Game Changer ! Yamaha Ténéré 700 / @motogeo Review

Discussion in 'Japanese polycylindered adventure bikes' started by Sal Pairadice, Jun 11, 2020.

1. ADStryker

ADStryker Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Yep. I've done a little math on the available numbers, and it appears to me that the 701LR with a full tank weighs about 380 lb. Add a decent wind screen to it, beef up the "subframe" and add passenger pegs, and it will probably be within 10 lbs the same weight as the dual-disk 640 Adventure (remove one of those disks and calipers and the weight drops by about 6 lbs). The stronger and smoother engine would be a plus, but it won't be a lot lighter. Maybe 15 lb lighter if you're okay with no pillion capability and no pannier racks.
    Adanac rider likes this.
  2. Adanac rider

Adanac rider O.S.T.R. Supporter

Oddometer:
    Yes Husqvarna listed it as 155 kg's wet no fuel. so 341 lbs + the 4.5 ( t-7 capacity) gallons x 6.3 = 369.5 . Add some wind protection and pannier capability makes the LR about 400 lbs . I would pick this bike over the the T7 if I did more mild single track and less Hiway .
  3. ADStryker

ADStryker Adventurer

Oddometer:
    My conclusion as well. For most people, with long highway transit sections necessary to get to a BDR or TAT or Continental Divide trail or whatever, the T7 will probably be the better choice, but the 701LR would not be a bad choice.
    Adanac rider likes this.