from Prague to Scotland on RSVmilleR- Norwich-Devon-Cornwall-Wales-Scottland and German Alpes

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Epic Rides' started by SPIJKER, Apr 28, 2019.

1. SPIJKER

SPIJKER Paranormal rider

Oddometer:
    after years of seeking speed and seconds... it is time to ride in new territories...

I allways wanted to go to Scottland on a british bike. But they dont build anything really interessting..except maebe the new Norton SS...

but as I made my common mistaque (allways riding and keeping alive aome old scrap) ...buying an 2003 RSVR Mille... looked so gerat..the price was fine... but than.. the condition... I would beat the former owner badlly if I could... it took a half year to fix all we have find.

But now is time!
    2 Czech Pilots on 2 Aprilia RSV1000 Mille
    on 30.4.2019 after noon ...we start our epic trip to the UK...and I continue after to German Alpes.
    Wwe get a bed'n'wine in german Kassel from Fuller...one of our best man in Germany... :-)
    ..and continue on first May to Hoek van Holland to the Port and from Harwich to Norwich...to the next Bed'n'Wine destination...
    Jan on an old Sprint ST and his mate on a Blackbird will join us for 3 days to Devon and Cornwall Wales... and on Sunday they return to Norwich and we continue... to Scottland!!!

The trip takes two weeks across the UK, as we bot have to work on monday 13th.

But me lucky! I participate on a training under the German Alpes!
    Close to Allgäu!
    So if the new compressed darknes Pirelli Angel ST can stand the almost 6000 km with legal profile... I can continue dancing...the third week in german Alpes..or worst case..i have to buy new pair of tyres in Germany... :-| lets see...

We will report about the trip to the very West from point of view of the real Eastern Europeans... :-)

The first time behind the Channel for both RSV pilots... Let the adventure begin...! :-)

(I hope U can understand my english...as I never studyed it as a language :-| ..so I appology for any strange way of writing... trust me...I dont speak better)

RSV best comfort tourer.jpg
    RSV magnetic tankback.jpg
    RSV bag holders 2.jpg

Attached Files:

oic, stokerel, tart and 9 others like this.
  2. SPIJKER

SPIJKER Paranormal rider

Oddometer:
    IMG_20190501_1334233.jpg

The first day of trip has began yesterday...after an issue with gasoline... :-) ..after 19h...on Czech-German border. Before midnaight we arrived in Kassel, navigated by Waze... With all the food and wine...we could still sleep 4,5 hours and before 1pm ve arrived in Hoek van Holland...boarded..fixed bikes..and went to rest on the deck.

StenaLine is easy to book and as they use one of the biggest ferys in the world..it goes like a sofa... Bars, restaurants, cinema, basketball cage..all onboard... It was a good choise...to rest after the ride for 6 hours and eat and sleep a bit.. Instead to go via Calais and Dover.

..now is time to get out the fery and finnish to Norwich... To have some good wine and food... :-)

And tommorow ..the UK trip really starts
    jonz and B10Dave like this.
  3. SPIJKER

SPIJKER Paranormal rider

Oddometer:
    Today we start at 10am to Cambridge, Avebury and the we want to get to Torqay, as our mate booked an apartment for us... as we will be 2 RSV Mille, one Sprint 955i and Blackbird... the price is very friendly too. We have to skip the white cliffs..as it doesn’t fit to our itinerary and time schedule.. if we are lucky..we can past London before the bigger traffic jams... Some say London is the most expensive parking...in the world...

the bikes are clean rain washed... so we can start the trip... :-)

I would love to tell about the first impression of UK riding...
    ...to make it short. The first s the surprise that 30, 40, 50 shields are everywhere... and everywhere photo-traps signed... not everywhere physical... but damn...:rofl it is aloud to ride only 112 km h almost everywhere... This affects our progress a lot....makes me almost cry... :lol2

RSV rainwasched.jpg RSV Norwich parking.jpg

Attached Files:

ridgerunner1061, Saso and flei like this.
  4. Juan Cruz

Juan Cruz Just riding

Oddometer:
    Awesome adventures on awesome bikes!

How long can you ride a sportbike without getting sore/tired?
    Ride safe
    Drybones likes this.
  5. SPIJKER

SPIJKER Paranormal rider

Oddometer:
    Salut Juan, well...it depends... we made 700km on first, 4 hours sleeping...and 430km plus 7 hours on fery plus 120 km... amd i was sobtired that I was too lazy to even drink wine :-)

in reality...i dont know what to answer

today is the third day...we have 18:40pm and we have only 360 km...as things go slowly in the uk...limits and phototraps everwhere... we are now sitting in Red Lion in Avebury...and there are still 200 km to our accomondation in Torqay... so we make "comfort" stops...and are looking forward to have some fish and chips in the sea side...as it is the proper way of eating the UK...

