From Estonia with love (Round the World)

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Epic Rides' started by tsiklonaut, Jun 30, 2009.

1. sonnyboy

sonnyboy Adventurer

Oddometer:
    You guys still travelling?(ok so this actually a holiday) enjoy and thanks for absolute wow pics
  2. tsiklonaut

tsiklonaut the (in)famous boxer perv

Oddometer:

[​IMG]
    Locals come to enjoy sunset colours on the jetty...

[​IMG]
    They were nice indeed...

[​IMG]
    A lone fisherman...

[​IMG]
    Colours say a storm is approaching.

3. milknosugar

milknosugar Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hi guys been following you from beginning ,even back to Hu and your funny dueling with "molly dog".Simply beautiful photos and having been to Bali a couple of times really enjoyed your pictorial of it ,made our snaps feel very inadequate.
    As others say if ever in Kiwi land be honoured to host you .
    Cheers Mike
  4. tsiklonaut

Oddometer:
    Yep, just a short holiday dash with the family. Involved some decent scootering so just posting some pics. Don't worry, I'll quit it soon since 2 weeks doesn't produce much photos.

Cheers, Ejigayehu Shibabaw is a stunning diva indeed. She's married to Bill Laswell - another one of my favourites - a great bassist, innovative electronic musician & producer. He records & produces most of Gigi's instrumental music so it's a good symbiosis. Also through Laswell Gigi has been cooperating with high profile artists such as Herbie Hancock etc that has made her quite famous in different World music settings:

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/W7Bvv-88vx8?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Hopefully someday we'll pop into Rome - all roads lead to it :freaky

Thanks! Yeah, those old silly debates in the HU - thankfully it's now a distant past :lol3

Don't ever say that - if there's something I've learned in my blip of existance is that EVERYTHING in life is relative. Even a crappy snap is still a snap that brings smile into your face 10-20 years later looking at it. While many of my shots often remind me how much work I've done to get them, carrying the gear, framing, light measurement instead I should have looked it with my own eyes all this time wasted on photographing it - this moment always beats even the very best camera in the world.

I've always wanted to go to NZ, too! In fact we wated during our RTW but the cost on shipping first to NZ then to OZ put us off the big map and only to OZ. The stunning pics I've seen from the NZ, it looks like it's an OZ concentrated and amplifyed :evil

Someday!!!
  5. tsiklonaut

Oddometer:

[​IMG]
    Shades of night over Gili islands...

[​IMG]
    Bay in front of Gili Trawangan.

[​IMG]
    Tranquility before the storm...

[​IMG]
    Roots of the tropical waters...

[​IMG]
    The white sand shores of the Gili islands...

6. tsiklonaut

Oddometer:

[​IMG]
    Rock bedded into sand...

[​IMG]
    A nocturnal swim...

[​IMG]
    Three.

[​IMG]
    Massive wooden bits floating around, looks like ship bits.

[​IMG]
    Waterly ebracement.

7. Orangecicle

Orangecicle On a "Quest" Supporter

Oddometer:
    I don't know why, but Margus' pix no longer load for me. There is just grey space where the pix should be. :cry
  8. Flys Lo

Flys Lo cool hand fluke

Oddometer:
    Jawdropping photos, as always.
    Try holding down "Ctrl" and hit "F5".
  9. OU812

OU812 Legend in my own Mind! Supporter

Oddometer:
    Update Adobe or one of them fancy programs(it's happened to me before).:deal
  10. Abosit

Abosit Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hi Margus,
    I have been following you all along and was always able to see pictures.
    Now all of them, even the first ones are gone.
    Are you using different settings, server or whatever different then before?

I admire you both for the adventure you have realized and your pictures are fantastic,
    I hate to follow you without the images :(
    I am viewing form a Mac.

If someone could help, I would appreciate it.

Oh sorry someone anticipated me asking the same problem!!
  11. tsiklonaut

Oddometer:
    Should work. If not it's whether my server has gone nuts with the requests from certain IPs /OR/ your ISPs or personal firewall doesn't like it and blocks it.

Just in case try another browser.

