Garmin GPS USB charger cord-not data!

Discussion in 'Mapping & Navigation' started by kantuckid, Oct 19, 2018.

1. kantuckid

kantuckid Long timer

Oddometer:
    I need a cheap, short charger cord for a scooter Garmin NUVI 2525 that will USB charge and allow navigation.
    It's difficult to look for one online as they sell the data cords for the same purpose when in reality the device thinks you want to transmit data as in an update or downloading maps mode.
    Which cable serves my purpose on two wheels? The Garmin cord with the traffic gizmo is too long for logical use on a PTW. I don't suppose there is a short cord like I need that includes the traffic gizmo?
  2. Boricua

Boricua Long timer

Oddometer:
    Garmin usb wiring is very specific. I have never found a third party cable that works.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk
    SmittyBlackstone likes this.
  3. greg.279

greg.279 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Spyrious and SmittyBlackstone like this.
  4. kantuckid

kantuckid Long timer

Oddometer:
    Yes, I found this cord. Their website lacks shipping cost unless you go to the pay button.
  5. tntriumph

tntriumph Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Just ordered a cable from them for my Garmin Nuvi 2597 LMT. FYI, standard domestic shipping was $3.00. I've used their cable in past, but after relocating my GPS mount I need a longer cable. Timely post for me, as I'd forgotten who I originally ordered the cable from.
    kantuckid likes this.
  6. Panther6834

Panther6834 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Pardon me for saying this, but that's a relatively idiotic thing to complain about. With all but a few websites, shipping costs are unknown until you get to the page where you enter shipping address. Using this site as an example, on the "cart" page, the 'shipping options' is initially greyed out...but, as soon as you've entered a valid shipping address, the 'shipping options' box becomes clickable, and you can see all available shipping options to your address, including the associated shipping cost. As I said, this is NO different than any other websites, with a few exceptions.

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk
  7. kantuckid

kantuckid Long timer

Oddometer:
    Idiot I am not and it was a minor observation at that-lower 48 shipping is easy to put up front? Like most modern shoppers it's not the first item I've placed into a cart before I found out the info.
    Relax and find someone else to bitch about?
    Post #5 thanks for passing on the info.
    Now I have to figure out how long when bars are turned full R & L?
    AlH likes this.
  8. Damifino

Damifino Damn if I know

Oddometer:
    I bought a cord from Amazon for my Oregon, full size USB on one end to plug into my bikes USB port and mini USB on the other end to plug into the GPS, it’s wired to provide power, not data, it takes a second to turn on and go to the map screen, but it does work.
    T-Power USB Charge Cable for Garmin GPS Oregon/Streetpilot /Tracking Device GTU/Garmin-Asus nuvifone Replacement Spare Power Cord Charging Cable https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00JFL6LNU/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_4ktZBbX82BEEC

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  9. kantuckid

kantuckid Long timer

Oddometer:
    I read a bunch of Amazon reviews , even tried asking questions from users-who do not ride- and gave up. I ordered the the www.3brpowersports.com folks for their 18" (16" would have worked for me but at least it's not one meter long like the one above) cable as that's what allowed my GPS to plug-in and allow handlebar movement. $14.95 +$3 s/h

Sent from my desktop puter while drinking coffee.:lol2
  10. Panther6834

Panther6834 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I never said you were an idiot, nor did I ever insinuate any such thing. Even the most intelligent of people are capable of saying idiotic things from time to time. As for putting the shipping cost "up front", even for the lower-48, that still isn't always possible. Using UPS as an example, their shipping cost, and thus what any retailer will charge you, is based on distance. If the warehouse is in Florida, the shipping cost will NOT be the same for shipping to New York vs California, thus, quite obviously, they cannot put the shipping cost "up front".
  11. CROSSBOLT

CROSSBOLT Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    The sale does not complete until "place order" is executed....
  12. kantuckid

kantuckid Long timer

Oddometer:
    The sale is done, thank you for that valuable information? :lol2
    Also nice to know I'm not an idiot, just someone who (perhaps) says something like an idiot would say...after all.
    FYI, we live rural and buy on the web nearly everyday and know how web buys happen- far from the first webpage I've seen. Idiotic "thing to complain about" was overkill about something said that was miniscule IMO? The FedEx & UPS man are on 1st name basis at my house.
    I have accounts with all the shippers and get email notices, etc.. Find something better to harp on?:-) Me too.
  13. 9Realms

9Realms Drawn in by the complex plot

Oddometer:
    kantuckid likes this.
  14. kantuckid

kantuckid Long timer

Oddometer:
    Zip lock bag on this one! After spending large!!! amounts of money on a Zumo I went the $15 used/like new route for my 2555 LMT GPS on ebay! Got regular power cords, data cords and a nice carry case too for walk abouts. I don't use cig connectors on a MC. Powerlets, USB and SAE. The two RAM mounts cost more than the GPS...
    9Realms likes this.
  15. Damifino

Damifino Damn if I know

Oddometer:
    I posted a review because I saw there was only one review and gave it one star because it did not not fit their 15 year old street pilot, if they were smart enough to read the description of the cable and look at the pictures they would have seen it has a mini USB on one end and a full size USB on the other, I dislike people on Amazon that leave negative reviews for being too dumb to buy the right item.
    CROSSBOLT and kantuckid like this.
  16. kantuckid

kantuckid Long timer

Oddometer:
    Yeh and then there's the people that post a review on the day they begin using something or the ones who reply to a request for info to say, sorry they don't know the answer or best of all is the many who cannot measure yet answer with a measurement, of sorts.
    Damifino likes this.
  17. Damifino

Damifino Damn if I know

Oddometer:
    As a follow up, my cheapo charger cable from Amazon crapped out last weekend riding the PB500, so the vibration and banging around will make it fail, started to get intermittent connection, guess I keep looking or just buy a couple knowing that they only last a few hard rides

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  18. kantuckid

kantuckid Long timer

Oddometer:
    I used my 3brpowersports redband cord past few days and I'm good to go.