Garmin Zumo XT

Discussion in 'Mapping & Navigation' started by VCheng, Feb 25, 2020.

1. mrmagloo

mrmagloo Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Interesting. The 660 used to be able to tell which mount it was in. I have the XT Auto kit too, and when in the car mount, it stays in Motorcycle mode and doesn't ask. Not that it matters as I'm a strictly an on-road biker, but I'm surprised that you get that popup as I do not.
  2. simon crewe

simon crewe Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    The XT recognises which mode it is in via the contacts on the rear of the unit or via the power/data lead being plugged into the usb port. The auto mount for the XT is plain plastic with no electrical connections. If the XT is used in a vehicle on internal battery and placed on the automotive mount, it has no way of recognising which mode it is in. It will revert to the most recently used mode.
    MUDHWY likes this.
  3. mrmagloo

Oddometer:
    I get that Simon. The point is, in your first post, you claimed to get popups, asking for the prefered mode when used out of the MC Mount in the car - I presume on battery or USB. I said I'm not getting them when using it with the Auto Kit, which does have a proprietary USB charger, or running by battery. By your own proclamation, if it doesn't sense the MC mount, the logic is, it should ask. That is not what I'm seeing. Don't know why, but doesn't matter much to me.
  4. simon crewe

simon crewe Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I will double check next time I use it in the car to see 'exactly' what happens!
    MUDHWY and mrmagloo like this.
  5. mrmagloo

Oddometer:
    Thanks bud.
  6. StuartV

StuartV Motorcyclist Supporter

Oddometer:
    I thought the 660 would ask, based on what cradle you put it in, but I also thought there was some option to make the setting for each cradle "stick". So, once set, it wouldn't prompt again the next time you put it in that cradle.

Maybe that is the difference here? (if the XT has the same thing)
  7. DMo

DMo Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hi all. Considering picking up an XT and have a quick music question. I'm sure it's been covered off elsewhere, but, well, this thread is 118 pages! And I didn't see it in the 30 or 40 pages I read.

I use downloaded Spotify playlists pretty much exclusively when I ride. I understand that the XT does NOT have an integrated Spotify app, like previous Zumos. But I'm wondering what, if any, integration does exist and if anything shows up on screen. So, if the XT is paired to your phone and your phone is playing Spotify, do you have basic ability on screen to play and pause, and skip or reverse tracks? Does artist/track info show up on screen?

Thank you.
  8. V-Tom

V-Tom Long timer

Oddometer:
    Yes it does on mine when it is about to start a new song and on the music app.

..Tom
    DMo likes this.
  9. mrmagloo

Oddometer:
    Yes, the way it works once you have the phone paired is, you can select between the Phone or the MP3 library you have on the XT. Then further, you can control the stream and send it via BT to your helmet headset, in my case the Cardo Bold. I like the ability to be able to leave the phone protected and to control by the XT on the way to the Cardo.
    DMo, MUDHWY and V-Tom like this.
  10. MUDHWY

MUDHWY Simple Math

Oddometer:
    Will it pair to any BT earphones or does one need a helmet com system of some sort?
  11. Cru Jones

Cru Jones USUAL SUSPECT

Oddometer:
    Can you easily navigate between Spotify playlists with the XT? I often play online playlists when riding in areas with decent cell coverage, but frequently need to switch to my offline playlists when the cell coverage drops. If I can't do that without getting my phone out then that's a step back in functionality.
  12. Clammy69

Clammy69 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I have mine paired with my Shure BT in-ear monitors. And I've had it paired with various BT receivers. It should pair with any BT device.

Cheers!
    :super:super:super
    MUDHWY likes this.
  13. mrmagloo

Oddometer:
    To Clammy's point, beyond the Cardo Bold, when I was testing the XT before I got the Cardo, I did connect a set of Bose headsets and it paired and worked fine. However, I cannot comment beyond that other to say I think the XT should pair with anything relatively modern on BT 4.1
    MUDHWY likes this.
  14. V-Tom

V-Tom Long timer

Oddometer:
    If you have a headset with a microphone (like Cardo Packtalk Bold) then you can do "Voice Dial" on the XT and give your phone any commands you would give with "Okay Google" or "Hey Siri". I tell mine for example to "Play Playlist Tom1" and that works fine. (Or play any artist, or album etc.)

..Tom
  15. Cru Jones

Cru Jones USUAL SUSPECT

Oddometer:
    On my old phone (iPhone6) I cannot get Siri to interact with Spotify playlists, only Apple Music playlists/artists/albums. :(

edit: ok, I guess I can create a Siri shortcut and toggle to my offline playlist via a Siri command, but that's a lot harder and annoying than being able to just toggle on the Zumo screen.
  16. V-Tom

V-Tom Long timer

Oddometer:
    Sorry I'm using Android and just assumed Siri could do that. I only use Spotify and Tune in Radio plus mp3 on the xt. I use Tune-in for a particular am news station. The mp3 for my Playlists etc (and that can be totally controlled by the xt) I can ask Spotify to play any Playlist I have and also an artists or stuff like "70's road trip music." Etc.

..Tom
  17. rwiles

rwiles Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    It looks and acts like a generic digital music player app; start, pause, go forward or Bach
  18. V-Tom

V-Tom Long timer

Oddometer:
    What if you want Mozart? :)

..Tom
    DMo, EmmEff, MUDHWY and 2 others like this.
  19. MUDHWY

MUDHWY Simple Math

Oddometer:
    Get a Handel on yourself.
  20. FireDog45

FireDog45 Squirrels get enraged when they see me naked Supporter

Oddometer:
    upload_2020-10-21_14-23-35.gif