1. AVOID SCAMMERS!
      (1) Do not transact without protections in place! Different payment options may limit your payment protection
      (2) Use a payment service like PayPal WITH (!) purchase protection.
      (3) Terms like 'Friends and Family' are a warning that NO payment protection exists.
      (4) Avoid transactions with new members with no history and "family or friend of friend" offers.
      (5) If you do not understand the payment method you're being asked to use; stop and do not proceed until you do
      (6) If you receive a suspicious private message, click the "report" link and let us know!
    LISTINGS MUST INCLUDE: Price, Location, Product Description(s) and NO Links to CL or EBAY or your post will not be allowed. Read the rules!

Withdrawn From Sale Gaerne Dakar boots, brand new, size 42

Discussion in 'Gear: Stuff You Wear' started by amol, May 27, 2021.

1. amol

amol Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Price: $310

Size US 8 is just a bit too snug for me. Never worn outside of trying them out at home a couple of times. You can see the original tag still attached. WP_20210527_15_46_57_Raw_LI.jpg WP_20210527_15_47_07_Raw_LI.jpg WP_20210527_15_47_15_Raw_LI.jpg WP_20210527_15_47_21_Raw_LI.jpg

$310 + shipping However, I do not have Paypal, Venmo or CashApp etc.

So unless you are local to San Francisco or willing to risk Zelle this is not going to work out.
    cblais19 likes this.
  2. amol

amol Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    bump
  3. MotoJimJim

MotoJimJim Adventurer

Oddometer:
    What size feet are you normally? Or I guess with other moto brand boots what size are you?
  4. amol

amol Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I'm a size 8.5 US. I wear size 42 Daytona Roadstars right now.
  5. MotoJimJim

MotoJimJim Adventurer

Oddometer:
    D'oh....I am also a 42 in Daytona Roadstar...Boots size are so weird. I am a 42 in Sidi, but a 43 in Dainese. Alpinestars are all over the place depending on the model I am either a 41 or 42.

How would you compare the Daytona Roadstar vs Gaerne Dakar?
  6. amol

amol Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    So, my Roadstars are very old, so they're already quite a bit looser than the Dakars. I find that Dakars are just a bit snugger around the toes. They have loosened up a bit from wearing around the house but if you are the same size as I am, it would probably be better to size up one, unless you can find a pair locally to try on first.

My main problem is that I seem to have a really tiny ankle or something because going up one size will probably make my heel move more freely than I would like. Everything else fits really well in this boot. With that in mind, I will probably stick with this pair if it doesn't sell before I set off on my rides this summer. Even my Roadstar is a bit floppy around the heel for my liking, I've just been too cheap/lazy to get another boot.

For reference, Forma Terra Evo X in 42 are loose around the heel for me, but comfortable otherwise.

I love the Roadstars though and would buy another pair if they had good protection, especially around the ankle. In fact, I would buy an ADV Daytona in a heartbeat if they made one. But this Dakar is a solid, solid value for money in my opinion. Comparable Formas were about 70 dollars more from CycleGear here in the US. For an actual Italian-made boot, that's pretty great.

As far as fit and finish goes though, the Dakars are very well made, so no complaints there. Nice, solid construction. Easy to walk around in ( just indoors on my carpet so far :) ) . Obviously not like a real MX boot, but enough for my needs.

hope that helps ! Good luck with your hunt
  7. MotoJimJim

MotoJimJim Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the feedback. I feel the same way about the Daytona Roadstar. The Daytona Evo Voltex seems to be the ADV Roadstar, but there's no where local to try and is quite an investment.
  8. amol

amol Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    bump
  9. amol

amol Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    bump
  10. amol

amol Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    bump
  11. hiddenMeadow

hiddenMeadow Adventurer

Oddometer:
    \Nice boots. There is definitely a sizing difference in Italian sizes and US. Someplaces a 42 is a 9. My Gaerne’s have become too tight on one foot.. I brought them, a 42 as wore 8.5. 3 years ago. Snug but comfy then, now too tight.

Anyway the Gaernes are very nice boots, My pair kept my feet dry.
    Good luck with the sale!
  12. amol

amol Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    bump
  13. amol

amol Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    bump
  14. amol

amol Been here awhile

Oddometer: