Garmin 660 question

Discussion in 'Mapping & Navigation' started by Powershouse, May 17, 2018.

1. HarveyM

HarveyM Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    You know, somebody wanted it way back when....
  2. StuartV

StuartV Motorcyclist

Oddometer:
    Nope. It will stop displaying more after about 6 pages or so.
    KaptSlo likes this.
  3. Menhir

Menhir Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I had to deal with this on my ride up the Natches Trace a little while ago. Like the Blue Ridge Parkway, there are no stations along the road and no signs pointing to where they may be.

About 20 miles prior to the point where I would be looking for a station I'd set the 660 to constantly display nearby options. From time to time I'd select a possible candidate from the list to see how far and how long I'd actually have to ride to get there and how far off my route I'd have to travel.

Yes, the list shows distance as direction as the crow flies. A station may show as only 2 miles away, but the actual routing may take me 5 miles up the road to the next exit and then double back.

You just gotta keep checking.
    slane6 likes this.
  4. Dan Diego

Dan Diego Long timer

Oddometer:
    Keep experimenting. You’re talking about a couple different issues.

You can search for fuel stops along the route, though it’ll only show the closest 10-15. OR, you can search for stops NEAR your destination.

If you want or need fuel NOW, then there you go. If you want fuel in 200 miles, it’s a different search.

And the search continues to recalculate as you ride along, so it’ll show different results from your house and from a moving vehicle.
    StuartV likes this.