Fuel strip fix?

Discussion in 'GS Boxers' started by wjrudo, Nov 29, 2012.

1. dad2bike

dad2bike Retired! Cranky Old Fart Supporter

Oddometer:
    I recall having some lag in display response to any fuel strip changes I had done in the past. Including the SIM fooler I put on.

My float conversion is working fine. Although I can't speak to the accuracy of the mileage etc as I'm on a GS with a GSA tank. I'm hoping that the ECU will learn about the longer range as I go along.
  2. markherman

markherman Louisianaman Supporter

Oddometer:
    Where did you source or buy the float fix for your set-up?
  3. dad2bike

dad2bike Retired! Cranky Old Fart Supporter

Oddometer:
    I ended up buying a new float. GSA floats are hard to come by. GS floats are plentiful.
    That said. I already had a GS float and before installing the GSA I fabricated a GSA arm that would easily swap into place. The sender is the same with just a longer float arm.
    Back a couple pages is the links to the process.
    It requires also getting Motoscan Ultimate app as well as the OBDLink LX and BMW adapter cable. (secondary benefit. I now can turn off my TPMS when I put my dirt wheels on)
    The pictures of the rewire of the ECU connector do not do justice for how difficult that is.
    I may be doing another of these for a friend. When I do I'll take some pictures to point out the finer points of the process.