Fredericksburg Area Riders of Trail and Street (FARTS) (some old and some young)

Discussion in 'Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge' started by Jollyrogers, Nov 20, 2016.

1. laylow3down

laylow3down dirt bike mike

Oddometer:
    I'm thinking like the 1st or 2nd month of the new year...

Sent from my XT897 using Tapatalk
  2. laylow3down

laylow3down dirt bike mike

Oddometer:
    Who would I submit the application and the funds to? Any ideas how much it is annually?

Sent from my XT897 using Tapatalk
  3. XDragRacer

XDragRacer Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Google WATR.
  4. blaster11

blaster11 Still having fun!

Oddometer:
  5. ClutchDumpinDan

ClutchDumpinDan Go do

Oddometer:
  6. Barry

Barry Just Beastly

Oddometer:
    I have this exact Jacket in MEDIUM. You can not beat this water-proof fully armored jacket for the price. Buy without disappointment, it is a very solid jacket.

Barry
    ClutchDumpinDan likes this.
  7. ClutchDumpinDan

ClutchDumpinDan Go do

Oddometer:
    You are clearly a man of fine taste :queenie

Helluva jacket for the money. The D3O armor is almost worth the cost alone. I would exchange it for a Medium and keep it but they're sold out :bluduh
  8. Buckee

Buckee Scott

Oddometer:
    That's the same jacket I was wearing a month ago on Dan's disappearing phone ride. After a week long trip camping down to SW VA, temps from 40 to 80, with only a t shirt under, liked it enough to order a 2nd. Somebody should get this.
  9. Jollyrogers

Jollyrogers Long timer

Oddometer:
    So it's 2 big Dan?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  10. ClutchDumpinDan

ClutchDumpinDan Go do

Oddometer:
    Seeing yours up close was the push over the edge to buy it. Need a 3rd? :lol3

Yep, too big/baggy all over on me. I wear a Medium in my other jackets. The sleeves are too tight to comfortably fit over my Forcefield body armor.
  11. Jollyrogers

Jollyrogers Long timer

Oddometer:
    Ride or shoot today before the rain sets in?

12. Barry

Barry Just Beastly

Oddometer:
    Rain came earlyish. Put my Touratch folding mirrors on the 990 today, that was the closest I got to riding. I wasn't getting out today regardless. Ran some errands with the wife and then made cookies.
  13. Motocox

Motocox We will call him Thunder!

Oddometer:

I can vouch for Eagle Bay as well. It has some of the best single track around. Elevation changes, nice bermed out corners and good soil make for an awesome loop. I'm not a member of WATR, but I should probably join. I'm still racing VCHSS and the terrain at Eagle Bay is great practice.

Dan, I'd like to see how your jacket fits. What's your schedule in the afternoon? I usually get off work around 3pm.
    ClutchDumpinDan and EOD3MC like this.
  14. ClutchDumpinDan

ClutchDumpinDan Go do

Oddometer:
    Thinking of joining up as well, may lead to more bikes and gear though. But that's not really a problem I guess :lol2

Afternoons work for me. I'm available anytime with a days notice. I'm out of town at the moment, be back Weds. evening.
  15. Barry

Barry Just Beastly

Oddometer:
    I used to be a member. I haven't re-upped my membership in a LONG time cuz I didn't have locals to ride with, and won't ride dirt alone. If people are gonna' become members and ride there regularly I'll renew my membership. Definitely good local riding.
  16. michdave

michdave Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Can anyone join Eagle Bay? No one I know around the area or work with rides dirt, and only a few ride on the street. It would be nice to have a nearby dirt riding area.

17. Dorito

Dorito Dreamer and Doer

Oddometer:
    Technically, you are joining WATR...and part of the benefits is membership to Eagle Bay. If you have $125, then you qualify.
    michdave and ClutchDumpinDan like this.
  18. ClutchDumpinDan

ClutchDumpinDan Go do

Oddometer:
    Do you know where I can find the rules/regs? I've looked a few times unsuccessfully. Been curious of when you can ride Eagle Bay if a member.

I suppose I need to contact them.
  19. blaster11

blaster11 Still having fun!

Oddometer:
    Eagle Bay Rules
    KEEP A COPY OF THE FOLLOWING RULES FOR QUICK REFERENCE:
    1. The trail riding direction will be the same for 2016 (CW blue triangles). Please do not enter trails with wrong way (W) signs. Confine all riding to established single track. This does not include open fields, dirt piles, grassy berms etc. STAY ON THE TRAIL. The roads of Eagle Bay are now county roads. Riding on the pavement within the subdivision with unlicensed bikes is illegal. Staging around the water tower is no longer allowed. You must stage at the entrance to EB on the gravel lot behind the kiosk or down 642 by the river under the power line and against the tree line. Families with kids learning to ride can use the river staging as a learning area. Activity must be confined to within 100 yds of this location. Helmets must be worn at all times.
    2. All bikes must be able to pass the J1287 sound test at 96dBA.
    3. Members are allowed to bring guests. Check club website for additional fees. E-mail the EB manager at: dirtdonk@verizon.net for a guest waiver that must be signed and returned before the planned ride. Members are responsible for the actions of their guests.
    4. No riding before 9 AM (12 PM 2nd Sat. April – 1st Sat. of May) or after sundown.
    5. Riding is restricted to Wednesdays and Sundays during hunting season which generally starts 1st Sat. in October to 1st Sat. in January and Spring Gobbler, 2nd Sat. in April to 3rd Sat. in May. Check regulations at: http://www.dgif.virginia.gov/hunting/regulations/
    6. If trail is muddy either hold off riding or be responsible to prevent or repair ruts. It generally takes a day for each 0.2 inches of rain for the course to dry sufficiently. Be prepared to reroute or clear obstacles from trail. Major changes to trail alignment must be approved.
    7. You must be responsible to police the trails. Confront and get names of anyone you do not know. Illegal riding jeopardizes your riding. Please call Don (cell 540-809-5155) and report any issues at Eagle Bay.
    Deer Hunting Season (EB Wed & Sun Only) [/paste:font]
    October 3, 2016 - January 2, 2017
  20. Barry

Barry Just Beastly

Oddometer:
    Should edit that to say "people I ride with"... I will pay my dues and rejoin if I got peeps to ride with.