fuel filtration system in or below fuel cap for KTM, BMW and others

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by guglemonster, Apr 2, 2015.

1. Bonnie & Clyde

Bonnie & Clyde Wishing I was riding RTW

Oddometer:
    Book marked I will be ordering soon for my ktm 950
  2. guglemonster

guglemonster Crivens!!! Supporter

Oddometer:
    Hi

Thank you ;)

Cheers
  3. guglemonster

Oddometer:
    Hallooooooooooooooo everybody :)

sorry for being so late on news but had my hard time in EICMA looking for partners and special projects.

I have the pleasure to present the new Expedition Media 15 microns, water/petrol separation, with special adapter cap for the CJ Design Billet neck filler, KTM 1190/1290 ADV/SADV/SD

price is the same as for the 10 microns STD RNX filter, 45 euros shipped to the US, for example.

[​IMG]

it's a 20 square CM washable with "drop in" features :)

As for now, my newest Expedition Media products, both for petrol and tank breather, will be used on the MST WR 450 EFI Rally on the African Race

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4 tanks each bike, special set-up, EFI and advanced filtration system.

it's an honour to be part of this project :) it makes one proud

:D:D:D:D:D:D
    patrick2wd and Dutchgit like this.
  4. guglemonster

Oddometer:
    anybody looking for a late Xmas gift for your KTM ADV/SD or Triumph or Aprilia or KTM SD 690??
    well the new RAID design Expedition fuel filter kit is you baby than :)

Revolutionary fuel filter design RAID with Expedition filtering media, 15 microns, for KTM LC8 ADV/SD, Aprilia, Triumph

New innovative and exclusive RAID Filter Design with Expedition filter media, 15 microns with active water separation and very fast refueling time, special exclusive patended mounted which keeps the possibility to extract the filter from the fuel neck to emty it from contaminant or water after refueling.

This design was specially developped to be mounted on the ZADI Avio neck filler used for example on all KTM LC8 950/990 ADV, SD, Aprilia Caponord, Triumph T509 and 955.

The filter collar mounts with just one Inox bolt-screew using the existing hole in the plastic filler, the filter will simply be inserted in the collar and can be extracted any time to be cleaned or emptied from fuel contaminants like dirt and water.

Expedition Media and the dedicated design, makes refueling very fast. This design was created to obtain the perfect combination between easy mounting, fast filter cleaning, speedy refueling and correct EFI fuel pump and filter protection. This design is also the best system for carburetors motorbike both for street as well as adventure travels.

The kit includes one adapter/collar to be fixed to the neck filler, mounting kit plus spare, removable filter with special adapter and an almost 40 square cm big filtering surface.

[​IMG]

Dismount Avion cap and plastic filler neck removing the 4 screw, 3 outside, one inside (safety screw)

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Separate the two gasket to better clean them using paper or cloth with technical vaseline or silikon oil.

You will find the existing hole on the side of the neck filler, mount the collar with the included kit.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Mount the neck filler with cleaned up gaskets back into position witht the four screws.

N.B.

Should you have planned an Adventure trip, or do you usually take your bike on dirty tracks, I do recommend NOT to mount back the safety screw, it will allow you to dismount the cap even if the keylock is blocked due to dirt or fine sand, allowing you to clean it once off the bike but more important, allowing you to continue the trip being able to refuel. FYI on the KTM ADV 1190 SADV and SD 1290 such screw is no more present.

[​IMG]

Now you can simply insert the filter in the collar using the head of the huge fastener included in the kit to help you to open the filter once in position and push the adapter in the collar.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Check that the filter is in position and simply close the cap, done.

