fuel filtration system in or below fuel cap for KTM, BMW and others

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by guglemonster, Apr 2, 2015.

1. guglemonster

guglemonster Crivens!!! Supporter

Oddometer:
    BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM BABY

easy peasy, how to mount our latest Neck Fuel Filter design for the KTM 790 Adventure

2 minutes jobs top.... three if you have to clean up before your wife will see the mess you left AGAIN on the kitchen table !!

yep, code is M27906-ARM.... nope, it's not yet on the e-shop..... what the BELL, either I work, film, edit or post things online, got only 5 arms ME...

:D:D:D:D:D:D

reinforced, super big, following the shape of the tank, and according to our design, should also be very very fast at refueling.. you will tell me soon enough

cheers
  2. yosso

yosso We gotta go now. Supporter

Oddometer:
    Very nice.

Sorry for the earlier fat finger typo.
    guglemonster likes this.
  3. guglemonster

Oddometer:
    sorry you lost me here

what does it mean?

cheers
    yosso likes this.
  4. Oldschoolrocker

Oldschoolrocker a.k.a. EZE Supporter

Oddometer:
    @guglemonster I just wanted to say how much we appreciate your hard work on fuel filtration. We are just over 2600 miles on our trip now and the bike has never run so smooth. Crispy crispy power!! Thanks for all! 022D26F4-3048-4428-88DC-39904B199EBF.jpeg
    guglemonster likes this.
  5. guglemonster

Oddometer:
    very very very glad !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! we work extra hard to make the best and allow all the freedom possible and lack of troubles !!!!!!!!

wish we had the freedom to ride like this also in Italy !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

you should see the latest air filtration !!!!!!!!!!!!!! the DL 650/1000 will fell off their bikes !!!!!!!!!!!!

keep the photos coming !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

you made my day mate :)
    Oldschoolrocker likes this.
  6. Oldschoolrocker

Oddometer:
    Here you go!! White Rim trail MOAB UTAH Cheers!! 2ED776C5-D26B-4F18-82E8-4191CE8967BB.jpeg 81E6460F-3442-4116-974E-1B979A1548D1.jpeg B7634383-77D2-421E-8B7B-7FD0C061B616.jpeg
    guglemonster likes this.
  7. guglemonster

Oddometer:
    boi deh !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

we bloody ROCK AND RULE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NEVER BEFORE A BIKE HAD SOOOOOOO MUCH POWER AND PROTECTION AT THE SAME TIME !!!!!!!!!!!
  8. Captain Excellent

Captain Excellent +ll+

Oddometer:
    I've had about 11,000 km experience with the Camel Tank adaptor (on a KTM 1090R) after a three week trip to Baja and back. Some notes on use:
    - Best to fill the Camel Tank first. Some fuel will push up to the tank through the connection hose while filling the CT, so there needs to be room in the tank to take this fuel. I believe this is because the Gugaltech adaptor is so tight to the filler nozzle that there is no pressure relief back out the tank inlet
    - When filling must go slow
    - I found I have to angle the nozzle (when fully inserted into the CT) as far down and away from the CT air vent outlet or you'll get a spout of fuel out the CT's breather hose at the front of the bike. Even though the fit is fairly tight, some angle is possible. I left lots of fuel on the ground at filling stations due to this. Not so bad in Mexico, but I got a few dirty looks in California and at $1.70 a litre at home it probably costs me $0.30 each time it happens.
    - The Acerbis cap contacts with the filter neck when tightening, so I had to un-twist the filter every time I wanted to poke the nozzle into the filler adaptor on the CT
    - poking the nozzle into the tank is going to wear the filter and I'm worried it will tear eventually
    - Filler nozzles in California have a fume recovery neck which makes it very difficult to use slowly
    - More than once I had a spout of fuel splash back at me when I pulled the filler nozzle out of the CT adaptor. Not sure why but obviously there was a pressure buildup that couldn't vent back out beside the nozzle due to the tight fit
    - To top up the tank I had to do it with the nozzle fully out of the CT, and do it very slowly so I could see the fuel level in the filter at the neck.
    All in all it's not as bad as I make it seem from the list of issues above. Once you learn the nuances of how to use this system it's manageable, but not simple. Defiantly not for the faint of heart or short tempered rider. OCD will be your friend here.
    guglemonster likes this.
  9. guglemonster

Oddometer:
    thank you @Captain Excellent

we are trying to implement some modification, we hope to have some news soon enough

cheers and please keep the feedback coming :)
  10. Oldschoolrocker

Oddometer:
    Well 3700 miles are in the books and the bike ran flawlessly!! Best performance ever, still crispy as hell!! FCD7E010-2DAA-49AA-95F1-F8290998A57A.jpeg Cheers to you @guglemonster!! Your filters kick @ss !!! 47B27E40-3347-4C4F-89D9-A77C0C46FEB8.jpeg
    guglemonster likes this.
  11. guglemonster

Oddometer:
    hi Guys, thank you sooooo much for the gorgeous pics !!!
  12. guglemonster

Oddometer:
    IMG_20190525_132110_404.jpg IMG_20190525_132110_406.jpg

KTM 790 ADVENTURE, GREECE, a few 100 kms.... and you really think your bike doesn't need a Guglatech Fuel filter???

really???

smart up!! and protect your amazing bike
    0b2b44a56839172f75bebbfd50b546f8efd59e7463591237.jpeg

Guglatech Rocks !!!!
    Oldschoolrocker likes this.
  13. miken0vf

miken0vf Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Question with in tank filter.
    Bike is 1190r, Guglatech system installed including in tank filter.
    ? is, when bike is down on its side, theres excessive leakage from the cap, is this normal?
  14. guglemonster

Oddometer:
    Hi

the filter is not modifying the cap seal, I presume that the tank breather hose got unplugged

please check the OEM seal and if the breather hole is properly connected to the flange

keep me posted

thanks
  15. guglemonster

Oddometer:
  16. Oldschoolrocker

Oddometer:
    Because your shit Rocks and made life better I made a special sticker for the bike and put it in the “optimal” location. Cheers you Italian guru!! CF16F9BA-4133-49D6-B92B-79562505E29B.jpeg A30B3445-D181-481F-8E50-01CD56858A6A.jpeg I’m going to need more stickers!
    guglemonster likes this.
  17. guglemonster

Oddometer:
    hahahahah your are THE MAN hahaa

thank you very much ;)
  18. miken0vf

Oddometer:

well.... pulled it apart, made sure all is connected correctly, (yes it was) checked gasket for crackes etc, nothing found, took a spill today on the trail and still leaking like crazy, prob lost a ltr+ of fuel. next will be to remove filler neck filter and lay it over to test again.
  19. guglemonster

Oddometer:
    ImI sorry to hear that, we have no other cases like yours with any of our application, does it spill from between neck filler and tank or from the hoses? did you remove the check valve?

thank you for keeping me updated

cheers
  20. miken0vf

Oddometer:
    its coming from the filler... everything looks right though, neck filter fits fine, gasket in good shape and lined up, no missing bolts etc... inside of cap looks good, all looks right.