1. AVOID SCAMMERS!
      (1) Do not transact without protections in place! Different payment options may limit your payment protection
      (2) Use a payment service like PayPal WITH (!) purchase protection.
      (3) Terms like 'Friends and Family' are a warning that NO payment protection exists.
      (4) Avoid transactions with new members with no history and "family or friend of friend" offers.
      (5) If you do not understand the payment method you're being asked to use; stop and do not proceed until you do
      (6) If you receive a suspicious private message, click the "report" link and let us know!
    LISTINGS MUST INCLUDE: Price, Location, Product Description(s) and NO Links to CL or EBAY or your post will not be allowed. Read the rules!

Free to active Military thread

Discussion in 'Gear: Stuff You Wear' started by FishGS, Apr 11, 2010.

1. Frank smith

Frank smith R1200GSA, R80RT, 350 EXC-F Supporter

Oddometer:
    Sorry about that, 42R
  2. Frank smith

Oddometer:
    Well I just want to ensure it goes to someone on Active Duty as the pay sucks and the hours are long.
  3. ssgmiddleton

ssgmiddleton Adventurer

Oddometer:
    PM sent to your enterprise account from my .mil account
  4. Frank smith

Oddometer:
    Responded
  5. Frank smith

Oddometer:
    Why we give stuff away to service members:

I once gifted something to a guy who was a combat wounded Soldier who fought in the Korengal Valley of Afghanistan. The place is hell on earth. Read “War by Sebastian Junger” or watch the movie Restrepo. In the book, the author was an embedded journalist who was allowed to live, sleep, and eat with the men. The movie Has combat Video that was shot on sight during the action. The book is the story of the men who fought and followed them after they left the service. Some did not fare well as civilians. Both the book and movie are truly terrifying and I don’t know how anyone could come out of that place with his sanity. We owe them a great bit of gratitude for their service.

the movie is free to watch. https://watchdocumentaries.com/restrepo/
  6. Dfrnt

Dfrnt Just pluggin' along Supporter

Oddometer:
    Acerbis Impact Jacket. Size XXL but fits like an XL. I wear a size 48 jacket and can wear armor under it. Sleeves zip off to make a vest. Can store sleeves in rear pouch. Two large and two small pockets up front. Has zip in cold weather liner. Port for hydration tube and Velcro tube holder inside. Some minor spots but no scuffs or other damage. Guessing water resistant. Heavy duty material. $15 shipped CONUS.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    ssgmiddleton and Strolling along like this.
  7. Dfrnt

Dfrnt Just pluggin' along Supporter

Oddometer:
    Fieldsheer vented jacket with leather in impact areas. Size 52 but fits like 48. More of a sport fit. Has cold weather liner. No noticeable wear. $15 shipped.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Strolling along and cgguy09 like this.
  8. Cjk911

Cjk911 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Even though I’m not a veteran, the people on this thread have been very good to me, and worked with me since I’m a career firefighter. Hoping to pay it back now. Free to any active or retired military, or first responder. First Gear Hypertex pants with thermal liner. Size 36 short. I will cover shipping in CONUS. No rips, good condition.
    Chris

Attached Files:

9. Cjk911

Cjk911 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Also have this XL 3-layer Olympia jacket which has served me well on several big trips but I’ve finally upgraded to a Klim so time for someone else to get some use out of it. Great beginner jacket for ADV riding. Again thank you for those on the thread who have helped me in the past. I’ll cover shipping for any veteran or first responder.
    No rips, good condition with decent armor and back pad. Comes with one thermal liner and one waterproof liner.
    EDIT:found a small rip on right sleeve. Does not effect function.

Attached Files:

CrzyMexican and cgguy09 like this.
  10. Cjk911

Cjk911 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Pants dibsed by Barron
    Barron likes this.
  11. BlackHawkChief

BlackHawkChief Long timer

Oddometer:
    Awestruck beauty interrupted by moments of sheer terror I loved my time up that way FB_IMG_1614621363709.jpg
    drumdog, Kevin Dixon, cgguy09 and 4 others like this.
  12. Patricksc1987

Patricksc1987 Adventurer Supporter

Oddometer:
    chief. where in Afghanistan is that?
    i spent 14 months there
  13. CrzyMexican

CrzyMexican Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Still available?
  14. Cjk911

Cjk911 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Still available.
  15. Baggi'tard

Baggi'tard If I don't answer I'm ridin' or shootin' Supporter

Oddometer:
    Top of the line TCX adventure boots, at least a few years ago they were. Size EU 44. Goretex, Michelin Anakee III sole, suede leather on the inner side, etc. I just don't have a bike that has ergos that allow me to wear these anymore. Boots are located in Tellico Plains, TN, USA. I would just like to ask for actual shipping costs to wherever you are stationed. Thank you for your service. Please PM me if interested.

These are quite comfortable and have sturdy enough sole to make them comfortable for standing, without being crazy stiff like an MX boot. I have put some brand new insoles in them. These are not full-on waterproof anymore. Splash proof yes, but not "walk through the creek" waterproof anymore. Both from age and I also caught a stick into the bottom buckle on the left boot once and half tore it off. The "hole" has been sealed (which probably tore the goretex lining a bit) and the buckle was sewn back by a boot repair shop, so it's all good. You can't even tell a dog latched on to the left toe once!? Other than that just honest riding "wear" on them, the soles are still pretty fantastic actually, with plenty of tread.

[​IMG]
  16. BlackHawkChief

BlackHawkChief Long timer

Oddometer:
    Kunar valley RC East
    ssgmiddleton likes this.
  17. marret

marret Transient Supporter

Oddometer:
    Klim Dakar in the boot (ITB) pants available. 34" waist. Like new, worn only a couple times. I'll pay for shipping up to $20.

Gone to new owner.
    [​IMG]
    oldskool63 and cgguy09 like this.
  18. BambiRides

BambiRides Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    PM’ing!
  19. KLRTucson

KLRTucson Hey, a bright shiny thing........

Oddometer:
    Nearly new Casio G Shock. Solar atomic, gets a signal every night and time is always spot on. Pretty standard features, model is a 6900. Has moon and tide phase which are actually helpful. Too big for my skinny wrists. Box, instructions etc.

Call dibs, send me a PM with your address and I’ll get it out USPS.

Cheers,
    Mike

4B586134-C218-450F-8162-6FE6B63F223B.jpeg
    duc and cgguy09 like this.
  20. picknpluck

picknpluck Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    I'll take dibs...PM inbound