Let me know if the problem's still there.
  12. sonnyboy

sonnyboy Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Quote:
    <TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD class="dg-bbcode dg-bbcode-quote">Originally Posted by sonnyboy [​IMG]
    You guys still travelling?(ok so this actually a holiday) enjoy and thanks for absolute wow pics

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
    Yep, just a short holiday dash with the family. Involved some decent scootering so just posting some pics. Don't worry, I'll quit it soon since 2 weeks doesn't produce much photos

Dont quit!
  13. Orangecicle

Orangecicle On a "Quest" Supporter

Oddometer:
    Margus, just an update on the display issue. I was not seeing the pictures when using Safari on a fairly new Macbook Pro. I cleared the cache, but the problem remained. I switched to Firefox and have the same problem. When I look at your latest pages using Firefox, the "loading" symbol just continues to spin as if it is trying to load pictures but can't. I'll try the pages from work later today running Window7 and Explorer. PM me if you'd like me to troubleshoot this any further.

UPDATE: Windows7 using a different ISP at my office works. So, it's either my Macbook Pro or my ISP.
    UPDATE #2: It's my ISP. I hooked up an old Windows XP laptop and tried that on my home wireless network. It also will not load the pictures on this page. I can't even copy the IP address for a single picture and get any browser to just download a single picture. Bummer.
  14. OU812

Oddometer:
    Chrome here and NP.
  15. Abosit

Abosit Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the fix. Ahhhhh. so nice!
  16. Oak Rider

Oak Rider n00b

Oddometer:
    M&C, when you finished your round the world trip, it was like an old friend gone! I missed the photos and your story. Now these photos are even more fantastic, thanks! Glad you had a chance to travel again, even if it is in a different mode.
    :thumb
  17. tsiklonaut

Oddometer:
    After being fed up by stink of horse shete, endless flys (we've never seen so many flys, it beats even the rural Africa!) and bitten to near-death by bed bugs on Gili Trawangan we willingly headed to Lombok island on a wooden boat.

Wow, what a change it was...

Although all we could rent was a 150cc vario-gearboxed Honda, the pain in the arse and wierd offroad riding w/o the proper clutch and stiff gears was hugely compensated by the stunning scenery and the clean non-doping friendly people the island had on the plate for us.

[​IMG]
    Lombokian living hut and an 150cc Honda in front of it.

[​IMG]
    Her name is Emi, she's a sarong seller in Lombok. It's a very hard work to only sell sarongs to the tourists and support your family from it - full day of running mostly without a shade on the beaches with +35C scorching wet heat. We diverted her the first time as we usually do with all the annoying seller folk, but she made an unusually good impression on us and we promised we MAY buy one in one very good day. She didn't bother us the next days on the beach while the other sarong sellers were still agressive and kept coming back. Three days later, in a rainy and cold day we got soft, went to her by ourselves and bough two sarongs from her - altough a little ill, worn and she had a cough from the cold, she was deeply moved since it was a low season and didn't sell anything for weeks to support her family. In the end our sarongs had a special story and a good meaning for us and her too.

As they say in my culture: humbleness is a sign of a genius. And she filled that spot successfully.

[​IMG]
    South-Lombokian beaches are mostly stunners - tropical waters, white sands, nice settings - and most of all - almost always empty in the wet-season!

[​IMG]

Panorama from our favourite Seger beach (click to enlarge).

[​IMG]
    Muslim women get out to do some photoshoot - here you see they're probably doing their Facebook beach photos going into deep waters in their burkas and hats.

18. OU812

Oddometer:
    More please?
    You have risen the bar buddy!:wink:
  19. tsiklonaut

Oddometer:

[​IMG]
    Lombokian beach.

[​IMG]

Beach in Selong Blanak - the weather changes fast here in the wet-season (click to enlarge)

[​IMG]

Panorama of the seaside in Awang - here they grow crab (click to enlarge).

[​IMG]

Another one of our favourites - Mawi beach - completely "reserved" for us only (click to enlarge)

[​IMG]
    Lombokian life.

[​IMG]
    Lots of abandoned buildings.

20. tsiklonaut

Oddometer:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Fisherman before he went into the water with his clothes and swim to his boat and went off the sea. That's the drill for them, every single day.

[​IMG]
    Fishermen living on the beach.