[​IMG]

45 euros shipped for example to US one tank, Aprilia o Triumph KIT
    75 euros shipped for example to the US for a KTM ADV LC8 two tanks KIT

Loui€ and ADVrider973 like this.
  5. guglemonster

Oddometer:
    Finaly I succeded in making the Expedition XXL filter for all Japanese motorbike flat so to be shipped in a std envelope

[​IMG]

it will fitt al fuel filler from Japanese motorbikes, Honda, Yamaha (in the foto above the XTZ1200 2015) Suzuki, Kawasaki

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

inside the tank the volume/filtering surface is huge, balck funnel represents the bottom side of the neck filler

[​IMG]

also

BMW R1100/1150 RT/R/S/RS/GS also 1200 untill 2007

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

if present simly remove this adapter and mount the filter

BMW and Japu, XXL 15 microns, it separates water and ca be exstracted simply pulling it out

new BMW R 1200 (untill 2013) or F800 (for the F800 the XL version costs only 40 euros shipped to the US), all models, GS, R, RS, S, RT

[​IMG]
    Here also we have an XXL design, 15 microsn ultra fast refueling

all the above mentioned filters cost, shipped to the US for example, 45 euros, Australia 50

more modesl coming up soon :)

thank you folks :)
  6. guglemonster

Oddometer:
    Here we go again :)

while experimenting and testing medias and solutions, I had to produce many kits for Carburetor motorbikes, and now I have a stock of material from the Next multilayer 25 microns high flow which I converted for bolt-on installation on all Avio Zadi fuel caps.

this caps are used on KTM 950/990 ADV, KTM 990 SD, KTM 690 SD after 2012, Triumph T509 and 955, Aprilia Caponord, Aprilia Tuono and many others.

[​IMG]
    the mounting is with a simple use an Inox bolt and nut in the existing hole of the plastic fuel tank.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

these filters are an perfect for carburetor bikes and can also be used on EFI motorbikes.

I alwasy recomend minimum 15 microns for EFI motorbikes, but better prefilter at 25 microns than simply refueling.

Double Tank such as KTM 950/990 XL filter (like in the attached pic) shipped to US (for example) two filters 30 euros, 35 euros Australia

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Single tank, such as Aprilia, Triumph, SD KTM, XXL, same size of the Expedition XXL (in the pic) but Next media, shipped to US (for example) 30 euros, 35 euros Australia

[​IMG]

I have very little stock of these filters therefore the super special price, so please don't wait too much to preserve your carburetor motorbike, or EFI, from dirty petrol and contaminants.

cheers
  7. Loui€

Loui€ Rides With Reindeer

Oddometer:
    Ciao Mr. FuelFilterMaster, and greetings from Finland! :-)

I have read this very interesting thread, and getting a bit confused now, too many options for simple me...
    You are so fast with your innovations!!!

so, what is your suggestion for me, and us alike:
    ktm model 990 adventure, year 2008, to scandinavia?

I need 2 washable filters for fuel tanks, 1 washable filter for fuel pump, and 1 mikrofilter outside for injectors (I have ITG foam filter, so plenty of room for that) ? I will make an order immediately as you tell what I need to order from you!

cheers!
  8. guglemonster

Oddometer:
    ahahahh hallo Loui€

there are sooooo many thing you can tinker with :)

let's start from the bottom end

for the external unit, check at your automotive spare part shop, the Ashika code is for Mazda e 3006623,

[​IMG]
    this will allow you to mount it either protected by the engine bush guard or behind the stearing pipe and before the ITG or at the back of the ITG

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

as for the washabel filters, there are 4 options

0 microns, to be sawn to the black plastick cap
    10 microns to be sawn to the black plastick cap
    15 microns fix or extractable, like in the previous post.

the 15 microns are the fastest the 0 microns the safest :)

for std use the 15 microns is perfect, it will imply a normal filter changing as per spec (40.000 km usually) and it will also separate water during refueling that can be removed with the extractable version.

10 and 0 microns will protect the whole system much better, the 0 will allow you to forget entirely that you posses a filter set up :)

don't forget also to check the o-ring set so that you can swap them and avoid paying too much for the original ones.
    15 euros for all orings, spare for the radial one and the quick disconnect.

please write to me an email for further info and ordering and info abou the fuel pump prefilter

guglatech@gmail.com

thank you

regards
    Loui€ likes this.
  9. Loui€

Loui€ Rides With Reindeer

Oddometer:
    email sent!
  10. guglemonster

Oddometer:
    It seems that my excess of "innovations" and new born is becoming a problem rather than a plus.

so I'd like to make a small summary of the today production and specials

starting from the EVERGREEN, the one and only, the QUEEN KTM ADV 950/990 :)

Next Media, bolt-on Raid fixed adapter.

