Garage in Reno?

Discussion in 'West – California, the desert southwest and whatev' started by revrandy, Nov 4, 2019.

1. revrandy

revrandy The Riding Rev.

Oddometer:
    I am trying to find a garage in the Reno area where I can work on my bike. It looks like my gasket seal is leaking on my '04 Tiger 955i. Unfortunately I live in an apartment with no covered parking.

Does anyone know of any shops that rent out bays?

Baring that, any ideas for a reasonably priced mechanic who could do the job for me? The Triumph dealer here hasn't instilled confidence in me, with what limited interactions I have had with them.

Thank you.
  2. dlock5

dlock5 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    What about renting a storage unit, or do you need tools also?
  3. revrandy

revrandy The Riding Rev.

Oddometer:
    I thought of a storage unit, but they don't have much lighting, if any. I'm okay for tools, it is just the space I need.
  4. tahoeacr

tahoeacr Long timer

Oddometer:
    What seal is leaking? Did you find somewhere?
  5. revrandy

revrandy The Riding Rev.

Oddometer:
    It looks like the valve gasket is leaking. The bike was stored for 2+ years before I bought it, my guess is it is dried out. A new one is on order.

As for garage space, not yet. Looking to take it to an independent garage and have them do it, spoke with the mechanic he said the repair should be straight forward.
  6. tahoeacr

tahoeacr Long timer

Oddometer:
    Valve cover gasket is easy fix. I'm on the South Shore of Tahoe. Got lots of light. Don't know if this is too far for ya.
    szurszewski likes this.
  7. revrandy

revrandy The Riding Rev.

Oddometer:
    Thank you. Not too far. The part is on order, when it comes in I will send you a message. Not sure your schedule, but I work weekends and have Mon / Tue off.