fuel filtration system in or below fuel cap for KTM, BMW and others

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by guglemonster, Apr 2, 2015.

1. dpike

dpike BeeKeeper Supporter

Oddometer:
    pm sent
    guglemonster likes this.
  2. Captain Excellent

Captain Excellent +ll+

Oddometer:
    Arrived today!
    IMG_9669.jpg
    guglemonster likes this.
  3. Captain Excellent

Captain Excellent +ll+

Oddometer:
    ... ´┐╝and installed
    IMG_9670.jpg
    guglemonster likes this.
  4. Captain Excellent

Captain Excellent +ll+

Oddometer:
    IMG_9671.jpg
    Not convinced I'll keep the purple vent hose.
    Thinking I'll just use the Camel Tank tether and screw it into that vent connection instead
    guglemonster likes this.
  5. guglemonster

guglemonster Crivens!!! Supporter

Oddometer:

SOOOOOOO SOOOOO HAPPY it arrived safe !!!

yes, obviously the std venting is not necessary at all

I would recommend to plug it maybe even with some basic screw and loctite and call it a day

on what bike did you mount it?

how is the refueling?

remeber that I NEED feedbacks

very very happy, hope the quality and finishing exceeded your expectations !!!

cheers
  6. Captain Excellent

Captain Excellent +ll+

Oddometer:
    So some quick feedback,
    - I used blue locktite on the threads, no issues.
    - The filter neck fits into the adaptor, but would perhaps be better if it were flanged so it didn't protrude up above the aluminum
    - Did the first fill this morning and a North American fuel nozel will fit down into the tank inside the filter, though wear on the filter over time night be an issue. Is there a configuration where it would be possible for the filter to attach to the adaptor before it is threaded into the tank, i.e. It would be on the outside of the adaptor neck (see drawing)?

Note, if the fuel pump nozzle is inserted fully into the neck of the adaptor, venting in the Camel Tank must be maintained elsewhere.

Attached Files:

guglemonster likes this.
  7. guglemonster

Oddometer:
    thank you @Captain Excellent

staring from the last point

the thread on the camel tank is razor sharp, no media would ever survive its contact and rotation, tried that, almost lost one finger !! :D:D:D:D:D

position of the filter would also be an issue, it's not so easy to determine which side the "belly" would face, we had a similar idea but decided against.

this does not mean that we could not try it anyway

we designed a snap-on ring, but the outer diameter was not sufficient to allow the adapter to enter the threaded hole in the tank.

the only way we could use the system, would be attaching the filter with an inox safety wire, but would people like it? also the ventilation holes in the filter would be just level with the protruding lip, meaning that it would reduce the available "cleaned" fuel, I believe that with such a design, all riders wishes their tank to be full to the lip, am I mistaken :)

another solution, would be to make small holes at the end of the adapter, and sew by hand the filter there.

the neck has been designed to stick out due to the very small remaining space of the whole, but the whole cannot be bigger because I need some "beef" in order for the aluminum not to snap when you screw it into position.

the wear of the filter could be improved with the ARM technology we use on Japanese metal tanks, what worries me is that it would reduce even more the very small hole.

venting of the tank is no help while refueling, such small holes cannot face the petrol flow from the nozzle.

please, keep the ideas coming :)

thanks
  8. Captain Excellent

Captain Excellent +ll+

Oddometer:
    All good points, especially with the sharp threads on the CT cutting the filter on installation. I'll keep thinking on this, but you've obviously given it some serious thought already, not that I didn't expect you would have.
    guglemonster likes this.
  9. guglemonster

Oddometer:
    you do know that I usually wake up at 4 in the night with a cold shiver down my spine if I forgot something important or with a totally new design, point is that I cannot go back to sleep usually......

thank you for the great think tank guys :)

cheers
    theailer and Oldschoolrocker like this.
  10. guglemonster

Oddometer:
    and again :)

already posted the pics on the 790 tpic, but here the situation with the neck system/tank of the 790 ENDURO R

IMG_20190328_115351.jpg IMG_20190328_115435.jpg IMG-20190328-WA0006.jpeg IMG-20190328-WA0008.jpeg

our old friend from the 1190 the GUNK is BACK !!!!!!!!

flush the tank with hot water, clean it many times, and than let it dry and flush it with just some drops of fuel.............. so they are telling us :)

the fuel pump??
    I got that on checked too..... and trust me YOU DO NOT WANT TO SERVICE IT

IT'S A HELL OF A NIGHTMARE....... they really went mad this time preventing people to source aftermarket parts and alllowing normal people to service their bikes.....

bad bad boys there...............

but we've already the solution to all this and more !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WE ARE GUGLATECH !!!!!!!!!!!!

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
    Oldschoolrocker likes this.
  11. guglemonster

Oddometer:
    annnnnnnnnnnnd CUT !!!!!!!!!!!!!

MAZINGA IS BACK !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

we redisigned the Mazinga invented in 2011 to fit the strainer only on 990 Adventures from which Godzilla was born, but the project has taken some vitamins and growth booster indeed !!!!!!!

