Garmin announces the new GPSMAP 276Cx

Discussion in 'Mapping & Navigation' started by mattebox, Oct 4, 2016.

1. Madsen

Madsen n00b

Oddometer:
    I'm thinking about replacing my 60csx with the 276 cx. Can you guys tell me if you can show multiple tracks at the same time, each with a different color on the 276cx?
  2. Garry H

Garry H Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    The 276cx will do that no problem
  3. Tork

Tork Aluminum Cigar Stuffer

Oddometer:
    Got my new unit , fully charged battery , downloaded express , registered unit , got confirmation unit is registered , express will not download updates for map and operating software , To further the frustration it has been years since I used the Garmin site for my old 2730 , also just recently bought a iMac and ditched the PC .

Any tips will be appreciated.

***update ***
    Downloaded WebUpdater and got the firmware updated to latest version.

Still cannot update base map using garmin express
  4. pepebayeta

pepebayeta Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    If I'm not wrong, there are no updates for the base map.
  5. Tork

Oddometer:
    Express states v 2019.11 update is available for Full Coverage of North America, I purchased the Automobile bundle .
  6. DonM

DonM Do-dah Do-dah

Oddometer:
    upload_2018-5-6_20-33-3.jpeg
  7. Tork

Oddometer:
    I think the issue is on my end , possible a slow connection and to be fair to garmin I can be an idiot.
  8. pepebayeta

pepebayeta Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Oh! Ok, I thought you meant the worldwide basemap.
    Don't worry that much about a map update but make sure to install the latest firmware version.
    Tork likes this.
  9. DonM

DonM Do-dah Do-dah

Oddometer:
    What do I need to buy to use the 276Cx in a car and on a bike? Want life time maps and a good bike mount.

Thanks!
  10. Tork

Oddometer:
    The automotive bundle comes with 2 mounts , 84CA3ED1-3DA3-410F-9519-12DFD48698C8.jpeg friction mount with cigarette plug for a car and a hard mount for a boat , The hard mount has a bracket that you can disassemble and hardwire on bike using ram balls and ram arm . Unit locks in with security screw . An upgrade would be the Touratech mount that uses the mount with wires that come with the boat mount . By taking off the 4 screws you can add a Ram base plate with ball or use it in TT mount 84CA3ED1-3DA3-410F-9519-12DFD48698C8.jpeg
  11. RonKZ650

RonKZ650 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Garmin claims the rugged mount is included, so if you buy the automotive bundle you get the good motorcycle mount as well as lifetime maps. Just have to add whatever you like to mount the rugged mount to the bars or wherever you plan to mount. The rugged mount is really great.
  12. DonM

DonM Do-dah Do-dah

Oddometer:
    I’m in! Will be here wandering in the wilderness
  13. DonM

DonM Do-dah Do-dah

Oddometer:
    What is the max memory of the sd card on the 276cx? Can’t find it in the user manual.
    Thx!
  14. nibby

nibby Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Does anyone know if you can show more than one track on the map page? I have a few tracks in the same area and want to view on the map and see where they meet/cross over etc.
    I've gone to tracks from the menu, selected the track hit the menu button and chosen "show on map" etc.
    But when I go to view one of the tracks by choosing one and hitting "map" it only shows me that particular track on the screen and not the others that I know should be showing.
    cheers for any help.
  15. HTSRocker

HTSRocker amateur

Oddometer:
    BigDogAdventures had put this up a while ago in #1511
    It sure set me up right
  16. nibby

nibby Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Thanks. I tried that #1511 post and thought it would work but when I've viewing a track and I know one of the other tracks I've enabled should run very close by and it doesn't show on the map?

I've gone back and made sure doing the reverse then shows "hide on map" but still wont show

anything obvious I'm doing wrong?
  17. HTSRocker

HTSRocker amateur

Oddometer:
    Each individual track that you want to view must be turned on, and the color changed to your preference. I set up a trip for this summer using a 140 tracks across the U.S., it took some time.
    nibby likes this.
  18. shu

shu ...

Oddometer:
    Nibby said:
    Does anyone know if you can show more than one track on the map page? I have a few tracks in the same area and want to view on the map and see where they meet/cross over etc.
    I've gone to tracks from the menu, selected the track hit the menu button and chosen "show on map" etc.

When you do this, you have opened up a file that pertains only to that particular track. That is, the only map you will see there is one that shows that one track.

But when I go to view one of the tracks by choosing one and hitting "map" it only shows me that particular track on the screen and not the others that I know should be showing.

All the tracks that you have marked 'Show on map' will be visible together on the main navigation map. Mark as many as you want , then quit and return to your main map and look at them there.

Right now I am riding in Spain and have 6 or 8 tracks- that I made at home on my computer -showing on my map so I can compare them to the routes that I am creating on the 276cx.

...................shu
    nibby likes this.
  19. bigboyxl

bigboyxl Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I’m with Nibby on this topic
    Probably no more such feature, as there is no Show on map, but only Review on map
    See the picture attached[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  20. bigboyxl

bigboyxl Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Ok @nibby now I found it too
    Once you “selected” the desired track from GPX list by up/down button hit Enter button
    [​IMG]
    Then hit Menu button and you will see that “Show on Map”
    [​IMG]

P.s. what is a bit frustrating is that you cannot do that with a track from Archive, first it should be places in to Favorites (GPX) tab

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk