FS: Smittybilt Overlander XL Roof Top Tent

Discussion in 'Other' started by gpack, Mar 9, 2019.

1. gpack

gpack XL-er

Oddometer:
    Hi all,

This is for a brand new Smittybilt Overlander XL roof top tent (model 2883) still in the box, never opened, never used. Most sites charge tax and shipping, so this will save you a bit and not have to deal with potential shipping damage issues. Additionally, online orders for this require arranging your schedule to wait all day for freight to show up.

$920

Feel free to post here or PM. I am in the Twin Cities, MN area.

Actual photo, still in the box:

49749A96-BAF1-4A99-928E-FEDC3C356DDA.jpeg

Stock photos:

0B71F575-4853-480D-BDEE-D4FE03C2C20C.jpeg A8D8C88B-7895-408F-B768-57FCF0B72941.jpeg
  2. FMFDOC

FMFDOC IBA #63181 Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    I was just looking at Quadratec's website and they say that this tent is only for mounting on a trailer.

This site.

"There are few things more relaxing than jumping into your Jeep and getting away from the hustle of daily life. Smittybilt recognizes that you don’t have to leave all the creature comforts at home though, and their new XL OVERLANDER ROOF TOP TENT can make your outdoor experience even more enjoyable. Set up camp in minutes and enjoy waterproof construction, mesh windows for ventilation, LED interior lighting, and a wide anodized aluminum ladder as standard features. The Smittybilt XL Overlander Tent weights only 148 lbs, and has a 770 lb load capacity so it can sleep four on its 92.5x74.8 mattress.

Smittybilt's XL tent is for trailer use only and not compatible with SRC cage kits."

What did you mount it to?
  3. gpack

gpack XL-er

Oddometer:
    Hi,
    Yeah, that is what is recommended due to the size. I have an '04 Tacoma short bed and a '17 Outback that it mounts to. It is long and a decent rack system is needed. Many DIY racks that are solid work wonders. I have a Yakima BedRock on my Tacoma and am working on a reinforced cross bar system for the Outback. May add an additional crossbar to the void on the rear of the rack and make a front one to mount in the tie down location which would make for four (4) crossbars. Or, I may end up doing a bar in each tie down location that is rectangle stock tubing and cap each end...and mount the tie down to the top edge to still use.

I would do a Yakima/Thule system available for the car, but I do not like how high those are given the factory Outback rack is already fairly tall.

Thanks for asking about this. I noticed it also, but knew it could work. It is 20” longer than the Overland (non-XL) when packed.
  4. gpack

gpack XL-er

Oddometer:
    $880 - any takers?