KTM ADV 950 std fuel cap 25 microns (special offer quantity limited) with bolt on-adapter shipped to US 30 euros (TWO FILTERS) 35 euros to Australia

[​IMG]

KTM ADV 990 EFI std fuel cap NEXT media 0 micron to be sawn to the plastic adapter with lock wire 55 euros (TWO FILTERS) shiped to US, 60 to Australia (10 euros for the SAFARI adapters)
    KTM ADV 990 EFI std fuel cap NEXT media 10 micron to be sawn to the plastic adapter with lock wire 45 euros (TWO FILTERS) shiped to US, 50 to Australia (10 euros for the SAFARI adapters)
    KTM SD 990 EFI and SD 690 after 2012, both in 0 and 10 microns, 35 euros to US and 40 to Australia, shipped

[​IMG]

KTM 1190-1290 ADV, SADV, SD

Next Media RNX design 10 microns with drop-in adapter to be mounted below the fuel cap 45 Euros shipped to the US, 50 to Australia

[​IMG]

KTM 1190-1290 ADV, SADV, SD

Expedition Media 15 microns 80 sq CM XXL with water separation while refueling with drop-in adapter to be mounted below the fuel cap 45 Euros shipped to the US, 50 to Australia

[​IMG]

Both versions can be ordered with specific CJDESIGN billet cap filler (works on all CJDESIGN cap, KTM 1190, KTM 990 and KTM 690) same price as the Expedition media with drop-in adapter, (PLEASE specify at order) 45 euros shipped to the US, 50 to Australia

KTM ADV STD fuel cap both 950/990 RAID extractable water separation Expedition 15 microns media, to be mounted with a simple INOX bolt, 75 euros (TWO FILTERS) shipped to US, 80 euros shipped to Australia

Triumph, Aprilia, KTM SD 990/690 (after 2012) 1 RAID adapter for ZADI fuel filler, extractable water separation Expedition 15 microns media, to be mounted with a simple INOX bolt 45 euros shipped to the US, 50 to Australia

[​IMG]

KTM ADV STD fuel cap both 950/990 RAID FIXED with water separation Expedition 15 microns media,XXL to be mounted with a simple INOX bolt, 55 euros (TWO FILTERS) shipped to US, 60 euros shipped to Australia

Triumph, Aprilia, KTM SD 990/690 (after 2012) 1 RAID adapter for ZADI fuel filler, XXL FIXED with water separation Expedition 15 microns media, to be mounted with a simple INOX bolt 35 euros shipped to the US, 40 to Australia

[​IMG]
    . [​IMG]

BMW R1200 GS/GSA (between 2007 and 2013), RT, S1000, XXL 15 microns Expedition, water separation at refueling, mounting under the fuel cap with Anodized Alu. rod 45 euro shiped to the US, 50 to Australia

BMW F 800 GS/GSA, R, F, all years, XL version 15 microns Expedition, water separation at refueling, mounting under the fuel cap with Anodized Alu. rod 35 euros shiped to the US, 40 to Australia

[​IMG]

BMW R1200 GS/GSA LC, RT and S1000 XR, XXL drop in adapter, 15 microns Expedition, water separation at refueling, insert directly in the fuel filler 50 euros to the US shiped, 55 euros to Australia

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

BMW R 1100-1150 and 1200 (untill 2007) metal fuel filler R-GS/GSA-RT, RS, S, XXL drop in adapter, 15 microns Expedition, water separation at refueling, insert directly in the fuel filler 50 euros to the US, 55 to Australia

[​IMG]

ALL Japanese motorbike and most modern big bore scooters, XXL drop in adapter, 15 microns Expedition, water separation at refueling, insert directly in the fuel filler, special Alu anodized neck to be adapted to the shape of the fuel filler and optimize mounting, 50 euros to the US, 55 to Australia

Mounts on all Yamaha XTZ 1200, Suzuki V-Strom (most), Honda CRF 1200 AT

[​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Yamaha XT 660 Z XXL drop in adapter, 15 microns Expedition, water separation at refueling, insert directly in the fuel filler, 50 euros to the US, 55 to Australia

[​IMG]

Special Adapter for all scre cap clock-cap, Safari, IMS, Clarcke, Acerbis, ADV rear tank, UK ADV front and rear tank.

