FS BMW Engine Protection Bars 1200GS

Discussion in 'Australia' started by misterDA, Jul 19, 2005.

1. misterDA

misterDA R1200GS K1200R Sydney Aus

Oddometer:
    HI!

I have a set of BMW original engine protection bars (1200GS) for sale. They are located in the southern Sydney suburbs. They cost over $480 new but I will sell for $200 ono. Chrome in colour, easy to fit, they are not compatible with the BMW plastic engine protection covers that I bought.

My mistake could be your gain!

Please private message me if you are interested.
  2. GSBMW Vic Aust

GSBMW Vic Aust Grey Nomad

Oddometer:
    It is possible to fit cyclinder protection covers and BMW crash bars as well. A little bit of work with a file will allow this to happen. I take it that you are refering to the tight fit on the left hand side? Mine was tight but I managed to fit it all together quite easily, but the bar does just touch the cyclinder cover.

I hope this is of some help the covers and the bars fitted together do look good and function well when you happen to fall over.

John S
  3. misterDA

Oddometer:
    I now have the Hepco Becker bars in conjunction with the cylinder head protectors. Have you "used" your BMW bars yet on the left hand side? As it is touching I would have thought that it would cause damage when it flexes in a crash. BMW states that the two are not compatible as well.

Anyway, does anyone want to buy my very cheap BMW engine protection bars?
  4. misterDA

Oddometer:
    OK Peter. I got your reply on the site. I have sent you an email. Thanks.