Garmin InReach - No Longer allowed to post to Facebook?

Discussion in 'Mapping & Navigation' started by Lord Dogmeat, Aug 14, 2018.

1. Lord Dogmeat

Lord Dogmeat Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I have a Garmin InReach, and for some reason it's no longer "allowed" to post to Facebook?

I have re-authorized it so I don't think its a permission issue, and I've gone through my Facebook settings to make sure it has the correct access, but when I log into the InReach site and go to the "Social" tab, I get the following message from Garmin -

So this leads me to believe Facebook must have changed something and Garmin hasn't gotten an update to work with it?

Thought I'd post up and see if anyone else has run into this.
    Chaostrophy likes this.
  2. jonz

jonz Miles are my mantra Supporter

Oddometer:
    CA dez (it's a dry heat)/West Yellowstone,MT
    Thanks for the update. In the past, I've had to re-sync my original inReach to my account to get it to post to Facebook. But I haven't tried it for a few months. I'll have to give it a try again and will check back on this thread to see what happens.
  3. Mr.JAJA

Mr.JAJA Long timer

Oddometer:
    I had the same on my last trip to Nova Scotia. Don't know if there fixed it.
  4. MJS

MJS Long timer

Oddometer:
    Seems like when cross posting to FB from a website now that a new FB page pops up and asks for permission to post to your account. Not a big deal when using a computer or phone. But might be incompatible with the text based message from the inreach.