Garmin Nav4 cable?

Discussion in 'Mapping & Navigation' started by AZQKR, Oct 20, 2018.

1. AZQKR

AZQKR Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I have the above Garmin but am missing the cable that connects from the unit to the computers usb port.

Any idea where I might this animal? I need to download updated maps and have to have that cable.

Anyone got one they want to sell cheap or have suggestions of another product that would work?

Thanks
  2. rtrider

rtrider Lost

Oddometer:
    isn't that just a standard mini-usb? (not micro) I don't have the nav iv but looking at pictures thats what it looks like.
    AZQKR likes this.
  3. AZQKR

AZQKR Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    No idea, I'm not that tech savvy. I need to know which one fits, where to buy or secure one so I can get the updates.
  4. rtrider

rtrider Lost

Oddometer:
    most big box (best buy etc) electronics stores should have them - probably even walmart - although they are becoming less common. Certainly amazon.

I have piles of them lying around if you don't have one locally I could mail you one.
    AZQKR likes this.
  5. AZQKR

AZQKR Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    If you have one that will connect my Nav4 to the usb on the laptop, I'd really appreciate the assist sir. I'll start a conversation and give you my addy, really appreciate this assist.
  6. rmdrc

rmdrc Adventurer

Oddometer:
    It is a standard cable. I have several from digital cameras that work. If you take the Garmin to a circuit city, radio shack, probably even best buy they will get you a cable. Actually I take the standard cable statement back, my Garmen 665 uses a usb to usb mini-b 5 pin. Not sure if you Garmin is the same but I checked on cablestogo.com they have diagrams of each cable end so you can figure out what you need.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    AZQKR likes this.
  7. cpallen

cpallen Nearly Adventurer

Oddometer:
    It's called a 'Mini USB' cable like this one: https://www.amazon.com/AmazonBasics-USB-2-0-Cable-Male/dp/B00NH11N5A
    I also have a bunch of them and will mail you one if you send me your address in a PM.