Friday the 13th - Port Dover Comin' Up!

Discussion in 'Canada' started by kruzuki, Sep 11, 2019.

1. kruzuki

kruzuki Gear in the Machine

Oddometer:
    Some love it, some hate it, but it's arguably the single biggest one day motorcycle gathering in the world.

As far as I'm concerned, anywhere that thousands of bikes of all kinds show up, I wanna be there!
    Maggot12 likes this.
  2. RobbieO

RobbieO Muskokatard

Oddometer:
    Poseur!
    gpfan likes this.
  3. kruzuki

kruzuki Gear in the Machine

Oddometer:
    C'est moi!

But only on Fridays, and only when it falls on the 13th, and only in Port Dover. The rest of the year, I just ride.
  4. PeterTrocewicz

PeterTrocewicz Long timer

Oddometer:
    I've never been to the rally, even though I used to live a lot closer to Port Dover than I do now
    I was challenged on that one Friday 13th by another rider at a gas station. I told him I was headed the opposite way, 2 up for a week at a cottage. He told me I wasn't a "real biker". I told him I'm just not a lemming.
    gpfan, B10Dave and bmwroadsterca like this.
  5. B10Dave

B10Dave Long timer

Oddometer:
    Been there; done that. Went on the 13th of January one year. All in the first few years because I knew and still have contact with a couple of the original organizers. Can't be bothered now; mostly pirates and cops there and non riding tourists out to gawk at the "BIKERS" Now that the cops and bureaucrats have managed to evict the bikes from downtown and the beach/pier area ( for "safety" reasons..they obviously have never been to Daytona or Sturgis) I think it will die a slow death.
    gpfan and Dilligaf0220 like this.
  6. Dilligaf0220

Dilligaf0220 Miserablist

Oddometer:
    Like everything wrong with Ontario these days, the dregs of Toronto infect everywhere like a cancer, ruining pretty much anything.

Even Thong Man didn't bother to show up.
    RobbieO and B10Dave like this.
  7. Maggot12

Maggot12 U'mmmm yeaah!!

Oddometer:
    Was there a few yrs back, it was in Aug I believe. I'm not much for parades and pirates, but I thought it was pretty cool. I hung a hammock near the legion between a couple posts on the play, jungle swing setup.

It was fun to take in...

20140613_095002.jpg
    B10Dave likes this.