Garmin announces the new GPSMAP 276Cx

Discussion in 'Mapping & Navigation' started by mattebox, Oct 4, 2016.

1. Drif10

Drif10 Accredited Jackass

Oddometer:
    Interested to hear how you make out with it.

The air miles thing is a neat trick.
  2. Garry H

Garry H Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    You would be better off spending your air miles on something that works.. not wasting them !!
    250senuf likes this.
  3. Corona

Corona Dreaming of Dreaming

Oddometer:
    My 60CSx is not long for this world and my TAT ride is in a couple of weeks. If this was 'real money' I might have been wiser with my purchasing, but as I never feel like miles are worth anything I thought I would give it a go.
  4. Garry H

Garry H Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Why not buy a montana ...They work fine...Or if you like buttons the GPSmap64s is a good replacement for the 60CSx and miles better
    The 64s is a more responsive than the montana ...I like mine...I had a 60CSx then a 62s now a 64s these units just keep getting better
  5. Eltjo

Eltjo Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Firmware 3.50 is out.
    Raconnol, ohgood, Tork and 1 other person like this.
  6. Lobby

Lobby Viel Spass, Vato!

Oddometer:
    :lurk
    Tork likes this.
  7. ohgood

ohgood Just givver tha berries !!!

Oddometer:
    well, did they fix it ?
  8. chris_sav

chris_sav Adventurer

Oddometer:
  9. bigboyxl

bigboyxl Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    So the SW ver. 3.50 is out...
    Any useful fixes?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  10. CLANTECH

CLANTECH At work...

Oddometer:
    Is nobody using it anymore?

Hanging around, planning my next trip.
  11. mudbreeder

mudbreeder Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Changes made from version 3.40 to 3.50:

Fixed issue where the Automotive mode data fields would be shown after power up while in Marine mode.
    Fixed issue on 'Currents' chart where 'ft' was sometimes the y-axis units which should always be a velocity.
    Fixed issue where the flash count wasn't being shown on the review page for buoys.
    Fixed issue where searching for address by State, Street Number, and Street Name would not always find the address.

I had some issues finding an address when multiple maps are loaded, address search works as it should now, the rest of the announced fixes are for marine use.
    This is 1 improvement but still needs more issues fixed to become the legend they claim it to be
    bigboyxl and CLANTECH like this.
  12. bigboyxl

bigboyxl Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Same here, excited to see if the search will work properly now
    I'm on the last day of the 2 weeks trip so will test if there are any other changes and the report is coming also ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    pepebayeta likes this.
  13. speednut

speednut Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Please let us know how it works. I am hoping that they get fixed I am needing one and this is the one I want also.
  14. Dave Funk

Dave Funk talent scout

Oddometer:
    I have been testing a 276cx against the nav 5 that came with my BMW. Aside from it being slow to recalculate, it does not show up coming streets in the address bar at the top. Also it can't calculate ETA's with any accuracy. The nav 5 is always nuts on but the 276cx is as much as 2 hours longer to destination, basicly unusable.
    Lobby likes this.
  15. Eltjo

Eltjo Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hm, strange. I do get upcoming streets in the adress bar and also the same ETA as on my Monterra. Maybe a setting?
  16. Dave Funk

Dave Funk talent scout

Oddometer:
    It's in the address bar even when you are not navigating a route? The ETA is far off of the correct time displayed on my Nav 5, yours is accurate? Maybe my unit is defective.
  17. BlueLghtning

BlueLghtning Riding is my passion

Oddometer:
    Peachtree City, GA and Full Time RV Travel
    I would think the navigation time is dependent on the accuracy, algorithims and over all version of the mapsoftware that is loaded. I don't think it would be unit dependent much at all. This version of mapping software might also control the address bar also? @Dave Funk, are you using multiple maps in your 276cx or at the least a different version of City Navigator than what is in the Nav 5?
  18. Dave Funk

Dave Funk talent scout

Oddometer:
    the nav 5 came preloaded. I bought the city navigator micro sd from Garmin for the 276cx. I am going to try another city navigator sd card and see if that fixes it
  19. Dave Funk

Dave Funk talent scout

Oddometer:
    a different card, a 2013 city navigator micro sd works perfectly. I think its the card, called Garmin they are sending a new one
  20. Dave Funk

Dave Funk talent scout

Oddometer:
    Its not the card, new card same as the old card. Spent 1.5 hours on phone with Garmin, did factory reset, changed settings all to no avail. When both units are set to faster time routing to the same destination, the Nav 5 is correct, the 276cx takes a longer route. I then tried making the 276cx take the same route by editing the via and it was still off. Anyone else having these issues? These do show better detail than Zumos thats why I even bother with this. I will just have to use two units