Garmin VIRB Elite Camera/GPS

Discussion in 'Equipment' started by Emmbeedee, Nov 6, 2013.

1. doxbike

doxbike Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    So I have one of the first Elites and recently the rubber covering the power/mode button started to deteriorate and it eventually fell apart exposing the microswitch underneath. I initially wrapped electrician's tape around the body of the unit and used the end of my sunglass' temple pieces to turn it on/off/mode change. Finally, the brain fat passed after a few weeks of this and I decided to take the red neck repair to a new level. Took some Rescue Tape and folded it until the thickness = the distance to the microswitch, trimmed it to fit and then pressed hard enough to get it to adhere to a piece of the Rescue Tape and wrapped that around the body of the Virb- works just like it did originally and still water proof.
    Eltjo and g®eg like this.
  2. Emmbeedee

Emmbeedee Procrastinators

Oddometer:
    You never know what you're going to find when you ride back roads... A hunt pack out for a little exercise, it seems. Very well behaved, but then I am not a fox.

All our Virbs are still working as well as ever.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  3. Castos

Castos Castos

Oddometer:
    I hav
    I have mounted my Virb XE on the beak of the bike and have experienced no vibration. I have the power cord attached.
  4. doxbike

doxbike Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    working cows between Porterville and Kernville. Got caught in the largest active catle drive in California. Had to rinse all the cowshit off the Virb as well as the rest of the bike.
  5. Emmbeedee

Emmbeedee Procrastinators

Oddometer:
    One of the things I like most about the Virb is its mount system. I can take the camera off with one hand while riding my bicycle and record videos like this, then put it back on the mount without needing to stop.

My old dog loves going for a trailer ride. The camera was handheld for most of this.

Eltjo and ER70S-2 like this.
  6. simplemind

simplemind Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    You mean on the front fender? Have a bike photo? Tks
  7. Castos

Castos Castos

Oddometer:
    Hi Simplemind

Look at posts #108,110,116 where I have posted photos. I am at present in South Sudan and if you require more photos, let me know as I will be home in November

Cheers
    Andre
    simplemind likes this.