1. eNewsletter Sign Up

Garmin Mexico Map?

Discussion in 'GPS Tracks - Mexico, Central & South America' started by HIgh Water, Jan 24, 2005.

1. HIgh Water

HIgh Water Waisting Time

Oddometer:
    Los Barriles, Baja - Colorado - Stuttgart Germany
    Has anyone found a better Garmin MapSource for <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" /><st1:country-region w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Mexico</st1:place></st1:country-region> other than “WorldMap”? The detail in WordMap leaves something to be desired.
  2. BigDogAdventures

BigDogAdventures Fart Letter Supporter

Oddometer:
    Garmin doesn't offer anything more detailed than World Map----everyone sure wishes they did----I'd give quite a few bucks to have the old "Roads and Recreations" detail we have here in the U.S. for Mexico. I've begged borrowed and stole lots of GPS data from other riders----and you know it is spot on. That's the best detail I've found.
  3. LarryB

LarryB Baja GPS Maps, LBMaps.com

Oddometer:
  4. topes

topes Banned

Oddometer:
  5. CMWoody

CMWoody Banned

Oddometer:
    Has anyone determined if Bicamapas are compatable with newer GPSs like the 276c and the 26XX?
  6. BigDogAdventures

BigDogAdventures Fart Letter Supporter

Oddometer:
    I was on Bicamapas website and was looking at the GPS screen shots of their map detail. It looked very pitiful to me even tho those shots were zoomed out a bunch. It they weren't any better detail than that when you zoom in I don't think they will get my money.
    Somebody that has loaded this stuff into their GPS needs to make a comment of how detailed and accurate the map dat is.
  7. gaspipe

gaspipe Wandering Soul

Oddometer:
    A detailed, accurate and comprehensive GPS map for Mexico doesn't yet exist, AFAIK.

I have used the Bicimapas GPS maps of Sonora, Chihuahua and Baja in some pretty remote areas and *some* of the roads and trails are there. Some aren't.

YMMV.
  8. topes

topes Banned

Oddometer:
    They sent me a sample map of Mexico City. That sample was very detailed. I'm going to buy the whole country. It's leaps and bounds better than the base map on my Garmin 60C.
  9. topes

topes Banned

Oddometer:
    Send them an email. They sent me an executable program that loaded the sample maps onto my Garmin 60C.
  10. topes

topes Banned

Oddometer:
    Oh, and they don't seem to auto route.