Full Throttle Touring - 150 through the Rocket City

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Day Trippin'' started by klaviator, Dec 29, 2010.

1. ZigzagguzzI

ZigzagguzzI Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    A little ride,,,,a cleansing ride for the body and soul!..
    klaviator likes this.
  2. 15's Pop

15's Pop Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Bahhahahaha!!!
    klaviator likes this.
  3. klaviator

klaviator Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    The idea of a true sport scooter that could really rip on a twisty road does appeal to me and has for a long time. Some time ago Peugeot made a really cool small sport scooter. It was only a 125 but it was supercharged!

[​IMG]

Now that looks like a blast. The Smax was a pretty sporty scooter as well. The Smax was definitely sportier, and faster than the Like but the Like feels more like a tiny, lightweight scooter and is more comfortable. If someone offers a really sporty small scooter that I fit on I'd be seriously tempted.

For now I'll be putting miles on the Like and my other two bikes. My next big event will be riding down to Barber for the Vintage fest. I expect to go on Friday and Saturday.

I'm still thinking about buying a dual sport bike but am not in a big rush. I just want it to be ready to go (farkled and broken in) by spring.

A couple more pics of the Jet Force:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  4. klaviator

Oddometer:
    I have a big chunk of time starting the 14th of October where I have no commitments! I need to come up with some ideas for a trip.....or trips! Probably going to head for the Blue Ridge mountains but Arkansas is also a possibility.
    Heatery and zookster like this.
  5. MYUMPH

MYUMPH 'Ol Timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    I was really hoping to get back out to SW Va in October, but some things have changed here at home, and I can't seem to get away for any overnight stuff.
    klaviator likes this.
  6. klaviator

Oddometer:
    CMS, strommonster and CROSSBOLT like this.
  7. black 8

black 8 coddiwompling motographer

Oddometer:
    well wishes sent his way...
    CMS and klaviator like this.
  8. popscycle

popscycle Fahren Away Super Supporter

Oddometer:
  9. Sirkitrider

Sirkitrider n00b

Oddometer:
  10. Sirkitrider

Sirkitrider n00b

Oddometer:
    Thoughts and prayers for Jerry. Met him at Maggie Valley scooter ride. Nice fellow. Hope he is recovering.
    Sirkitrider
  11. MYUMPH

MYUMPH 'Ol Timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Hope Jerry will be ok and heal up well and soon.
    CMS likes this.
  12. klaviator

Oddometer:
    The news on Jerry is not good but could be worse. This was posted by @Bar None in another thread:

From Copper Knoxville on FB regarding Jerry's injuries and crash.

"His left femur has an external brace, that bone was through the skin. Left lower leg has fractures to tib/fib at his ankle. Another external brace on his right lower leg. Not sure if it's both or just one bone. Bi-lateral fractures in his pelvis, not displaced, fortunately. Fractures to both upper arms, not sure of the severity. No known head or spine issues. Has low blood pressure. Has a liver laceration causing some internal bleeding. Have him intubated (breathing tube) and sedated on some strong stuff. He was wearing gear so no skin loss/rash of note. Goal is to get him stable and transferred down here. He was coming through Bean Station when it happened. The life flight helicopter that got to him is owned by a medical network that owns the hospitals in the Tri Cities so they flew him back up there. Was coming back from VA on a Ninja 400 that he bought used from a dealer up there. Took a 1 way car rental to get it and wanted to ride it home. He was riding alone. He hit a Honda Pioneer UTV that crossed the street in front of him."

Jerry will most likely have a rough couple of months ahead of him. He is around 75 years old so he won't be back out riding in a couple of months but I would expect him to be back out by next spring. I have ridden with Jerry several times and certainly hope to ride with him again in the future.
    black 8, CMS, strommonster and 5 others like this.
  13. Sirkitrider

Sirkitrider n00b

Oddometer:
    From Copper Knoxville on FB regarding Jerry's injuries and crash.

"His left femur has an external brace, that bone was through the skin. Left lower leg has fractures to tib/fib at his ankle. Another external brace on his right lower leg. Not sure if it's both or just one bone. Bi-lateral fractures in his pelvis, not displaced, fortunately. Fractures to both upper arms, not sure of the severity. No known head or spine issues. Has low blood pressure. Has a liver laceration causing some internal bleeding. Have him intubated (breathing tube) and sedated on some strong stuff. He was wearing gear so no skin loss/rash of note. Goal is to get him stable and transferred down here. He was coming through Bean Station when it happened. The life flight helicopter that got to him is owned by a medical network that owns the hospitals in the Tri Cities so they flew him back up there. Was coming back from VA on a Ninja 400 that he bought used from a dealer up there. Took a 1 way car rental to get it and wanted to ride it home. He was riding alone. He hit a Honda Pioneer UTV that crossed the street in front of him."

... Other than that … he's fine! Geez. Man that's some serious stuff … really hate to hear this ... many months of Rehab ahead. Many prayers for Jerry's complete recovery. Thanks for the update.

Sirkitrider
    gulfcoaster, CROSSBOLT and klaviator like this.
  14. klaviator

Oddometer:
    Next weekend is the Vintage Fest at Barber. I plan on going Friday and Saturday. Besides all the cool stuff I expect to see there I'm hoping to meet a bunch of people I know there. If you are following this thread and plan on going let me know, maybe we can meet up.

After that the forecast is for some cooler weather so I expect to do some local rides, maybe even a short trip the week after Vintage Fest. The weekend after Vintage fest I have a wedding to go to so no riding that weekend. After that I should be open to ride:ricky:ricky October and November tend to be great months for riding around here.
  15. Heatery

Heatery Worry free by mile 3.

Oddometer:
    I will be there all 3 days. Hope to see you.
    Mr munch
    B10Dave, gulfcoaster and klaviator like this.
  16. gulfcoaster

gulfcoaster Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I went last year for the first time and loved it. I would be going this year, but I got tickets to the Braves playoff games in Atlanta Thursday and Friday, and wont be back until later Saturday.
  17. CROSSBOLT

CROSSBOLT Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    You put a BALL GAME above motorcycles? For shame!
    klaviator likes this.
  18. ultrasheen

ultrasheen vox nihili Supporter

Oddometer:
    To be fair, the Braves in the playoffs is a rare thing...
    gulfcoaster and klaviator like this.
  19. CMS

CMS Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Thoughts and prayers for TC and family, glad he had his riding gear on , hope for as speedy recovery as possible. cms
  20. klaviator

Oddometer: