1. Hey everyone, We’re going to start a weekly email to surface interesting threads in the forums. No worries, you can easily unsubscribe if you don’t find it interesting. If you’re like me, it’s nice to have someone willing to poke around a big community like ours and find the most interesting stuff. Saves time and I hate missing something great. It worked really well when we had someone discovering the best photos for the home page rotation back in the day. And if you have something fascinating to post, maybe this email does everyone some good by getting it noticed. Let us know what you think when you get it. Your feedback will make it better as we go (thread). Thanks! Baldy & rudy1220
    Dismiss Notice

Garmin 64s

Discussion in 'GPS Tracks - Oz and Kiwi Land' started by Hemmo, May 20, 2016.

1. Hemmo

Hemmo Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Just wondering looking at getting another gps has anyone hardwired a 64s to there bike or is it even possible cheers
  2. Eagle`02

Eagle`02 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Should come with the standard cable from Garmin that can be hardwired to the battery or 12v wire. My 6o CSX did anyway :) Pretty sure it`s a standard thing for Garmin,,,, or at least it would be available to purchase separately
  3. Warin

Warin Retired

Oddometer:
    Err I think the 64 only has USB connector .. and those are very fragile for use on a motorcycle (or even a car).
    The 60 had a far more rugged connector.
  4. ubermick

ubermick Long timer

Oddometer:
    Yep, have a 64st for geocaching - and will only charge via USB
  5. 1190kid

1190kid out in the clean air

Oddometer:
    the 64s/t will run from the usb connector , will only charge the batteries if the push button behind the batteries is depressed, this can be done either by purchasing genuine battery pack or taping generic rechargeables together with a lump to activate the switch, 64's used in a RAM mount are very suitable for motorcycle use