Full Throttle Touring - 150 through the Rocket City

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Day Trippin'' started by klaviator, Dec 29, 2010.

1. klaviator

klaviator Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    I don't miss flying. I do miss some of the views I sometimes got. I saw a lot of spectacular light shows when there were T storms around and I got to see some great sunrises. I never saw any sunsets because I always took off way after sunset. If I was still working I'd be sleeping right now and my alarm clock would jolt me awake in about 25 minutes......No thanks.

I would have been sleeping instead of out riding a little while ago. I decided I have been neglecting the Versys so I took it for a ride.

Cools clouds. The potential for a spectacular sunset was there.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

A train came by and made me think of @popscycle . It wasn't close enough for really good pics but I did have my Sony with its 50x zoom.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Unfortunately the clouds were in the wrong place tonight. The sunset was nothing special.

[​IMG]

All of these pics except the two of the train were taken with my Olympus camera. It's not that I didn't take a bunch of pics with the Sony but the Olympus despite not having much of a zoom just takes better pics.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    zookster, B10Dave, popscycle and 10 others like this.
  2. JRowland

JRowland reaching for the sky Supporter

Oddometer:
    The Olympus pictures have better color. I'd bet you can make the Sony do the same thing. I'm far from an expert, I use an iPhone lol. Nice pics, taking them is the important part, and sharing :-)
    Chillis, norton73, klaviator and 2 others like this.
  3. klaviator

Oddometer:
    Maybe I could but I haven't figured it out yet. Most of the time I don't even bring the Sony along. When I do I still end up mostly posting pics taken with the Olympus. The Olympus is way more convenient to use and as you mentioned it shows the colors better.

Here's a pic I forgot to post. Very interesting clouds.

[​IMG]

Here's some I took with the Sony. I had to do a lot of processing to make these look the way they do.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  4. klaviator

Oddometer:
    I'm all packed up and ready to hit the road by 7 tomorrow morning:rayof I'll be back six days later. I'll post a few phone pics but the ride report will be done after I return.

:happay
  5. Dirt Road Cowboy

Dirt Road Cowboy I aim to misbehave.

Oddometer:
    :clap
    Chillis and klaviator like this.
  6. black 8

black 8 motographer

Oddometer:

I know you'll have fun while out... looking fwd to the pics afterwards...