IMG_20190502_174941.jpg IMG_20190502_174857.jpg
  6. SPIJKER

SPIJKER Paranormal rider

Oddometer:
    4. Day
    We made it from prague to Torqay in 3 days and 1900km.. Didnt see much.. Just roads... But a quick tea and cake in Camridge was nice...and a pint in Avebury too...

Now it goes to Bmad to say hi to the Aprilia guys and than to the Lands End. Than back to the nord again...

What was the most interessting thing the first day in the UK.. Polite people quite everywhere..
    I will write more when i can stand a while

IMG_20190503_1133077.jpg IMG_20190503_1138370.jpg IMG_20190503_1139125.jpg
  7. SPIJKER

SPIJKER Paranormal rider

Oddometer:
    Newquay was nice and the beach looked inviting...

IMG_20190503_154103.jpg
    ridgerunner1061 likes this.
  8. SPIJKER

SPIJKER Paranormal rider

Oddometer:
    Lets take a quick bath in the beautifull water and than have a drinknin the bar

IMG_20190503_154303.jpg
    thwak, ridgerunner1061 and Saso like this.
  9. Blader54

Blader54 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Excellent report! Reports featuring sport bikes are rare, but I love'm. Since the demise of the "sport touring" class, some riders make a few mods to sport bikes to make them more friendly for touring: raise the bars a bit, taller windscreen, better saddle. Great to see you doing a long ride up to Scotland!!! Your english is fine enough! No worries! Thank you very much for the time and effort it takes to post a report! Really appreciate your sharing with us, and am looking forward to the rest of the report!
    oic likes this.
  10. SPIJKER

SPIJKER Paranormal rider

Oddometer:
    While we say good buy with the guys from Norwich...to meat again there on friday night...sitting in Costa Coffee bristol..there litttle time to post..

The water was propably more warm than the air...propably the Golf stream

..where to put all the clothes?

82338562a1b9e6d48084c89911ceb528.0.jpg
    ridgerunner1061 likes this.
  11. SPIJKER

SPIJKER Paranormal rider

Oddometer:
    A little hygienic refreshment in Newquay

33ce041b5ecc87e086ddac6a740a5bb5.0.jpg
  12. SPIJKER

SPIJKER Paranormal rider

Oddometer:
    ..after the bath and few drinks in the bar we went to Milton Demerel. There is Woodbridge Country club. A realy great hotel with apartment houses for 49 pounds...two bedrooms and living with kitchen, 6 men can sleep in, two baths... Simply amazing!

Thats how it lookes in the morning..today

IMG_20190504_0947053.jpg
    B10Dave and ridgerunner1061 like this.
  13. SPIJKER

SPIJKER Paranormal rider

Oddometer:
    Food was nice to :-)

..after the breakfest we started to head up to Snowdonia. First stop was Lynton. A lovely place!

IMG_20190504_1044190.jpg
    B10Dave, ridgerunner1061 and flei like this.
  14. SPIJKER

SPIJKER Paranormal rider

Oddometer:
    Thank you mate!
  15. ildivvy

ildivvy GSX750 fan forever!

Oddometer:
    I like also this RR with this sport bikes! Vary handy rack! How many fuel need this beuties? How can you compare them with 955i and 1100XX ?
  16. SPIJKER

SPIJKER Paranormal rider

Oddometer:
    Hi mate, well.. We ride for 7l/100km minimum..but normaly it 9-10 :-) just here where we arent home..you save some fuel

The 955i is a working cow...you sit quite straight but does anything too..only 100hp but still 240kmh..
    The blackbird is different..quite soft..powerfull and confy.. That one is a little old...
    Our twins are not for tourism :-) but it is fun to ride :-)
  17. SPIJKER

SPIJKER Paranormal rider

Oddometer:
    IMG_20190505_0614463.jpg

It was quite a cold night in front of Snowdonia

IMG_20190505_0717038.jpg
    B10Dave and ridgerunner1061 like this.
  18. SPIJKER

SPIJKER Paranormal rider

Oddometer:
    Snowdonia in W. Wales reminds me to Jeseniky mountains in my country... Narrow roads and open hills.

The mission is to stay on the bike :-) ..as we are far from home...

IMG_20190505_0911159.jpg
  19. Fenianbastard

Fenianbastard Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    Princeton (the center of liberal hell in NJ)
    Avebury is fantastic!
    SPIJKER likes this.
  20. SPIJKER

SPIJKER Paranormal rider

Oddometer:
    Lynton looks like an old Pirate Bay..as if I have lived here in some former lifes...

The road down to the village is a highlight IMG_20190504_1310435.jpg