Front Brake Weirdness

Discussion in 'Dakar champion (950/990)' started by Super Rat, May 20, 2004.

1. Super Rat

Super Rat The Engineer

Oddometer:
    On my late 04 950 the front brake has a strange deep scratch on the front rotor that looks like a screw is sometimes rubbing it, However on inspection it is not at obvious what the problem is. My buddies 950 has the same effect but not as bad. Also, the brake sometime feels like its dragging and makes a strange sound. Anybody else seen this and how do I fix it?
    <!-- / message --><!-- sig -->
  2. JediBri

JediBri Glory to GOD

Oddometer:
    On my new 950S I'm getting some rubbing on my front right disk, it seems twice per revolution. I can really only tell when pushing the bike when it's not running. Both the wheel and the disk do not seem to be warped when I stand-up and look at them while riding.

The disk definately isn't 'centered' between the calipers on the right side. The left side is perfectly centered but the right side disk is all the way up against the inner caliper. I haven't yet tried to move the right calipers to try and center the disk (don't even know if this is possible).

Brian
  3. gato88

gato88 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    READ FRONT WHEEL REMOVEMAL,,,,,,,,
    CENTER AXLE AS DESCRIBED :thumb
  4. JediBri

JediBri Glory to GOD

Oddometer:
    Fixed! I loosened both front axle clamps, worked the forks up and down quite a bit and everything centered right up :thumb