GARMIN GPSmap question

Discussion in 'Mapping & Navigation' started by TWC4, May 3, 2020.

1. TWC4

TWC4 FULL TILT BUGGY

Oddometer:
    equipment: 276cx

I bought the 276 when it hit the market (the day of actually) to replace my 378. So i'm familiar with this platform...BUT...This is driving me bananas!

My question is about my POINTS and how they populate the page. Am I able to populate that list in any other way than proximity? All my points are categorized by what they are.

For example:

Peoples addresses get the "little house"
    good eats get the "knife and fork"
    Boat ramps get a..."boat ramp"
    ETC...ETC and so forth and so forth.....

So...? Am I able to populate this page in any other manner than proximity to my location?

double tap the MENU button brings you to the page that shows:
    SATELLITE ACQUISITION to the right and on the left side of the screen is
    GPS
    ROUTE
    This populates a list of my stuff that I thought I was able to play with based on things other than proximity.

I hope I haven't made your head hurt and thanks for any help.
    AND
    It is just as likely that I am using this "POINTS" thing all wrong..

TWC4
  2. DRTBYK

DRTBYK All Things GPS Supporter

Oddometer:
    @TWC4 to do what you want you will need to use the FIND Button feature and then press the WAYPOINTS search Icon and then press the MENU button. You should get a popup menu that allows you to sort your Waypoints in various ways: such as SYMBOL - which it seems you prefer.

Within the POINTS properties window you can assign each of your Waypoints with a Category tag of your choosing - which is also a good way to help sort your Waypoints - unfortunately Garmin didn't see fit to actually read the Category tag for any function other than showing it to you in the POINTS properties.