Full Throttle Touring - 150 through the Rocket City

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Day Trippin'' started by klaviator, Dec 29, 2010.

1. TheSweeper

TheSweeper Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the efforts! I’ve tried editing video a few times and found it to be a huge amount of work.
  2. Thinwater

Thinwater Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    You're welcome, its a joy to ride with you and the other suspects, I hope you enjoy watching the replay.
  3. klaviator

klaviator Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the video Stephen. I enjoy getting the chance to be able to look back on the good times. That's one reason I do ride reports. While I'm more into photos your videos give a feel for the ride that my pics just can't. I'm looking forward to the rest of the videos. I know that shooting and editing the videos is a lot of work.
    Chillis, 2372ighost, B10Dave and 6 others like this.
  4. klaviator

Oddometer:
    I've mostly been riding the Like lately. It was time to get out on the KLX so I headed over to Wheeler.

[​IMG]

Nothing challenging or exciting but there is something relaxing about riding on the dirt/gravel and enjoying the scenery.

Soon I was riding along the Tennessee River.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I took this same shot with my Like in it a few days ago. There's still some leaves on the trees.

[​IMG]
  5. klaviator

Oddometer:
    I moved to a different spot after the sun went down.

[​IMG]

The best shots often come well after the sun has disappeared. That was the case this evening.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Skooter, Redoubt, jon_l and 24 others like this.
  6. JRowland

JRowland reaching for the sky Supporter

Oddometer:
    Sliver moon and an airplane (fitting) in that 1st shot is real nice. Beautiful Win :thumb
    Chillis, chethro, 2372ighost and 6 others like this.
  7. Thinwater

Oddometer:
    Really good photo's I like the reflective ones off the water and the silhouette of the bike. Especially the one with the water tower silhouette.
    Chillis, dp064, 2372ighost and 2 others like this.
  8. klaviator

Oddometer:
    Chillis, dp064, gulfcoaster and 5 others like this.
  9. norton73

norton73 drinkin' in the garage Supporter

Oddometer:
    Chillis, dp064, gulfcoaster and 3 others like this.
  10. gulfcoaster

gulfcoaster Long timer

Oddometer:
    Probably half of the RR's I follow(ed) came from being linked or mentioned here. Thank you for that @klaviator There's been some really good ones I would have probably missed out on otherwise.
    Chillis, JRowland, dp064 and 3 others like this.
  11. Thinwater

Oddometer:
    Chillis, 2372ighost, JRowland and 6 others like this.
  12. klaviator

Oddometer:
    Happy New Year everyone! Hopefully this year will be better than 2020.

As I have done for years I checked all my odometers and added up my mileage for the year.

So here's my mileage for 2020 by bike:

Like 150i - 3941
    KLX 250 - 3766
    Versys - 3095
    Majesty - 2814

The Like came out on top for a second year in a row but the KLX was not far behind and I only got it in June.

That gives me a total of over 13,600 miles for 2020. That's over 2000 miles less than 2019 but not bad considering everything that happened in 2020. 2020 started with my dad being in the hospital and passing away in March. About a week later COVID hit and things started shutting down. I didn't not do a lot of riding the first four months of the year but after that I had a pretty good year. I went on several out of town trips to Georgia, Tennessee and North Carolina. I set up some events which worked out pretty well.
    The Maggie Valley Beat the Heat Scooter ride drew 30 people despite being during the Pandemic. I'm planning on doing that again this year.

The Tellico Plains Dual sport ride was amazing with a good turnout and spectacular fall colors. That's another one I plan on repeating this year.

It was also a lot of fun exploring middle Tennessee and doing a bunch of group rides there. There is so much great riding close enough for a day ride and there is still a lot more to explore.