Big and small fuel filler, XL Design, 40 sq cm, 15 microns, Expedition media, with water separation and High flow membrane 40 euros shipped to US 45 shipped to Australia

Special design for the Rear tank fuel adapter for KTM 690 XXL, 80 sq cm) 15 microns, Expedition media, with water separation and High flow membrane 45 euros shipped to US 50 shipped to Australia

other models, sorry, I'm starting to have tooooo many :), on request, feel free to contact me and I'll try to help you out

thank you all
    ADVrider973 and Loui€ like this.
  11. fishrman

fishrman Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    got mine today in the mail. just dropped it in and I'm on my way.
    Thanks guglemonster
  12. guglemonster

Oddometer:
    Hallo Mate,

thank to you and now enjoy the beast :)

wish you a gorgeous week-end

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
  13. guglemonster

Oddometer:
    well oh well, like they say in the movies, I've been caught with my pants down :)

I wanted for Chris first to tell me how the new KK product worked in the field, but another IN-Mate (:D:D:D:D) asked me about the Safari version with the 15 microns Expedition membrane derived from the RAID line (I must really express myself like a deaf goose in my colored English here) :D:D:D:D:D, and I had to reveal my next generation.

so...tadaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa :jack:jack:jack:jack

the KK new generation is here.
    It comes from my experience and the analysis we are doing at the Wroclaw Institute of Technilogy University, Politechnika, while checking the media and their efficiency and while poking around trying to better the Beta ratio results I simply implemented the multi-stage concept of my 3D filters coupling two different medias.

[​IMG]

the two media are separated so that there is no spilling between them, water with a 95% efficiency will be blocked in the first layer with the high flow Expedition 15 microns media and than the fuel will flow through the second stage NEXT media than can be choosen between 10 or 0 microns accordingly to refueling speed needs. You may just pull them out and empty them simply flipping them up-side down.
    It can only works on clock tank, Safari, Acerbis, IMS, Clarcke, big mouth adapter included.
    CJ design adapter for STD tanks is also possible, but I do recommend the combination with the 10microns due to the non linear tank shape/volume of the original ADV fuel tanks.

[​IMG]

Please do forgive me, I am still trying to firure out the prices, hope with the time I can somehow get a better ones.

as for now, considering it's two filters combined in one package

KK 15/0 EN (15 and 0 micron media) including adapter and shipment twin set 90 euros shipped to US
    KK 15/10 EN ((15 and 10 micron media) including adapter and shipment twin set 80 euros shipped to US

Like already wrote before, any Media can be mounted to the screw cap adapters, so if you just want a single media name the adapter :)

thank you :)

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
  14. bikyto

bikyto Dans le doute...gaz!

Oddometer:
    I'm working on it

:D
    guglemonster likes this.
  15. guglemonster

Oddometer:
    ahahahhahha sorry mate, once with the pants down you either get to work or run !!!

ahahhahaha

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

BTW, are you proud?? KK is in you honour ahahah :)
  16. bikyto

Oddometer:
    I'm working on it of course. Had to get a water pump rebuilt first. otherwise I can't get the gas to test them ahah
    :-)
    guglemonster likes this.
  17. guglemonster

Oddometer:
    here some pics of Bikyto Tank/filters

[​IMG]

any doubts that they are small??

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

thabk you Chris you're the best mate :)

pst.. nice triple clamp and scott there ehheheh where did you say you live??

AHHAAHAH
  18. bikyto

Oddometer:
    :katAntarctica :ksteve
    guglemonster likes this.
  19. Themastermike

Themastermike Think you caught me in a coma Supporter

Oddometer:
    anyone take any other pictures of installing on a ktm 990 adventure with the wire install method?
  20. bikyto

Oddometer:
    I just saw that!!!
    I'm honored... Beyond belief.
    :clap:gdog:lol3
    guglemonster likes this.