from Prague to Scotland on RSVmilleR- Norwich-Devon-Cornwall-Wales-Scottland and German Alpes

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Epic Rides' started by SPIJKER, Apr 28, 2019.

1. SPIJKER

SPIJKER Paranormal rider

Oddometer:
    For that, we took a cottage in thre Highland of Lomond...and a small walk. IMG_20190508_1855141.jpg IMG_20190508_1902025.jpg IMG_20190508_1914033.jpg
  2. SPIJKER

SPIJKER Paranormal rider

Oddometer:
    Oh yes. The italian diva is a lovely bike. But only when working.
    We have a special starting proceedure...maebe we can film...as we are three already.
    B10Dave likes this.
  3. Sprocket Man

Sprocket Man Adventurer

Oddometer:
    From a FB post I think one of the lads have had their bike stolen in Edinburgh. Ridiculous but sadly not unexpected in Edinburgh.
    SPIJKER likes this.
  4. SPIJKER

SPIJKER Paranormal rider

Oddometer:
    Every morning a special starting proceedure.
    Push start helps

5. SPIJKER

SPIJKER Paranormal rider

Oddometer:
    True.. After Petr managed to get a new chain and sprocket....we met in edinbrug..after me was going from Tyndrume to Loch Ness...
    And during the night..the red RSV just disappeared... :-|

But!
    Thanks to biker guys from edinburg... TheRSV was found and we are now heading to HarwichN to the fery...with a pitstop in Norwich.. Only less than 500 km last... IMG_20190510_1112292.jpg
    leighwgold likes this.
  6. SPIJKER

SPIJKER Paranormal rider

Oddometer:
    IMG_20190510_1008305.jpg The bike was hidden behind a container..
    Thank you so much guys who have help to find the old diva
    tart and thwak like this.
  7. SPIJKER

SPIJKER Paranormal rider

Oddometer:
    The trip yesterday to loch ness without Petr on red RSV was lovely. Just the camera was lost :-( ...so this is the only one picture I have..taken on my phone :-| IMG_20190509_1314463.jpg
  8. SPIJKER

SPIJKER Paranormal rider

Oddometer:
    Oh yes... And the nice view to the hill with snow... Maebe Ben lomond from Pinewood Camping in Tyndrume

IMG_20190509_1103120.jpg
  9. boristhebold

boristhebold Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    So glad you were reunited with the red RSV and I am embarrassed that yet again, a traveller encounters bike thieves in the UK. (I'm afraid it is low down on Politicians priorities to push the Police and Court system into more action to sort it out)
    chinditone, SPIJKER and leighwgold like this.
  10. SPIJKER

SPIJKER Paranormal rider

Oddometer:
    Thank you
  11. ozmoses

ozmoses . Supporter

Oddometer:
    SPIJKER likes this.
  12. Blader54

Blader54 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Very sad to hear the red RSV was stolen but very very happy to hear it was recovered! @boristhebold what do you recommend we foreign riders do to prevent theft in your region? Avoid Edinburgh entirely? Or are there some secure places to park? Your advice could benefit all who plan to journey to that part of the world.
    SPIJKER likes this.
  13. SPIJKER

SPIJKER Paranormal rider

Oddometer:
    Inverness was yesterday, but we had to make it from Tyndrume via Inverness to edinburg...as the finnished chain stopped us. But still thankx... It can help to some one next who will come upo there...

We are now back in Norwich...after the stolen returned bike we made it at 22:30...as we could start on 13h... Tommorow fery and back to Kassel vor last night on tour
    ozmoses likes this.
  14. SPIJKER

SPIJKER Paranormal rider

Oddometer:
    Last view from the kings street Edinburg..where our bike was stolen and found again...

IMG_20190510_1015590.jpg IMG_20190510_1112292.jpg
  15. SPIJKER

SPIJKER Paranormal rider

Oddometer:
    The bikes were there during the night and stayed there until now too... It is bice to have them in front of the windows.

The fery back to Rotterdam is waiting...

IMG_20190511_0141444.jpg IMG_20190511_0548011.jpg
  16. boristhebold

boristhebold Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    If they're going to be left in a street in most big towns and cities, a large visible deterrent...a lock and chain with the bikes chained together. Personally I'd be looking at accommodation with secure parking or at the very least off street parking hidden out of view. It is not so much a theft epidemic as the way the authorities seem to view it as a minor issue rather than what it is...heartbreaking/gutwrenching/life changing (If you're travelling) I guess they don't get the bond motorcyclists have with their bikes compared to those with 4 wheels and the box surrounding it.

I go to Northern Scotland next week and won't have a lock with me...hostel near Fort William, Air BnB further North and an AirBnb in Aviemore...so pick the area and you will be fine...but like Dublin, many of the big cities are just not worth overnighting in IF you have to leave your bike in the street.

As a PS, I've toured in the UK for years and never had anything stolen from tankbags/bags strapped on the back etc....so don 't get too hung up.
    Sensible security precautions is the way to go.
    SPIJKER likes this.
  17. SPIJKER

SPIJKER Paranormal rider

Oddometer:
    Back from the UK we went to Kassel again..great food served and great friends met again..
    And we tested our 12y Loch Lomond vs. Highlands 12y. I both the Lomond just intuitively...as it was a gift shop in Fort Augustus...but damn.. I like it really lot! And better than the Highland :-)

The weather in Holland looked nice...but it was fridge. The first petrol station in Germany..a little boring place...but at leasst some food IMG_20190511_1841433.jpg
  18. B10Dave

B10Dave Long timer

Oddometer:
    Boris... bike theft in the UK is not new and not confined to the big cities. I had a CB900F stolen from the front yard of a B&B in Pitlochry during a holiday in 1998.Only the second week into a month long trip. Thank God for friends in Hartlepool who loaned us a bike for the remainder of our vacation. Last time I would consider flying a bike to the UK. We rented for our 1990 IOM trip.
    SPIJKER likes this.
  19. SPIJKER

SPIJKER Paranormal rider

Oddometer:
    After transfer and night in Kassel..me another transfer to Mindelheim in Unter Allgäu.

The red RSV made it home and Petr enjoyed his family..and for sure a warm wellcome :-) and me...
    Lets see who will help wiuth the startaing proceedure...but maebe it will be warmer than last days in the UK and it will start it self..
    A ffew wee rides are planned to the alpes...the italian tourer with austrian heart is waiting ander a small roof IMG_20190512_1458171.jpg
    B10Dave likes this.
  20. SPIJKER

SPIJKER Paranormal rider

Oddometer:

It is allways smart to care about the bike..and park it safe.. Cause shit happens... We were very lucky... Still cant believe how the edinburger community wordked out! Amazing...!!!
    B10Dave likes this.