Sigh.

My solo ride to GWNF went well. The weather was PERFECT. German River Rd got turned around and ended up not on Long Run. Tom’s Lane? Putted around found Long Run, then went to River Run Ranch and camped there at Brett and Katie’s Place. Awesome people! Look it up on FB. Woke up to deer next to my hammock, and Brett had beer and water on ice for me when I got there.

Sunday rode Cub or Camp Run to a section of the BDR, started south to Switzer and rode Dunkle Hollow to Flagpole. There was someone in a cadillac SEDAN on Dunkle Hollow, trying to get it around a switchback, and not doing so good. Wasn’t sure if stolen or just WV peeps having fun. Rode around them and kept going since they waved me on. Wish I’d got pictures of that!

There were lots of creek crossings, I lost track, and still plenty of water and mud.

IMG_2797.jpg
    IMG_2798.jpg
    IMG_2792.jpg
    IMG_2795.jpg
    navydive, Barry, SoPaRider and 2 others like this.
  14. ClutchDumpinDan

ClutchDumpinDan Go do

Oddometer:
    Good stuff! Glad to see ya got out and about.
  15. DCrider

Oddometer:
    Dan where u starting from/camping first night? The DRZ needs to get out!
  16. ClutchDumpinDan

ClutchDumpinDan Go do

Oddometer:
    Tentative plan: Starting in Fredericksburg and heading to Taskers Gap. Dispersed camp somewhere in the GW Forest or near there.
    Austin hayes, gastone and Barry like this.
  17. ClutchDumpinDan

ClutchDumpinDan Go do

Oddometer:
    This weekends route is done. Combination of Taskers Gap, GW Forest, Big Levels, BRP, BRT, MABDR and TAT tracks. This may be named the alphabet soup loop :lol3

Screen Shot 2020-06-08 at 10.22.09 PM.png
  18. Scotty P

Scotty P Funny Like a Clown

Oddometer:
    ClutchDumpinDan, gastone and DCrider like this.
  19. DCrider

Oddometer:
    Hopefully I'm smart enough to bail out when needed, and don't want to slow the speedy youngsters down too much!
    ClutchDumpinDan and gastone like this.
  20. smdub

smdub Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I'm old and slow. But you should still worry about Dan and his plan. I'm really thinking hes doing this to get me to buy a 790R.
    DCrider and ClutchDumpinDan like this.