I also appreciate all the response and contributions many of you have made to this thread. I hope that continues this year as well. Hopefully I'll have some interesting rides to post soon but it will probably be slow for another month or so.
  13. Reconstructed

Reconstructed Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I wasn’t able to make it to last years Beat the Heat ride, but I hope to be there this year for at least two days. Seems like a premier event in my opinion.
  14. Rusty Rocket

Rusty Rocket Life behind "Bars"

Oddometer:
    Looking forward to more of your pictures. I also believe that you and I will ride together this year. :nod
  15. klaviator

Oddometer:
    I hope you can make it. I will start planning for it in a few months. It will be in July or August.
    2372ighost, Chillis, dp064 and 2 others like this.
  16. klaviator

Oddometer:
    I expect to take a few trips to NC this year so we should be able to make that happen. Besides the Beat the Heat Scooter ride in Maggie Valley I plan on getting up there on my KLX. My first ride report on this forum was a week of dual sport riding out of Maggie Valley and Andrews, NC. It's been a few years since my last dual sport ride in that area so it's high on my list.
    Thinwater, Stubanger, Chillis and 5 others like this.
  17. Reconstructed

Reconstructed Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Awesome. I don’t have any vacation planned during that time, but if it’s a mid-week ride like last time, I can make it. That’s one of the few benefits of having days off during the week.
  18. norton73

norton73 drinkin' in the garage Supporter

Oddometer:
    Hope to be able to ride with you some this year. Once the days get longer, I hope to see some of those TN roads you rode last year. 2 hours riding just to get to the start point with short days just didn't appeal. And hopefully get up to TN/NC next year too.
    Thanks for sharing your reports and pictures with us, been great to read along.
    Thinwater, Chillis, dp064 and 3 others like this.
  19. JRowland

JRowland reaching for the sky Supporter

Oddometer:
    Happy New Year Win! It was a breath of fresh air meeting and riding with you and your friends last year. Can’t wait for more! Thank you for all that you do for this community, you truly are an ambassador. And thank you for taking the time to take, edit, and post the beautiful pictures that help keep me sane when I can’t be out riding. I’ve had more smiles from your posts than you have miles in 2020 and I appreciate that.
    klaviator, Thinwater, chethro and 8 others like this.
  20. klaviator

Oddometer:
    Here's what I'm thinking for 2021.

January will probably be slow. I've got some projects around the house and bike maintenance to take care of and January weather is typically not the best for riding anyway. Hopefully February will bring some nice weather and I'll set up some local rides.

March Moto Madness is at the end of March and some one has already started a thread for that on the MA forum. Regardless, a spring trip to Tellico will happen.

I will try to do a trip to Deal's Gap in the off season. I'll probably take the Like.

Moab in May is a strong possibility. @simbaboy and a bunch of riders go to Moab every spring so I'm tentatively planning on that. @Raptorman and @2372ighost have both expressed interest in that as well. maybe we can get a group? If I go all the way to Moab I will most likely make it a 2 week trip and ride somewhere else as well.

June - September. I'm hoping to do several rides/trips during that time. I already mentioned the Beat the Heat scooter ride and a dual sport ride out of Maggie Valley. I'm also thinking a sport ride on the Versys basing out of Little Switzerland. I'd also like to go ride West Virginia. It's been a few years since I ride there.

October. I always try to ride as much as possible in October because of the colors. I'm planning on a dual sport ride out of Tellico like this year.

And of course I'm planning on setting up a bunch of local rides, especially into middle Tennessee just like this year. They will be both dual sport and street rides. I'm also hoping to learn some of the dual sport riding in NW Alabama but until I do I can always follow @Thinwater around that area.

I got the chance to meet and ride with a lot of people on ADV. I hope to do that again this year. If you see something I am planning on this thread and want to meet up, please post it up. I will often gladly modify my plans to to make a meeting happen.

I also hope that this thread will keep going strong. If you have something to contribute to this thread, don't feel like you are hijacking it. One of the things I really like about Forums as opposed to a typical blog is that it's more of a two way conversation rather than one way lecture.

That's it for now. I hope to see many of you on the road this year!
    Skooter, Thinwater, chethro and 15 others like this.