IMG-20190403-WA0011.jpg

here compared to the pump

IMG_20190328_202919.jpg

here the whole video

why did we open up the KTM 790 BRAND NEW PUMP?
    weeeeel for the same reason that got sooooooo many 1190 stranded in the past years

IMG_20190331_214148.jpg

we opened up the pump with the Cutlery Trick, Jack the knife :)

IMG_20190331_214915-01.jpeg

and we will soon post the full video on-line

post production is a B !!!!!!!!!!!!!

what is the difference between a Mazinga and a neck prefilter (yes yes, we're working on it but KTM made sure it would not be an easy task !!!)

well let's get it down together

1. the level of protection achieved by a neck prefilter is far superior, talking about 12-15 microns depending on the Beta we want to take as "std" while Mazinga will work between 30 and 60 microns, again, we are deciding in these days according to the test we are running and LAB analysis, but it will be level if not slightly superior to the bottom strainer to keep it clean at all costs
    2. the neck filter works with no vacum, it will never cause stress to the fuel pump no matter how dirt or solied it will become, a Mazinga, even if the surface is GIGANTIC !!!! will eventually reach a certain saturation, when? I'm a genious not a magician :) :D:D:D:D:D for sure prefiltering at neck will basically prolong its life indefinetly, worse case scenario simply wash it, but for sure it's gonna last much much longer than the original setup :)
    3. neck filtration can separate water, Mazinga no, the media would be too restrictive causing the pump to work tooooo hard to pull fuel through it
    now, one very good thing about this desing, talking about the pump here, is that the FPR gives back the return pertrol at the bottom of the fuel pump well

this will never help in case contaminants already are inside, but, the total amount of fuel required every given second needed to pass through the Mazinga is smaller than the one that would pass through the strainer at the bottom, whye this? well simple, it is ALREADY inside the Mazinga huge volume, thus it doesn't need to drag all the time the surounding dirt in the tank.

this means that most of the dirt will simply sit on top of the media with almost no "forces" that are trying to drag it inside the media itself, thus no pore occlusion at deeper lever but only pore "reduction" with positive overall filtration efficiency

damn, I'm going too technical on you again.... sorry guys

the main reasin a Mazinga cannot sobstitute a good neck fitlration is that basically is a Gigantic Strainer under GAMMA Rays :) and steroids, but is "just" a strainer :) it needs protection.

yep is huge, yes it can be cleaned, yes no slow refueling.............. yes to all of it

up to you !!!! :)

we're working at the neck prefilter as I type, just that the shape is a mess to work with.

BTW, the Mazinga family encloses also other products now
  12. guglemonster

Oddometer:
    hahah what are the ODDS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

an article talkking about the fantastic AJP PR7 and we launched the filter system and neck filter for it

we have two customers that are traveling around the world with them, Bart and Peter, and Telmo at AJP himself helped us to make a very easy installation system

Peter was the best, the sent us the pump that died on him after the "stan" trips....

here we go

neck filter, you simply take the flange off and mount it below,

M19006-3.jpg M19006-7.jpg M19006-9.jpg

and the Mazinga for the fuel pump

MFPMAJ-1.jpg

the system includes an out-of tank filter upgrade too, the original one, also out of the tank, is way too small and let me be frank, not protective enough :)

cheers
  13. guglemonster

Oddometer:
    and last but not least !!!!!!!!!!!

KTM 690 and Husky 701 Mazinga too

it can be combined with our MRT093 (92 for older models) Rally System

IMG_20190327_163224-01.jpeg IMG_20190327_163737-01.jpeg IMG_20190327_165656-01.jpeg

big enough??

cheers
    Gadjodilo likes this.
  14. guglemonster

Oddometer:
    I'll be damned

the blasted tube cut the video, or my stupid computer did it............ whatever, sorry guys, video is practically useless........... will rework it again, next 10 hours of post production

sorry

cheers
  15. guglemonster

Oddometer:
    damn the tube

video finally out

Themastermike likes this.
  16. guglemonster

Oddometer:
    theailer likes this.
  17. guglemonster

Oddometer:
    Post production is really a BIG B!!!!!!!!!!!!!

having only one computer, ancient machine indeed it is but damn it goes like a Swiss CLOCK, takes its toll

I shall do a crowd funding for my next media machine ahahaah

PREPARE THE CUTLERY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

this is my way, like I said before, make no mistake and don't hart yourselves, but it worked so far flawlessly.

enjoy

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
    Oldschoolrocker likes this.
  18. guglemonster

Oddometer:
  19. Oldschoolrocker

Oldschoolrocker a.k.a. EZE Supporter

Oddometer:
    guglemonster likes this.
  20. guglemonster

Oddometer:
    @Oldschoolrocker mate, thank you

this is the only reason "AI" keep doing this...... :) but at the end of the day, I AM THE MAN, and all the stress and the infinite problems is mostly washed away from all the support and great feedback from you guys :)

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

cheers